Chapter 48. Breaking Physics.
509 10 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   Bulma-" No, no, no! That's impossible, I'm telling you Kashi, there has to be a resonance frequency the room operates on. I bet you, we could open a door out of that room ourselves if we pumped enough power into it."   

   Kashi-" What you are saying would take far too much Ki to do, the kind of power that could take out solar systems if not galaxies, it is completely unrealistic. Besides, even if we could, it would just snap shut immediately."   

   Bulma-" I'm positive you would have a few seconds before the tear recovered. The magic is strong and complex I believe you, but physics is my bitch, I'm sure of this."   

   The following morning after completing our challenges we were all at the room of spirit and time. Kashi and Bulma have been going back and forth bouncing ideas off each other since we started.

   Kashi-" I think we should focus on this part Look here, it shows we can change various settings"

   Bulma-" Can we turn the gravity down?"

   Kashi-"Only up in multiples of ten. I don't see an upper limit, but I bet there is one. We can also change the dilation strength. It's at max strength right now.

   Hold on, I think I figured it out. If I'm right, the controls appear to be a balancing act. The higher the gravity, the less strength in the the dilation effect. It also looks like there are places to upgrade the room. Holes in the magic. Whoever made this was a genuine genius, using a customizable ritual to maintain the rooms function like an enchantment, such beautiful work. I wonder who made it." 

   Chichi-" How did you learn how to read this magic script so well Kashi? Mr. Popo said it was special."

   Kashi-" Baba taught me all I needed to know whether I liked it or not."

   Kami-" Well, she has done an excellent job, because you are reading the writing of gods. The creator of this room were the Kai's themselves. They gave these lookouts to various races that met a threshold when they appoint the first Guardian. The lookout is proof that at one point we had their favor."   

   Chi-Chi-" Gods made all of this?"

   Kami-". That was the previous North Kai, who contrusted this residence. He has long retired and the current one resides at the end of snakeway. Perhaps you will meet him one day."

   Bulma-" Even Gods retire. The more you know."

   Kami-" They are Gods because they are all born on the World Core. An incredibly special place where life first began. They are born from a massive tree. If lucky they are selected to become Kai's, or if born from a golden apple they are selected as Supreme Kai's."

   Kashi-" I take it that's the next rank up?"   

   Kami-" Indeed it is, long ago our Universe was subjected to a great evil that cost the lives of many of these supreme Kai's. It is my theory that this has inadvertantly led to the Cold families success at ruling the known universe, and causing our low Mortal Level. The Supreme Kai's are in charge of creating life bearing planets. Without their presence the universe has suffered. And the God of Destruction who normally has work to do, has been sleeping. Him not Destroying means nobody is Creating."

   Goku-" They sound strong. It's sad they died."

   Kami-" Not everything is measured in Ki, even for them Goku. While they may not have been the strongest of gods, they indeed sit above mortals in Rank. The four I personally know of are East Kai, West Kai, North Kai, and as you may expect South Kai. They each watch over their respective portions of the universe." 

   Chi-Chi-" Which one watches over us?"

   Kami-" That would be North Kai, but you can call him King Kai. He is a rather jolly man with a penchant for cheesy joke's."

   Goku-" Mr. Popo, can we try it now please?"

   Popo-" I suppose but, listen closely Goku. The previous North Kai made this room with all the safety features possible. The room is made to push your limits but not cause serious harm or death. But bad decisions cannot be guarded against. Remember, the further you travel from the door the harsher it will become.

   The gravity only changes once you leave the pedastle. No need to worry about the concerns Bulma has brought up, much of that has been accounted for and the rest can be dealt with Ki itself. You already know of the two year limit, are there any other questions?"

   Ryan-" How much food is in there?"

   Popo-" I keep it stocked, it's bland food but, it's enough for two people to last a couple years easily."

   Ryan-" That is perfect, thank you Mr Popo."

   Bulma-" And how long do you plan on going in there for hmm?

   Ryan-" If all goes well? Atleast a day maybe two. I'll be sure to leave before I need to teach the class the day after tomorrow."

   Kashi-" But!, that's an entire year or two inside there! How can you say that so casually, I thought you weren't going to even use the room?"

   Ryan-"After I watched Goku's Challenge I changed my mind. Besides, I'm younger than both of you as is, and Goku is starting to look like Chi-Chi's little brother. We could use a year or two to catch-up."

   Last night I had suggested this to Goku and he od course agreed. After watching Goku train in high gravity and feeling the results, even if it was all only image training, I changed my mind entirely. I also know that Goku hardly grows until sometime after the next Tournament, but I honestly want this time to train. 

