Chapter 48- Why didn’t you touch me?
8.6k 11 208
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The respective job of the two was done.

It took Serena more than an hour but she grasped the surface of what Seth tried to teach her.

She somehow was able to utilize her soul energy until the point where she didn't let herself get corrupted due to the abundant Curse in the Vault.

Her insides were burning violently to the point she was unable to suppress it and ended up lying down on the pavement weakly after throwing her clothes again and covering herself with Seth's furry coat.

However, she fulfilled her task and handed a flame torch to Seth before she admitted her defeat.

She tried to take another torch but since it was enough, Seth told her to rest since he needed her for the next battle.

Seth also got done with his work in the meantime.

He wasn't excellent at his job but he pretty much separated every useful thing from the wolf's body and currently was cooking its meat for both of them to eat.

The wolf fur was carefully draped at a side near the flames so it could get dry and ready to use.

Since Serena's frock was pretty much deformed, he tore some straps and bound it around the head of two small bones and also strips of wolf fat along with the fabric. It would be his source of light if the Temple provided the torch extinguished.

Since the head of the torch was wide and round, it was quite easy for Seth to cook two chunks of meat before he turned toward Serena.

Serena also got up as she saw Seth approaching with burned out meat. But she was hungry enough to get bothered by such trivial things.

"First drink a mouthful of water and then start eating."

Serena nodded as she instantly pulled away her hand and took out her flask which was three-forth empty.

Because of her earlier condition, she ended up drinking a lot of water and Seth also didn't stop her as she indeed seemed to be suffering a lot.

Both of them drank water before Seth passed the meat which was skewed with a small bone of the wolf.

"Fooo… foo…Aaammm…"

Seth took a long glance at Serena's adorable way of eating before he also began to devour the juicy feast.

There was no denying that it would have tasted excellent with salt but beggars can't be a chooser. The temple provided them with the meat was hefty enough to remain optimistic about the situation.

"We won't get corrupted right? This was a Temple beast you know… "

What Serena said was understandable since the creature inside the Temple always disintegrates into light particles after being defeated. The only thing that remains was a Core stone.

Those who tried to eat the meat of a still alive but possibly wounded beast of a Temple, end up either instant dead or their core gets corrupted and turns them into an abomination.

Seth did receive a Core stone from the Fenrir which he kept inside his pocket but there was a reason he felt there won't be any consequences of feasting on this beast.

"What we are eating is the remains of a dead creature which is practically impossible to obtain in the outside Temple."

Serena shrugged her shoulder and continued eating. She couldn't care less at this point since it was their last source to fill their stomachs. Whining about possibilities would only irritate Seth.

Soon they finished the food and sat back comfortably while facing the flames.

Seth let Serena use his coat while he covered himself in the wolf fur. The weather was still cold as ever.

The silence between them was peaceful as both of them got immense in their respective worlds.

Seth was pondering about the past days when he spent as a character he only despised back in his previous life.

He won't say he shared the same sentiment even after living so many days in this body but the stress that comes along bothers him to no end.

Unlike their past life, Seth had made no connection, whom he can truly trust and hang out without any concern for the future at all.

He indeed had gotten close to his personal maid and future wife, but not to the point where he could let go of his restraints and put away his guard.

She might be a gentle and adorable woman but Seth had his own experience about when to completely open up to someone. And Lara is not there yet.

There was his mother as well, who might have already sent troupes to check on the matter. Or maybe her husband who happens to be her Commander and field in charge as well.

Not to talk about, his own training of skills was pending which needed to be sorted out soon since he would be going back to his hometown after walking out of this temple.

Duchess was portrayed to be an observant and cunning woman. It would take her no time to detect if something seemed wrong with Seth's behavior.

"Hey, President… "

His train of thought broke abruptly when he heard Serena's trailing-off voice from his left.

Staying silent he let the girl continue with her question.

"Why did you didn't touch me that night…?"

Serena had this question ever since she could remember and despite being embarrassed she wanted to know it right now.

Serena felt that there won't be any more instances where she could be this leisurely and alone with Seth to ask about this.

Seth was taken aback by the question since he never thought that there could be a girl who would ask her ex-blackmailer why he didn't sleep with her.

Or maybe he just doesn't understand women at all….

With a sigh, he kept his gaze straight as he answered in a serene tone that seemed rather warmer than his usual voice.

"I was just evaluating…how much a person can go for their friendship. And the realization was rather disheartening for me to swallow…"

Serena's eyes went wide as she heard him.

There was no denying from his words that Seth was just testing Serena's friendship with Arata and upon witnessing her passion, he pulled away.

There was something that bothered her for the last part, for which she turned toward Seth to ask.

But just upon twisting her neck, she felt herself being pushed away with a heavy weight pressed on her which belonged to none other than Seth.

"Ah!"

**SMASH**

. ________________.

A/N: - I hope the story hasn't become boring. I can wrap this arc quickly but these conversations are required for character development.

Please let me know in the comments if you are enjoying the story~

208