62 – Preparations (1)
55 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Of course, their current helicopter wasn't going to make it to the United States without a few refueling stops, so Jonathan had found a place to land and 'found' a plane with enough space for everyone in that same place.

Everyone was surprised by that but said nothing about the coincidences that kept happening.

And, unlike with the x15 Jet, when the journey would take less than two days, now with the slower plane, Jonathan estimated that it would take a good few hours to get home. The problem was that of all the people here, only Jonathan knew how to fly the plane, and he was tired.

This was to be expected, given that he had fought Nemesis, been hit by a witch's shockwave (the nickname Jonathan gave to the special zombie after noticing the scream), and had to fight off a huge horde, all with Alice hanging on his back.

So Jonathan had no energy at all. He had something that gave him energy, thanks to SHOP, but it wasn't worth it, thanks to the side effects. To Jonathan's luck, the plane had an autopilot, but in an emergency, a pilot was essential.

Fighting sleep, Jonathan used the radio to talk to Math. ''Math, do you copy?''

It didn't take long for Math to reply, ''Jonathan, I'm here. It's good to see you survived.''

"I told you I could escape easily... I'm here with 15 scientists.'' Jonathan then gave the names of the people with him. ''Tell their families they're okay.

This was something Jonathan had forgotten to do, even though he had taken the scientists' families on the first trips to the place where the planes and helicopters were.

'' No problem. Math gave orders to his men. ''Now... what will happen?
''
''Well, we will arrive at home, rest, and then try and make the cure.''

''... That simple?''

'' Yes.''

Jonathan and Math talked some more until they didn't have much to say. After saying goodbye, Jonathan once again was hit with sleepiness.

With no other option, Jonathan called a scientist and said, '' I doubt anything would happen unless zombies learned how to fly, but if you noticed something weird, anything, wake me up.''

The said scientist nodded and sat in the pilot seat. Jonathan then sat beside Alice, who was still sleeping, and soon enough, he too was sleeping.

---

HOURS LATER
Jonathan woke up to someone touching him. As soon as he woke up, he aimed his pistol. When he finally woke up for good, he unzipped himself, put the pistol away, and asked, ''What happened?''

'' It looks like we've arrived.'' Looking out the window, Jonathan saw that they had arrived somewhere, presumably in the United States.

When Jonathan looked at the time, he noticed that he had slept a long time, and if nothing had gone wrong, it was the time he had predicted they would arrive. Looking at Alice, who was still asleep, he asked, ''Did something happen while I was asleep?''

'' No.''

'' Okay. Now, let's head home.'' Jonathan then sent a message to the prison group to bring enough cars for 500 people.

Remembering that he had barely spoken to the prison group on this trip, Jonathan knew he would have to apologize again.

All this madness, going to China, then to Paris, the fights, and everything else, had taken place in the space of less than a week. Jonathan sat in the cockpit and rang Math, who answered quickly, ''Have you arrived?''

'' Yes, a few minutes ago. We've already landed, but the planes were noisy, so we don't have much time to stay here.''

"Give me five minutes.''

5 minutes later, Jonathan landed the plane. He had already noticed that the group from the prison had arrived with the cars and was talking to the survivors. Or at least trying to.

While English is the universal language of the Earth and everyone should be able to talk a little bit, some people don't know how to speak that well.

Jonathan could see that Math was talking to Glenn, who should be the leader of the group that came to get them. He could see them both talking on apparently good terms.

When Glenn saw Jonathan, he excused himself from the conversation with Math and approached Jonathan.

'' Jonathan! It's good to see you again.'' Glenn hugged Jonathan.

'' I have been gone for less than a week. How are things in prison?''

Glenn broke the hug and looked happy and concerned. '' I took a day or two to accommodate the people that came from the Commonwealth, but we are managing it now. The problem is the zombies, they are more fierce now.''

'' Did we lose anyone?''

'' A few people...''

''... I'm sorry.''