   I have learned so much and have a wedding ahead and Bulma's seal is going to end soon after that. Things have been stacking up since before I went hunting bounties with Kashi. I won't have the time later, now is a great chance to solidify my foundations. I also need a place where nobody can spy on me when I practice the brand new 2nd stage transformation. This is too great a chance to pass up.

   Bulma-" He's already made up his mind Kashi, there is no chance at convincing him otherwise."

   Kashi-" HAaa...You better not be late."

   Ryan-" Depends on the gravity, I promise you, if I can't cut it, I won't stay in there. We can always come out early if we stop seeing gains."

   GG-" Do not underestimate the room Ryan, and take care of Goku."

   Kami-"Are you sure about this boys?  I won't stop you, but this is a very arduous task you have set, that will take a long time. The room is only intended for emergencies normally. Not to be used in a consecutive fashion like this"

   Ryan-"I appreciate the concern Kami, but, I'd rather be proactive. I have a bunch of stuff in my hammerspace for enjoyment and As you said earlier, threats are out there, we need to be ready. After I saw Goku's challenge I know I'll need this strength as well."

   Kami and GG seemed satisfied with my answer and Goku managed to sneak off over to Chi-Chi and give her a kiss. She has been oddly quiet about this. My girls are not so shy and didn't hold back from giving me a group hug with a few kisses on my cheeks. After my release I met Goku at the door and said my goodbyes, but not before giving the girls each a long deep kiss. Uncaring for the prying eyes.

   Ryan-" I'll see you in a day or two, take care." 

   Chi-Chi-" I'll be here waiting for you Goku!"

   GG-" Don't hurt yourselves boys. and here Ryan, take these." 

   GG throws me a small bag I recognize as one of Korins. It feels light, but I can tell there are a few Senzu beans in there.

   GG-" Just Incase you both get carried away."

   Ryan-" Thanks GG."    

   Goku and I head through the door Mr Popo opened, we can't see anything inside until we step through the threshold. When the door closes behind us, it sounds off into the distance seemingly forever, Goku can't help it and runs off ahead into the wide open room.

   As I step further inside I get a good look at everything. Like in the past the anime only caught the broad strokes. There are more rooms than shown, and the ceiling is much taller by the door. The pillars holding it up are easily over 100 foot tall. Further out I can see the hourglasses's standing tall, as if massive monument's. One is draining but the second has yet to begin. The two hourglasses's are still so very small looking when compared to the vastness of this space. 

   Goku-" WoW! It's heavy! Not as bad as that planet though! Come on Ryan get over here! I'll show you how to handle the gravity like a Saiyan!" 

   Ryan-" I don't know Goku, that may not work for me, but there is only one way to find out."

   I take a fast step making it completely off of the pedastle and into the gravity, making sure all of me in inside the area. Instantly, I can feel my weight go from 200 lbs to 2,000. My arms want to fall to my sides and, my eyesight starts to become tunnel vision. With a combination of firming my muscles and breathing I buy myself time to use my Ki to aid my body.

   Goku-" You ok Ryan?"

   Ryan-" Hrrm_mmgh-hmm_ggg."

   Goku-" What's with the long face? Was your skin always so floppy?"

   Ryan-" hhrr--haaa..grrr...hhh."

   Goku-" Are you ok? You look like you need the bathroom. but you don't use the bathroom..this is confusing."

   As I try to adapt I watch as Goku flaunts his casual ability to act so normally in this gravity. He isn't this dumb, he's playing stupid. The grin on his face shows me all I need to know.   

   Even with my ability so far, and my enhanced body, this is not easy to do for extended periods. If my body wasn't so strong I'm sure I would have blood vessels rupturing and would have passed out by now. to stop Goku's gloating I squeak out some words.

   Ryan-" Ahhmm, Goku, haa.., give me.,,,ahhmm, Time. Haaa Go, stretch.

   Goku-" Why you holding your breath like that?" Whatever, get me when you are ready, I'll show you the moves!"

   Goku like always, has no clue for the finer parts of Ki control, or ability to teach them to a human, atleast for now. 

   He takes off a ways away and begins going through the Katas, while I fall into a meditation i do alongside the breathing exercise from my past. Out of sudden inspiration I make myself some new clothes with them being extremely tight fitting in mind, this helps my blood from pooling. I also reveal my horns leaving them out, I'm tried of hiding them and need the bit mental focus back.

   Goku-" I wish I had horns like that."

   I could hear Goku, getting distracted by my horns but, I pay it no mind. I delve deep inside my body, and like GG taught us, I use my Ki and it's connection with my body to find where it needs help.

