Chapter 179
2.2k 12 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Steve arrived home after a long flight, returning once a month while working for SHIELD.

With his suitcase in hand, he knocked on the door of his house, realizing idly that the large villa in the background was occupied.

Soon the door opened, and an involuntary smile appeared on his face as he saw Peggy.

"Hello, darling," Peggy said, smiling gently.

That smile made him pull her into his embrace, still finding it hard to believe that his strict Peggy could smile at him like that.

"Hello, how are you?" Steve said, kissing her forehead.

"Well, a bit bored, haven't found anything to do," Peggy said, smiling.

"How's everything at SHIELD?" Peggy asked.

"All good, some small things to take care of, nothing major," Steve said, leaving his suitcase aside and walking with Peggy to the sofa.

"By the way, do we have new neighbors?" Steve asked.

"I saw several people arrive, although all of them are women, so I don't know what's going on," Peggy said thoughtfully.

"Hm, we should go later to say hello," Steve said, smiling.

Peggy smiled, caressing Steve's cheek.

"Do you want something to eat?" Peggy asked, getting up.

"Sure," Steve said with a smile.

Peggy smiled faintly as she walked to the kitchen. Something she had discovered since she stopped working was that she enjoyed cooking, although it was a disaster at the beginning.

Steve followed her and leaned against the counter while watching her.

"It's fun to go shopping with Laura. It's funny that two retired agents live so normally," Peggy said, laughing.

"It really seems like a community for Avengers' families," Steve said, chuckling.

Both were quite surprised to see Clint and Laura as their neighbors.

"Don't joke, maybe this place is some kind of political asylum for people with special conditions," Peggy said as she cooked.

"Tell me, after living here, would you like to go back to the United States?" Steve asked, looking at Peggy's back.

Peggy's hands stopped for a moment before continuing.

"I don't know. I like it here, the air is clean, the people are nice, and it's very safe. If we want to start a family, this place would be ideal," Peggy said, turning around and smiling at Steve.

"We want to start a family?" Steve asked with a suggestive smile.

"Silly," Peggy said, smiling slightly as she finished what she was doing.

Peggy placed several plates of food in front of Steve before sitting across from him. She had already eaten, so she would just watch and talk with him.

"And how is it going with Stark?" Peggy asked, smiling slightly.

"Stark... I admit we don't get along as well as I did with Howard," Steve said, shaking his head.

"Their personalities are very similar, it's just that Tony is much more... eccentric, and you couldn't form a bond like with Howard," Peggy said, smiling without knowing how to describe it.

"Howard... I miss him. I really couldn't believe he was dead when I was informed," Peggy said, sighing and shaking her head.

"Yeah, it's hard to believe he died in a car accident in the middle of nowhere," Steve said, frowning.

"We looked as best as we could, and while there was something suspicious, after searching for a long time, we found nothing," Peggy said, shaking her head.

"All right," Steve said, giving Peggy a faint smile, not wanting to dwell on the matter.

Steve wiped his mouth with a napkin before standing up and putting the dishes in the dishwasher.

"How about we go see who the new neighbors are?" Peggy suggested, coming up behind Steve, standing on tiptoes as she hugged his neck and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Let's go. I'm curious too. I don't think they let just anyone live in this place," Steve said, smiling slightly as he turned around and embraced Peggy.

Peggy kissed Steve before smiling and letting go.

"I have a cake I bought. We can bring it," Peggy said, opening the refrigerator and taking out a cake.

"Let's go," Peggy said, carrying the cake in her hands.

Steve just smiled and put his hand on her waist before walking alongside her.

They walked slowly along the sidewalk until they reached the villa.

Steve stepped forward and rang the doorbell as they waited for the door to open.

After waiting for a few seconds, the door was opened by a middle-aged man who looked at them before putting on a surprised expression.

Steve guessed they recognized him, it wasn't too unusual, and he was used to it.

"Hello, we're your neighbors," Steve said, extending his hand courteously.

"Hello, I guess," Alexei said, extending his hand and shaking Steve's.

