57 – Answers (1)
59 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Jonathan came out of the bathroom, he was no longer a guard but an executive. And, based on his demeanor, he legitimately looked like an important person.

The clothes had changed and so had Jonathan's objective. He was going to pass himself off as an important person and, with the gadgets he had at hand, this was an easy task.

Who would suspect a person who looks like an important executive, has access to all the floors, and clearance in everything, to be an imposter?

So, without any fear on his face, Jonathan confidently went directly into the elevator. He didn't stop to ask anyone to not raise any suspicions and thanks to the conversation he had with the seller, who told him that the most important things must be on the basement or the terrace.

'That's not much of a help but it's what I got...'

So, without knowing where to go first, Jonathan did the most logical thing: look on every floor.

While those floors might not have Patient 0 on them, they could contain important things. Besides, Jonathan had time to search around, as his infiltration was perfect.

To Jonathan's luck, the building was relatively small, as it only had 50 floors compared to the one in China, with over 70 floors. After clicking the number 1 floor, all he had to do now was to wait.

-----

FLOOR 1

Just like the floors in China, it was a normal one, so as soon as Jonathan looked around a bit and saw that, he left for Floor 2.

' Hmmm, not here either.' After looking around for a few minutes, he once more went ahead to Floor 3. And, it was on floor 3, that a small problem arrived.

'' Hello, I've never seen you before. Can I ask which team you belong to?''

Jonathan looked towards where the voice came from, and it was from a normal desk. He flashed a smile, '' Hello there. I just arrived today on the Paris base, so I'm still just looking around.''

The person, a woman, from the desk looked at Jonathan suspiciously, '' All the other bases have already fallen...''

Jonathan was a little shocked but acted normal, '' Mine was the last one to fall, China, and we managed to evacuate some scientists from there. They also arrived today and will come here tomorrow to know things better.''

The woman surprisingly seems convinced, '' I see... It wasn't that long since we lost contact with China... so, that base also fell. At least we saved those we could, right?''

Jonathan nodded but was cursing the seller internally, ' How can you call yourself a seller on information when you didn't know a whole base fell!?' But it was also thanks to that, the seller believed Jonathan's story.

Jonathan also was surprised, ' So Umbrella isn't that powerful here... I think the Evolution may have thrown their plan out the window.'

Based on what the woman said, the base in Australia probably also was no longer working. And, to confirm Jonathan's suspicion that Patient 0 and meteor ZUBA were here in Paris, came a message from the SHOP.

' NEW INFORMATION. THE POINT IN AUSTRALIA IS NO LONGER RELEVANT. PATIENT 0 IS HERE ON PARIS.'

After watching the point in Australia disappear from the map, Jonathan returned his attention to the woman in front of him, '' Yes, a shame we lost so many good seedlings. At least I arrived where the most important asset of the company is, right?''

The woman nodded, her suspicion from earlier on was nowhere to be seen '' Yes, you're lucky to have a chance to see our earlier work.''

Jonathan didn't miss that chance, '' Can you tell me where it is? As I said before I just arrived here and I'm trying to see 'it' but I can't seem to find it on any floor.''

The woman smiled a little, and based on Jonathan by his clothes, she concluded he had a high position on the China base, so she responded kindly, '' Even if you had a high clearance on the other bases, here things were different, so it's normal they didn't show you everything. Follow me.''

She then got up from her seat and introduced herself, '' You can call me Veronica.''

'' My name is Jonathan.'' Jonathan didn't mind telling his true name as it really didn't matter now he knew Umbrella wasn't that powerful, ' Their only value would be if they knew how to control or maintain the zombie docile, just like the one around Paris. And the things they possessed, like Patient 0 and meteor Zuba.'

Jonathan was really curious about the 'docile' zombies of Paris, so he wanted to know more about them if possible.

The duo then entered the elevator and Veronica continued to have small chats with Jonathan, who did his best to act like he knew everything.

It wasn't that hard though, as who would believe anyone would infiltrate their base so blatantly.

Regardless, Veronica clicked on a few floor numbers, and the elevator suddenly started to go down. She looked at Jonathan and could see his surprise, '' We have a basement in the basement here because, you know.''

Jonathan said with jealousy, '' My base didn't have that.'' But he was thinking otherwise, ' China probably had that too, but I entered the building after the place fell, so I had no chance to get there.'

Veronica smirked, '' Again, Paris is our most important base, so it's normal if the other base didn't have this. Their loss.''

After a few seconds, the pair arrived at the basement's basement. It had nothing in it and for a few seconds Jonathan suspected he might have fallen into some sort of trap, ' But it shouldn't be possible, my disguise is perfect.'

Regardless, Jonathan acted normal and after leaving the elevator and looking around, asked Veronica, '' What now?''

Veronica, however, didn't leave the elevator, '' This is as far as my clearance goes. I know the way but can't walk it.''

Jonathan looked around the empty floor and his eyebrows twitched, ' I have no idea what to do here!' So he looked at Veronica and thanked her once more, '' Is there anything else you can tell me?''

Veronica shook her head, '' Just put your access card there and you're good to go.'' She pointed at a place near a wall that had nothing in it.

Jonathan went that way while looking at Veronica from the corner of his eyes. ' She didn't leave... so she's still suspicious, even though she acted like she was not. Good instinct, but your opponent is me.'

After putting his card where Veronica pointed him, surprisingly, a hidden door opened nearby. Veronica visibly relaxed and finally left.

Jonathan now looked at the path that opened, ' Let's find patient 0.' His focus was on finding that, but if he could find other things, like meteor ZUBA or how the apocalypse started, it would be good too.

 

--

When Jonathan entered this hidden door, he was surprised by the scale on which Umbrella operated. There were a lot of computers around, with many people looking at them with the utmost attention. He walked around unbothered and could see what they were looking at.

' DNA, RNA, among other things. But those didn't look like human DNA... It is very different from what I know. It must belong to the zombies.' He also noted the majority of them looked like they hadn't slept for days or even months.

' Look like they were also trying to find some sort of cure. Maybe the docile zombies are because of their research?'

Ignoring those for now, Jonathan focused on finding any clue on patient 0 location. ' Those people are so focused they didn't even glance at me.'

After walking around a bit, Jonathan found an empty desk with a computer and sat on it. He used his USB and bypassed anything that required a password.

At first Jonathan just wanted to find about patient 0, but there, on the files of the computer he was on, Jonathan finally had an answer on why the apocalypse happened/started.

5