44 – Changes (3)
158 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'' So ... how are you?'' Jonathan asked slowly, almost as if he was unsure if he should talk. While they did talk through the radio, he somehow felt guilty because he was away for what he considered a long time.' Wait, why I'm feeling guilty?'

While Jonathan was confused, Samantha responded, '' I'm good, thanks. The baby is also fine... Also, you weren't gone for long, so nothing big really happened.''

Jonathan noddded, '' I see...''

The duo continued in silence until they arrived near their room. Jonathan then said, '' Listen, from now on things will get a lot more complicated for me, seeing as we will start expanding soon. I don't know how much time I can give you but I'll do my best to be there for you and the baby. I promise you that.''

Samantha smiled, '' That is good. I'm also glad you found your calling.'' She then gave him a quick hug and went to her room.

Jonathan just stood there, shocked, ' I found my calling?' He started to remember all he had gone through since the beginning of the apocalypse. It seems it all led him here and now with his plan of explaining, and in doing that helping others, he found what he was meant to do.

He looked at his hand and his INVENTORY. ' ... Let's not leave any regret!'

--

DAYS LATER

Jonathan procrastinated for a few days and then went to work. He now was facing a giant of a man.

'' So you were the leader they were talking about... I was expecting more.''

'' Dear!'' Becca almost hit Abraham in the head and apologized to me, '' I'm sorry, but my husband is somehow slow.''

Jonathan smiled at the interaction, '' I don't mind.''

Abraham recovered from nearly being struck, '' So, what do you come here for?''

Here was in block 3 and the people around were from Abraham's group, meaning Rosita, Eugene, and Abraham's family were there.

'' I see you guys were almost finishing adapting to your life here, so I came to ask something.''

Abraham was wary now, thinking it was something bad, ' I knew it! This was too good to be true.'

'' Say it.''

Jonathan noted the tone of Abraham's voice, almost as if he was ready to pick a fight if I said anything wrong, '' I plan on expanding the place, meaning we will be making a lot of construction around here. It comes to my ear that you know the ins and outs of construction.''

Abraham relaxed and looked around his group. He saw they were well fed and, for the first time in a long while, relaxed. So, he didn't hesitate, '' I'll help.''

Jonathan smiled as he was prepared to continue talking to convince Abraham. '' Good. I already have some people who also know the job but I plan on putting you in charge of them.''

In Gabriel's group, 7 people knew about construction, with some knowing more than others, but still, it was a team.

Abraham was surprised the person in front of him was letting him have command of some other people soon after he arrived, but he wasn't complaining. Still, he was curious, '' No problem, but let me tell you. We need some very specific vehicle to do certain things, and from what you told me, that you want to expand the territory, we will need some vehicle you can't find anywhere else besides a construction site.''

Jonathan was tranquil, '' Don't worry about it, and tell me what you need.''

Abraham wasn't too thrilled about it but soon noted down the things they would need to expand, make houses, etc.

Jonathan nodded as soon as he saw the list, '' Leave it to me. I'll have all of this in about a week or two.''

' So fast!?' Abraham was shocked by that and didn't believe it. Still, he said, '' Is that all?''

Jonathan nodded, '' Yes. You can meet the people you will be working with by going to block 1 and looking for Patrick. He will show you around.''

Becca, Abraham's wife, said as soon as I finished speaking, '' Say, where can we help? To be honest, we are feeling guilty because we do nothing and stay in a good place like this...''

Jonathan looked around and saw everyone, except Eugne, was really looking restless. '' I'll talk to some people to assist you with some type of work... I know it is late but welcome to our family.''

After a few more minutes of small talk with Abraham and the rest, Jonathan went to the other part of block 3, where Tyrese, Sasha, Bob, and Michonne were.

And, in the first 'room' of this area, Jonathan found Michonne, naked but covered with a blanket, with Tyress, also naked, beside her. He paused slightly but remembered how Michonne was in the comics, ' Right, she was so overcome with grief that she did do a lot of things to mask the pain. Sex was one of them.'

Jonathan wanted to move along but he knew he had to talk to both. So, he coughed lightly.

"..."

COUGH COUGH

This time he coughed stronger than before but to no avail. Jonathan tried to more time but both were still asleep.

A vein popped in Jonathan's head, ' I could've gone to Samantha and spent the day cuddling, but I had a job to do. And those 2 are rubbing their situation on my face!!'

They were, in fact, no rubbing in his face. They're sleeping.

But Jonathan ignored that very obvious reason and decided to wake them up once and for all. So he did a reasonable thing and took a pistol of his INVENTORY and aí- no, he shook both of them. Hard.

" Wake up." After rocking them back and forth for a while, the dup woke up.

Tyresse woke up first and was still dizzy. He looked around and saw Jonathan, who was still strange to him, and became alert. "Who are you?" He reached for his gun but did nothing more.

A hand blocked that action. " His name is Jonathan, the one in charge here." Michonne got up, naked, and put on her clothes, " So, what did you come here for?"

Jonathan didn't mind seeing her nude and said, " I came to discuss some things with both of you."

'' Say it.''

'' I came here looking for your ... services.''

---

'' So you want us to act like security? Isn't that the job of the people on the watchtower?'' Tyresse asked after listening to Jonathan's proposition. He found it odd because that role was already taken.

'' Yes and no. They deal with the danger at long distances, while both of you will deal with things that may pass through them. You can reject, of course, but honestly, I think both of you would be perfect for the job.''

'' I'm in.'' Micchone immediately said yes.

Jonathan nodded as if he expected that. Tyresse was surprised a little, but soon said yes too, '' When do we start ?''

'' When the construction of the houses around the prison starts.''

'' Houses?'' Micchone clearly didn't expect to hear that.

Jonathan grinned, '' I didn't tell you? We will expand our land. You both are part of something bigger than you ever thought possible.''

---

After making some adjustments with Micchone and Tyresse, Jonathan went and talked to Sasha and Bob. He happily passed the role of sniper to her and let Bob decide what he wanted to do. The man said he would think about it and answer later.

So, after running errands for the whole day, Jonathan was finally free to do what he wanted, ' Now, let's enjoy this free time.'

 


 

Time skip incoming!

10