Steve raised his eyebrows a bit surprised by the firmness of Alexei's hand before using a bit more force.

Alexei also felt a bit competitive and increased the strength of his grip.

Peggy looked at both of them strangely as they didn't let go, then glanced at their expressions and quickly noticed what they were doing.

As expected, there were no normal people in this place. The man seemed to keep up with Steve, who could easily break someone's hand with a handshake.

Soon, both were using all their strength before suddenly stopping. Both recognized the strength of the other, and even Steve had to admit that in pure strength, the man in front of him was slightly stronger.

It might seem like they were evenly matched, but his hand really hurt.

"My name is Steve Rogers, and this is my wife, Peggy Carter," Steve said, introducing himself.

"Alexei Shostakov," Alexei said, turning towards Peggy as well.

"You... you're the Red Guardian," Peggy said after a moment of surprise. It had seemed familiar, but she hadn't thought too much about it. Now that he said his name, there was no doubt.

"It's nice to know someone remembers me," Alexei said, laughing clearly pleased.

"Here, a welcome gift," Peggy said, handing the cake to Alexei.

"Thank you very much," Alexei said, nodding with a smile.

Steve didn't know who the Red Guardian was, but he didn't say anything and waited to ask Peggy when they were alone.

"Hm, come in. We just moved today, so we really only have the basics. My daughters went out shopping and should be back soon," Alexei said, inviting them inside.

"Thank you very much," Steve said after hesitating for a moment.

Alexei stepped aside so that Steve and Peggy could enter before closing the door.

Alexei quickly walked ahead and led them to the living room before inviting them to sit.

"I really didn't know that Captain America also lived here and had a wife," Alexei said with a smile.

"Yeah, well, it's actually a secret, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone," Steve said, chuckling.

"Of course not, I've always seen you as my rival. When I became a super soldier like you, I always wanted us to face each other. Unfortunately, we were born in different times," Alexei said, sighing with pity.

Anyway, life goes on, as your self-proclaimed rival, I'm glad you made it, too," Alexei said with a laugh.

Steve listened to everything he said, a bit confused, before finally looking at Peggy.

"Alexei was the first and only super soldier of the Soviet Union, for reasons I'm not aware of, he suddenly disappeared shortly before the party fell," Peggy said, looking at Steve.

"Wow, I'm sorry I didn't recognize you. There's still a lot I don't know," Steve said, feeling the need to apologize as he realized Alexei thought he was his rival, but he didn't even know him.

"It's okay, just things of the past," Alexei said, indifferent.

At that moment, Melina appeared in the living room and looked at the couple on the sofa, confused by their presence.

She immediately recognized Steve, adding more confusion.

"She's my wife, Melina," Alexei said, smiling at Melina, motioning for her to come closer.

"They are our neighbors, Peggy and Steve. I'm sure you already know Steve," Alexei said, chuckling.

"It's hard not to know him these days. Nice to meet you," Melina said, nodding towards Peggy and Steve.

"Welcome to the neighborhood, although, in reality, it's just us two and another family before you arrived," Peggy said, nodding with a smile.

Peggy and Steve noticed that Melina wasn't a normal woman either. When she entered the room, she was clearly alert, her steps were silent, and her posture was ready to attack or retreat, a habit developed unconsciously after many years as an agent.

At that moment, the front door opened, and they heard dozens of footsteps walking towards the living room.

Natasha, carrying several bags, and Yelena stopped abruptly when they saw two familiar faces in the room.

"Wow, Steve, I didn't know you were here," Natasha said with a surprised smile.

"Hm, I came to take a break. You know I love this place," Steve said, smiling.

"I guess it will be a surprise for you, but they are my parents, and she is my little sister," Natasha said, smiling as she nudged Yelena forward a bit.

"Pleasure to meet you," Peggy said, nodding to Yelena.

"It's really a surprise. Well, I always thought that... you know," Steve said, not finishing his sentence.

"Yes, we have a really complicated family history, but we reconciled and decided to leave everything in the past," Alexei said, nodding happily.

