Chapter 55- Turning a bad end!
9.9k 14 229
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Empire of Ranghaur dominates the most diverse piece of land and also comprises the strongest arsenal of humanity.

It goes without saying that there needed to be a division of resources and political power in order to maintain livelihoods and lead the Empire to a better tomorrow.

The top of the authority scale is ruled by the Emperor of Ranghaur who has absolute power and could defy any decision or law if the situation grows out of hand.

There are four Dukes who work independently yet have to rely on the Empire in case of major cases or while taking significant decisions which might influence the whole continent.

The rank then descends to the third step of the hierarchy and brings the Count upfront. There are six distinct assigned counts in Ranghaur.

Everyone who isn't a part of the aristocracy believes that those sharing the same ranking, have the same political prowess, but it wasn't like that.

Just like Duchess Valarie who despite being on a similar post as the other three, stands over all of them and just some inches below the Emperor.

The same was for Count Stephen Hel Himelton who stands on the second degree of the particular ranking and has prevailed in his standings for three generations.

Several training divisions under Count Stephen follow the same method and mannerisms as the man, to become one of the best warriors and serve their motherland.

Serena was the third child of Count Stephen with his second wife. With a family of three wives and six children, Stephen envisioned a future where each of his offspring would become a phenomenal figure.

Since childhood, Serena was taught how to become a proper lady and trained to become a warrior as well.

In this male dominant society, there are few like Valarie Albeck who have the capability to stand on top without relying on her counterpart.

Count Stephen respects such women and thus allowed his daughters to be taught in every field so that in the future either as a Ruler or as a supporter, they can deliver their best.

Serena has grown up in such an environment where her siblings always look out to point out mistakes in others. A life where she has to do her best in order to gain recognition from her parents.

In the main storyline, when she returned home, her mother took an inspection of her daughter as what it has always been. And when she found out that Serena has lost her chastity, Serena was thrown into a pit of endless loathe by her own family.

She was not allowed to disclose Seth's name and her parents started to doubt that it was the same commoner whom Serena had been meeting since childhood. Arata.

In the end, she killed herself because of constant verbal abuse, and the way her own blood looked at her made Serena completely broken to the point of no return.

In the suicide note she just wrote that it was no one's fault but rather Serena's own greed which turned things likes this.

She couldn't have blame Seth since he had his mother as a backing and trying to tarnish his name only would have made Arata and her family suffer.

She chose to die on the night of the 21st day of the month of Aurora.

And that event was the main trigger of Seth's demise.

_________

But things have changed now…

"Ah! "

Serena in a fluster tried to get up from the bed as she saw her mother standing near her with her pale golden eyes looking down at Serena.

But the older woman—Elisha Himelton—shook her head lightly and leaned forward to tuck Serena back in the blanket.

"You should rest for now. Your injuries have healed but it will take time for your eyes to adjust."

Upon her remark, Serena suddenly remembered that she lost her eyesight in the last battle but now she was clearly able to see everything.

It was not impossible but it takes a whole lot of expense to call a High priest which made Serena slightly guilty to be thrown in such a state.

"How do you feel now, Serena?"

Her mother sat at the edge of the bed as she asked in an unusually soothing tone which pulled Serena out of her daze.

She was startled hearing such a voice from her mother since Serena has mostly been scolded by her mother and instructors for being so weak physically.

"I-I am fine, mother. Thank you for asking."

Serena felt even more shy when her mother suddenly brought her hand over Serena's head as she spoke with a small smile.

"You did great, Serena. Your father is proud of you."

Serena's eyes steadily went wide since it took her time to understand her mother's words.

"F-father…really?"

Being a responsible Count and the chief supervisor of the Divisional army keeps Stephen occupied all the time, to keep a record of his children.

It was the duty of the assigned instructors and their mothers to keep all six in the best shape and grow up in the best possible way.

Hearing that her father mentioned Serena and also that he was proud of her made the silly girl nearly cry in elation.

With a soft smile still lifting the edge of her lips as she watched her daughter's reaction, before Elisha continued.

"Your Grace Duchess Valarie sent a letter of appreciation and she was the one who took the job to send you safe and sound back to us. You should have seen the smug your father had when he read the letter."

Serena somehow could picture her father twisting his mustache in pride which made her giggle slightly.

However, the point of focus was Duchess Valarie's generosity which Serena never thought could extend up to this point. And more so when Serena did nothing more than just pull out Seth of the Temple which anyone could have done after the doors were open.

It seemed Seth hadn't told any details or maybe he hadn't woken up….?

"M-Mother… What about President Seth? Is there information on his well-being?"

Elisha smiled mysteriously upon seeing the impatience and concern in her daughter's eyes before the woman assured the girl.

"Why don't you ask him in a few days when you will be meeting him?"

__________________

A/N: - I thought it's better to list things up of the original plot line when they should have occurred in order to keep things less complicated.

Drop a comment if you are liking the story~

229