Chapter 5- What happened to him…?
15k 19 334
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

How much I tried to remember how I died in my last life, nothing came up.

I was just cycling with my childhood friends and some from high school on a countryside road. After that nothing seemed clear so I just left it at that.

I didn't have any parents in my last life nor any person I hold dear who could move me to tears. I was just a third-year high school guy with some good friends, who had nothing special going on with his life.

And now when I have entered this world that I have only seen through manga or read in a novel, I am kinda tense.

Seth Albeck has already done various things to plot against the protagonist Arata so he could see him in agony and steal everything Arata holds dear to his heart.

The first step was his childhood friend and first lover, Serena. Originally, after she sleeps with Seth, the pain of the guilt eats her away.

But since I entered the plot, things were bound to change and I have no problem with it.

But the unexpected event was Arata's appearance in the mansion.

In the manga, Arata only comes to know about the wickedness of Seth and the reason for Serena's suicide after he sees the diary she left behind. The diary contained how much she had suffered and the reason for taking this decision.

When I read the lines in the novel, I was fifteen years old. And to be honest, I cried hard after I read how much Serena has gone through after Seth tainted her.

Well, let's not think about something which is no longer going to happen.

The problem is Arata.

'Does the world itself get affected because of my actions? '

There was a possibility but first I need to gather information about the geography and other basic details. The novel was quite developed but still, there is a lot to know if I am really going to live in this body.

There doesn't seem to be any memory dropping on my consciousness related to the previous owner of this body. So the only option left was…

'We meet again… My worst enemy… '*

_____________

After leaving the Albeck mansion, Serena used her Forth-Tier [Levitation] skill to carry Arata back to the student's dorm.

People like Seth and the other teachers have their separate houses or mansions on the outskirts of the academy where normally, no general students are allowed to go unless ordered.

Fortunately, it was too late for anyone to notice them, and Serena being aware of all the other night surveillance, reached the dorm without being caught.

It was a punishable act to wander at night so after entering Arata's room, Serena sighed in relief.

All the way until they reached the place, Arata was silent as ever. And Serena knew the reason for this silence.

Sighing, she went to the cabinet beside the study table before she picked up the medical kit from it.

Due to the one-sided brawl with the maid, he had a lot of scratches on his forehead. The slam on the ground was quite harsh indeed.

Applying cotton with antiseptic, Serena cleaned the injury as she spoke in a gentle tone.

"Are you still angry that I took you away?"

Arata had his eyes averted as he spoke his frustration out.

"How can I not be? He tried to… "

"But he didn't do anything to me…did he?"

Unexpectedly absurd it may sound but from what Serena told him, it seemed Seth only take Serena to create a misunderstanding between the two childhood friends.

Thanks to this fact, Arata even calmed somewhat down and let himself be taken away. Only if he had tried to take his Serena from him… Arata would have…

"Aru-kun… Look at me."

With her fingers on his cheek, Serena urged him to look at her. Arata didn't resist since she was too precious for him to keep ignoring her.

With her warm gaze directed at her hopeless friend, she spoke in a soothing tone.

"I am okay, alright? He didn't even spare a single glance at me. Seth just wanted to lay a distance between us yet he failed. So let's do our best to not give people like Seth opportunities to come between us, okay?"

Arata had a lot of things to ask but hearing such a lovely voice and being directed by such an unfair gaze, Arata conceded before he leaned his head on hers and closed his eyes.

Serena did the same as always but unlike in the past when all her worries seemed to fade away with such a gesture, currently, her mind was in chaos.

'....what actually happened… with that guy… '

_________________…

A/N:-

1) He's talking about books.

The protag is somewhat dunce and perceive things late. Well, our MC is quite the sly one so I hope you guys enjoy the story.

Drop a comment ~

334