"I'm glad," Steve said, nodding.

"How are you, Peggy? Have you adapted to the quiet life?" Natasha asked jokingly.

"Remember, you can come visit me, and we can see what we do," Natasha said, smiling.

"I've been quite well as I am, and I really wouldn't want to bother you. You must have things to do," Peggy said, smiling at Natasha.

"Oh, don't be like that. We're actually quite lazy at home. You can drop by one day," Natasha said.

"If there's an opportunity," Peggy said, nodding.

"Oh, by the way, they'll be your neighbors too," Natasha said, gesturing to all the girls.

They all nodded with different expressions toward Steve and Peggy before starting to climb the stairs to put away the things they bought.

"All right, we'll let you do your things," Peggy said, standing up.

"See you," Steve said, also getting up and saying goodbye.

"Sure, if you ever want to stretch your muscles, you can come see me. To be honest, I lack physical condition," Alexei said, laughing while patting his stomach.

"That would be fine. We can't be rivals if we never fight," Steve said, laughing.

"See you," Peggy said one last time before leaving with Steve.

"That woman, wasn't she one of the founders of SHIELD?" Melina asked after they left.

"Yes, she is," Natasha said, nodding.

"She shouldn't be over 90 years old, right?" Melina asked, looking at Natasha.

"I guess that's also an opportunity to ask about the physical changes in you, those characteristic red eyes that seem to run in your whole family."

''Not to mention the demonstration of powers, you flew and Damian literally appeared out of nowhere''

"Dreykov also always seemed very scared of Damian. He avoided as much conflict as possible. His expression and voice trembled when talking about him," Melina said thoughtfully.

"Hmm, about that matter, I'm not sure if it's good to tell them," Natasha said, hesitating.

"You see, Damian is not actually human," Natasha said after thinking for a moment. In reality, Damian doesn't care if they know, so she decides to just tell them. He doesn't like secrets.

"I knew it, he's too handsome. Definitely not human," Yelena said, nodding as if everything made sense.

"Wow, even if I suspected it, it's hard news to digest," Melina said, closing her eyes.

"So, he's an alien?" Alexei asked, confused.

"Well, not really since he was born on Earth, or so he thinks... it's complicated," Natasha said, not going into the details.

"He's a vampire, and it's more or less like in fiction. I also became a vampire," Natasha said.

"Now things really make sense," Yelena said, nodding, even if she didn't know much about the topic, she had heard stories about vampires with red eyes.

"So, you drink blood?" Melina asked, analyzing everything.

"Yes, I drink Damian's. I must say it's the most delicious thing I've ever tasted in my life," Natasha said her eyes unfocused.

"Cough... sorry, I really haven't been a vampire for even 2 weeks, there are some things I'm not used to," Natasha said, coughing.

"So, are there many vampires in this country?" Yelena asked, confused.

"Not many, apart from the family, I think there are not even ten," Natasha said.

"Anyway, all these things will be revealed eventually. Just keep it a secret for now," Natasha said, shrugging.

"And if you're happy with this?" Alexei asked.

"Yes, it's really great to be a vampire. I'm very strong and fast, but the most important thing is my familiar. They take some time to wake up," Natasha said, smiling.

"If you're satisfied and it's what you wanted, then it's perfect," Alexei said, nodding.

Natasha just smiled slightly, feeling good.

"Well, I'll go back home. I still have to take care of Antonia. Are you sure you want to let her live here?" Natasha asked, looking at them. After all, it's a burden they wouldn't have to bear, not to mention she's Dreykov's daughter.

"It's fine, leave her here. I think it would be good for everyone," Yelena said seriously.

"All right," Natasha said, nodding.

"Then, see you later," Natasha said, saying goodbye and giving each of them a hug before leaving.

Since the car she arrived in was going to be left for them to use, she simply walked out of the complex before taking the bus.

Not many people could recognize her due to her change in appearance, and even fewer would recognize her as a queen since no one knew.

----

Remember that you can support me and see 10 advanced chapters at patreon.com/Fast_Reader

90