Chapter 10- Fiancee~1!
13.6k 32 325
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You always arrive first my lady."

My maid complained with a slight frown as she poured some freshly brewed tea in front.

"Well, not like it will change anything even if you complain, Caroline."

I have always arrived early whenever I invited my fiancé for tea or any other ceremony. And since it has been like this for the past quite a few years, I no longer feel like complaining.

I very well know that my responsible and admirable fiancé doesn't see me as a potential love interest or to say, I don't even know whether Seth thinks of me as a woman or not.

We have been together since the age of ten and were engaged when we were thirteen. But with time, Seth became distant.

'Well, was he ever close to me in the first place… ?'

Compared to Seth whom I have known for so long, I have become relatively close to the friends I made in the Academy and also the first-year guy, Arata.

Arata isn't like Seth at all. He is gentle and considerate and can go out of his way to help someone completely stranger to him. Not to talk about his calming looks which unlike Seth doesn't always keep me on edge.

Seth is a person who always makes me conscious of whether I am doing everything right or not. But around Arata, I can be myself. He doesn't judge me by my mistakes rather he appreciates my attempts to become better.

As things are going I am sure I will fall for Arata one day and when that day would come, I am going to break off this engagement since I don't want to betray Seth.

It's not like I hate Seth but I don't have that passion for him that could stop me from loving someone else.

"My lady. Master Seth is here."

I woke up from my reverie as I heard my maid. Glancing forward, I saw the man walking with long yet graceful strides. His hair was styled in the same manner I have grown accustomed to seeing with his top-notch appearance which always makes me self-conscious about whether I have dressed properly or not.

Seth never changes that's what I thought but little did I expect…

_______________

[Seth's POV]

After the greeting which involves kissing the back of her hand and such, I sat while facing the person who is currently my fiancee and the person who would backstab me if the original story would have progressed.

She's one of the heroines of the protagonist Arata who would betray Seth at the most critical moment.

Long pink curly hair with emerald eyes and a clumsy yet bubbly personality. She is famous for being a loving onee-san type but not someone I enjoyed reading much. I mean she is the reason why Seth was so fucked up.

The tea was served and we were supposed to have a melodious conversation like every engaged couple have. But rather than useless chatter I better wanted to clear things with her up first.

Coincidently, she picked the same topic, I was going to point out.

"I will be leaving first for the vacation and will meet you at the end of the first week for the ceremony."

The ceremony she talked about was the marriage anniversary of my parents which I and Laila have to naturally go to as a couple.

But now, I don't have any plans to act couple nor have any thought of going back on vacation.

"About that, Laila."

Hearing my words rather than a nod which the original Seth would have given in the response, Laila raised her brows.

"I have sent a letter to my parents. So it's better you enjoy your vacations as you like."

I sipped on the tea nonchalantly even though I was receiving a murderous glare from the maid standing some meters away.

Laila was naturally startled to hear me as she asked in a hurried tone.

"Why? You don't want me to represent myself as your betrothed?"

I will pretend not to notice the evident emotional blend in her voice since I know it would ignite the dormant Seth inside of me.

It was strange to see Laila reacting this way when she actually doesn't have any feelings toward Seth at all. But well, I have to say this nonetheless.

"No, it's not that, Lady Laila. More like, I am breaking off our engagement. So from today on, you are no longer bound to anyone."

This was the best solution I could come up with if I want to avoid various death flags. And since Laila was also fed up with me it was best for both of us to go on separate ways from now on.

My heart was beating like hell at the moment as I uttered those words. This shows the obsession that the original character had with this girl.

But well…

**Tik**

After putting down the cup on the table, I looked toward my front and got startled.

I was expecting Laila to have more of a glad expression since this was what she must have wanted. But what I am seeing right now was a teary-eyed Laila who was only able to mutter a single word.

"Why…?"

_________________

A/N: - This will continue in the next chapter as well. We will have justifications from each POV so don't worry.

Let me know if you guys liking the story so far~


(P. S: - I have uploaded R-18 for Wannabe Villain on Scribble Hub. Do check it.) 

325