   During my analysis I find that tightening my muscles and pumping my blood harder, with slower, but longer heartbeats, with much more power works well. I reinforce my bones next before putting my focus onto all my ligaments and joints, for an unknown amount of time I go through my body, focusing on each individual aspect of each part, and altering how my Ki affects them on a case by case basis, something I'd never be able to do if it wasn't for GG.

   Many times I had to go back and do a portion over again as I simply forgot. Or worse yet, I had made a bad decision and enhanced certain areas too much or too little and it caused the rest to go out of balance. Before I could finish, the ever present alarm of Goku's stomach rang out for not the first time since I started.

   Goku-"Please Ryan, let's eat already!"

   I couldn't deprive the poor Goku any longer and I was overdoing it. So I grunt out a reply. 

   Ryan-"Alright, alright, I'm coming." 

   I make my way towards the pedastle with heavy steps, I haven't even started on balancing my power distribution with moving in mind, this is going to take a while.

   ----Two months later----

   Goku-" You gotta be faster than that!"

   The hyperbolic time chamber must have thought we deserved a snow day because we woke up to a blizzard.   

   Goku challenged me to a snowball fight and here we are throwing what amounts to ice balls at each other with unsafe amounts of force.

   SFX: Tooff!

   Ryan-"Ha!, You mi-!Poof!"

   Goku-" What were you saying Ryan?"

   I wipe the snow from my face to see that Goku is holding extra snowballs with that extra long tail of his. But this reminds me of why I came here in the first place.

   Ryan-"Remember when we made plans to come here and I told you about a tail I could grow?"

   Goku-" Uh huh, you said it was new."  

   Ryan-" Kinda, I practiced with my horns for over a year, and leaned much more about my Quicksilver, wanna see?" 

   Goku-" Of course, show me! You said it was green?"

   Ryan-" And white. Now give me a second."

   The past two months have been more than enough to get used to the gravity. Goku and I have yet to fight a real bloody fight, only a few light spars, but that is actually rather normal. We simply have no need to push ourselves so harshly without some sort of impetuous looming over our heads. But GG gave me Four Senzu beans and I know exactly how to use one right now.

   I clear an extra large spot in the snow with a basic Kai. The snow is heavier, thicker, but gives way all the same. the transformation is really quick, but I have only ever done it once, while with Kashi, during our bounty hunts. 

   As we have all learned our gifts all reveal more with time and experience. In my case, after having my horns out for more than a year consistently, I learned about the next proper transformation. Only to find I wasn't using it right, or rather, there was a better way, a different way.

   I trigger my improved second transformation and feel as a long tail growns from the small of my back. This isn't like the one that I grew back at Bulma's house when I was messing around. This tail is extra long but not quite as thick as the last. It ends in an extremely sharp point. I have deft control of it as expected. This transformation suits me much more than the previous hulking monstrosity. But it's only a variation of the same thing with its own costs.

   Goku-" You got those cool horns AND a Dragon tail! That's soo cool! And feel how strong you are now! It's almost as a strong as Nappa! Amazing!"

   Ryan-" Don't praise me too much Goku, it'll make me feel guilty."

  Goku-" Guilty for wha-

  SFX: "CRAACCK!!!-BOoOM!"

  The sound of my fist launching Goku into the distance was followed by the boom of the sound barrier being broken by myself as I sucker punched Goku without holding back. I decided when I got those beans that I would trigger his Zenkai atleast once. but I also think abusing it knowingly wouldn't have good results. Instead, I decided to beat the crap out of Goku while I can with impunity.

   The second transformation boosts my power, by double and is much easier to maintain now that it's just another body part. Instead of changing all of my skin, hands, ears, nose and face, all the way down to my bones, I can just sprout the tail, and get the same boost. The tradeoff Is less of the Quicksilver, with this extra long tail using most of it, even more than I believe the third form will need, but I don't care, it's proof of progress and the perfect form for right now.

   Goku-" You aren't getting away with that, Jackass!"

   As expected he is back up quickly and begins to charge at me, just as intended when I hit him like that. Goku hates being pushed around, I better savor these days while I can.

  Ryan-" Oh? GG, and Kashi aren't here, what can you do about it?"  

   I say this with my best antaganizing voice even putting a hand in my pocket, to show I'm not taking him seriously at all. I also create giant spears above my head from magic that are numerous enough to cast me in their shadow. I do this all to show Goku who is actually in control. I want him to actually feel threatened by me.

   Goku-"Grr..if only I had my power pole.."

For those who care.

Picture

10