''Don't be, Jonathan. We all know what we have to do. But now, some good news. My family and Michonne's daughter were with the Commonwealth people.''

Jonathan was surprised, as he knew about Michonne's daughter but not about Glenn's family. '' Really? Good for you!''

Glenn still didn't lose his smile. Do you want more good news?''

'' Sure.''

'' Maggie is pregnant! The test you gave us came back positive.''

''Congratulations man. I know you're going to be a good father.''

'' I will try my best.'' Glenn then looked at Alice and said, ''Who's she?''

Jonathan looked serious. She is the key.''

'' To what?''

'' To end the apocalypse.''
---

 

After a few more seconds of conversation, Jonathan and the rest left in a hurry, afraid of the zombies finding them. On the way to the prison, Jonathan explained to Glenn who Alice was.

Glenn only had one question about this whole ordeal, '' How did you know where she was?''

Jonathan, as always, didn't answer directly, '' Secret.''

They spent the rest of the trip to the prison catching up. The people from Paris, too, did their best to get to know everyone.

Soon enough, they arrived at the prison, and Jonathan finally started to feel the pressure.

' I have to defend this place... from multiple enemies, all at once.'

Based on what he knew about how this world acts, when they manage to make the cure, the zombies, somehow, will attack them. It was a gut feeling Jonathan had, and he would do his best to prepare.

' But this is a problem for the future me. I miss Hope.' Jonathan only had a few days with his daughter, and he wanted to spend more time with her.

After parking the cars around the prison, which wasn't a prison anymore, thanks to the renovation they had done, every survivor from Paris got out and started in awe of what they had accomplished.

Jonathan nodded seeing their reaction. He too didn't believe they made this whole place, 'It's amazing, really so.'

The three original blocks from the prison were still there, home to the initial groups, but the expansion added more apartments and houses here and there. Of course, all of it was possible thanks to Jonathan providing material, Abraham coordinating the construction, and the others helping.

They also made a wall/fence, which covered the entire place. All in all, it was expected to be able to house up to 100.000 people, and the number around here was 40k, counting everyone.

While it wasn't on the same scope as Paris, it was still good. But even Paris had fallen, so while it was nice to have walls around, it wasn't enough to guarantee everyone's safety.

Jonathan could already see the attack they would receive, so he was also making some preparations in his head, like where to make traps, put bombs, etc. He then said to the new members, ''Welcome to your new home!''

''You all will be given liberty to do whatever you want, you're not a prisoner here.'' Jonathan specifically said that to the scientists as a promise that he would not do the same thing as Umbrella did.

'' Of course, I ask for the help of those who have worked on Patient 0 data before. We all know how important that is.'' Jonathan didn't mention that in a week they would eventually find the cure, so their job was a short one.

'' I know your situation wasn't good, but I promise we will never act that way. Can I count on your help?''

As the majority of those here worked for Umbrella in some way or another, they knew certain things that the rest of the world didn't. And their decision was an easy one.

'' Sure.''

'' As long as you can promise us safety, we don't mind.''

Jonathan smiled and said,  I promise to do my utmost to protect you and your loved ones.''

That was enough for them.

Jonathan then called Glenn and said,  I need you to call everyone here to hear what I'm about to say.''

'' Everyone.''

'' Yes. In an hour, I want everyone reunited here.''

Glenn thought it was a weird request but complied nonetheless. But then he remembered something, '' Jonathan, I was distracted because I was reunited with you, but how the hell did those people who lived in Paris arrive here?''

That was something that was bugging Glenn's mind. It just didn't make sense for Jonathan to be able to fly, grab those many people, and come back in only a few days.

Jonathan knew he would have to eventually tell some core people about what he could do, but for now, he answered, ''Secret.''

After making sure the people he saved from Paris were assigned to a position they would help a lot, Jonathan delegated the rest of the job to the four leaders of the prison/city and went to see Hope.

