Chapter 42- Don’t shout!
10.4k 19 246
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Slowly yet surely, Seth was able to use his psychic abilities to rescue the students, stuck inside the Treasury.

It has only been ten days since he has been reincarnated into this body and got to experience this foreign add-on of his abilities called Soul Energy. It goes without saying that it would take him time to become proficient with his skills.

Seth was able to pull seven of the nine students out of the room somehow and pass them to Anabelle who was further healing them.

Seth's face by now, has become ghastly pale as he raggedly breathes at the edge of the room while using his sheer will to keep himself going.

Seth has faced these kinds of situations in his past life as well, where he thought, giving up couldn't be more sweet. But every time he was on the verge of falling, the scream of his instructor rang his senses to its fullest.

'Regret would be the first thing you will feel if you fall there, Haru! Stand still and show me I didn't trained a wuss!'

Thinking about the old man, a trembling smile made its way on his lips as once again Seth extended his hand and focused on Arata since he didn't have much strength left to lift both Arata and Serena at the same time.

"Hupp!"

Once again, forging his Soul into Energy Seth manipulated the psion waves in his target's direction but due to lack of control, it took a lot of Soul Energy than it was required to reach up to the mark.

The door was almost on the verge of locking itself, with only a 60-centimeter gap remaining but that would be enough to pull out those two.

Arata was captured in his hold as Seth began slowly and steadily pulling out the boy. Seth's vision was darkening dangerously but he knew he wouldn't faint before throwing out Serena.

"Annabelle."

"Hai."

With that call, Seth delegates the protagonist to the heroine. Anabelle knew what to do and being useful to Seth couldn't have made her more elated.

Now, the only person left was the blond girl who was still frozen at her spot due to the Cursed Energy.

With his vision turning blurry, Seth extended his arm and oozed the very last of his Soul Energy to direct the psion waves on Serena.

The gate was forty centimeters apart so it would have been no problem to pull the slim girl out. But suddenly something unexpected happened and Seth found his consciousness fading at a rapid pace.

And not only that, an abrupt force was applied to his back which Seth was unable to counter in his current situation.

Resulting…

**CLICK**

With a clicking sound, the door to the treasury closed itself out for the outsider, leaving everyone but Seth and Serena, out in the main Temple.

___________________

"Ah!"

Serena fell on her knee as the weight over her shoulder which previously froze each muscle of her body seemed to be disappearing slowly.

Her vision was dropping steadily because of the lack of air but fortunately, before Serena could have left any hope of being saved, the surroundings began to restore to normal.

Turning her gaze, Serena found that she still was inside the Vault but Arata was nowhere to be seen.

In a panic, she twirled on her knees, to search for anyone else but the only person her eyes caught up to was…

"President?! What happened to you?"

Serena was physically fine, but just her breathing was slightly ragged. Pushing herself, she approached Seth who was lying flat on the ground.

Gaining no response, Serena became worried as she hurriedly turned his body to make him face the ceiling when suddenly, she got startled.

"Eiik!"

"Don't shout."

Serena regretted yelping like a kid upon realizing that Seth was awake but for some reason, he seemed immobile. He was lying straight with his eyes fixed toward the front and that seemed creepy undoubtedly.

"Wh-What happened to you, President? And… why we are the only ones here?"

Serena's face soon paled as she realized that the door of the Treasury had been closed and strangely, the person who was against entering the place was the only one left inside with her.

"Don't panic and command your Soul Energy. The more you will let them loose, the more curse energy would corrupt your vessel."

Serena wasn't a naive child who would scream and cry just because she was frightened.

She knew something unfortunate had already taken place and there was nothing she can do by going against Seth's words.

She has tried once and now she repents her decision.

Seth knew it would take her time to collect herself since she was trapped in a room with the person who once blackmailed her to sleep with her and also said such harsh things last time.

But strangely, Serena soon after turned toward Seth and helped him to sit with his back supported on the wall.

There was a strange glint of determination in her eyes like she accepted this whole situation rather readily.

"I apologize for not stopping the others from entering inside before but now what's done is done. I think it's better if we focus on escaping this room safe and secure."

There was no longer stammer or weakness in her voice as she stated the obvious retort they were left with.

Seth was mesmerized by her mature behavior for a moment.

He knew there was a lot of trouble going to rise in this place and it would be a pain to get over this without the help of his abilities.

But seeing the little girl being so brave, Seth couldn't help but feel slightly motivated.

With a long sigh, he leaned his head on the cold wall before whispering what his still-shaken mind informed him.

"It won't be that bad when the two of us are here… right?"

____________________

A/N: - Seth might be a little OOC and except for a lot of character development.

Drop a comment if you are enjoying the story and your holidays~

246