---

Hope still stayed in a room in the infirmary, as she was still very young.

Jonathan felt himself heal just by seeing her. He played around with her for a bit until he heard the sound of someone entering the room. 

He looked back, and Samantha was there, smiling, seeing the scene. Jonathan said awkwardly, '' Hi... I know I should've called, but-''

'' SHHH, I know. You need to mention this every time. I trust you and your survival skills completely.''

Jonathan felt relieved but said, '' I hope that will be enough.''

Samantha tilted her head and said, '' What do you mean?'' As she recalled, Jonathan went outside to look for a cure but returned more pessimistic than before.

'' I'll explain later, when everyone is around. I already told Glenn to gather everyone. They should hear what I'm about to say.'' Jonathan wouldn't withhold information, he would tell everyone around here that in a week they would suffer an attack or something like that.

' I need to do that for them to prepare.' Jonathan knew the older members of his group would 100% believe him right away, but the others might think I'm crazy.

'... Which I'm a little.' Who would trust someone if they said zombies would attack their home?

Anyway, Samantha went beside Jonathan, and both played around with Hope.

After an hour or so, Hope's batteries were depleted, and she went to sleep. Jonathan put her in bed and said, '' Let's go.''

Jonathan and Samantha walked side by side, and he explained in detail what he had done in the last few days.

Samantha could only marvel and be shocked by what he went through. As they didn't have enough time, as they were getting closer to where everyone was, Jonathan didn't have enough time to tell everything.

Finally, they arrived at the place where everyone was gathered. Jonathan said to Samantha, '' I'll tell you more details later.''

Samantha nodded and went beside the four people who led the prison.

The place where Jonathan asked everyone to gather was outside Block 1, near the gates and fences. It had enough space to fit everyone, and it did so.

Jonathan looked around at everyone in that area. The majority of those here were saved by Jonathan, so he could see their eyes filled with trust.

' Let's hope they will believe what I say... I need their help to build enough traps and devices to stop the incoming zombies.'

Having a headache because of what might happen in the future, Jonathan started talking to everyone, saying, '' Good day to all of you. I know a lot of those here know my name and what I do, but for those who don't, my name is Jonathan, and my job is to go outside looking for survivors and then bring them here to safety.

'' And, in one of my rounds in the outside world, I found something that changed everything for us.''

Jonathan went out of view of everyone for a second and brought back the suitcase where Meteor Zuba was, '' This is the thing that started the apolispe.''

Under the shocked gaze of those who didn't know anything about that, Jonathan told everyone what he knew. About Alice, Nemesis, and Umbrella and what they did.

After seeing everyone's shocked faces, Jonathan nodded internally. He wanted that reaction, ' While fear is one of the most paralyzing feelings, it also brings forth the strongest of the will to overcome it. They will need that.'

'' I also know for a fact that the zombies are attracted to Alice in some way or another. So, we will be attacked by all zombies around the area or even from faraway places.''

'' I know it sounds scary, but I guarantee you, the cure will be made in 7 days. I can promise that with my soul on the line.'' That was something he really could promise, as the shop said.

'' We just need to hold and protect our house while our friends, who worked to find the cure before, do their job. Can I count on all of your help?''

Silence. No one said anything.

Jonathan could only sigh, ' I knew it was much information to them, but it's not like I had a choice.' 

If Jonathan took things too slow now, they wouldn't have time to prepare.

After a few minutes of silence, Jonathan said, '' I'll give you one hour to digest everything that I said. After that, I'll ask you once more.'' He then started to leave the place.

But he didn't have to wait that long.

'' Wait!'' Jonathan looked back at the person who said that. It was Eugene.

'' I'll help.''

Jonathan looked at the man with gratitude.

And it had a snowball effect, as everyone started saying the same thing.

'' It's to find the cure. Of course, we will help.''

'' Count on me.''

After seeing that, Jonathan smiled and said, ''Then, let's start the preparations!''

 


Thanks for the support!

4