Chapter 181
2.1k 9 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''Alright, but for now, we'll keep evading. I'll feel more at ease when I place you in a safe location.''

''No, there's no better time than now,'' said Betty, looking at him with a smile.

''There's no way,'' Bruce immediately refused.

''Although in theory, a transfusion would be sufficient, I want to investigate more about it to give you the best,'' Bruce told Betty.

''What if you transform into something like Blonsky?'' Bruce asked when he noticed Betty still wanted to object.

As expected, her words immediately got stuck, and she didn't say anything more.

Bruce continued leaping until he reached Stark Tower.

His arrival transformed immediately caught Jarvis's attention, who communicated with Tony.

Tony used the elevator and arrived on the first floor. After opening the door, he saw Bruce and Betty.

Bruce had come to his tower several times after the invasion, and they had gotten along quite well.

''Hello,'' said Tony, greeting them.

''Tony, I have a matter to attend to. Can Betty stay with you for a while?'' Bruce asked.

''Hello,'' said Betty, smiling slightly.

''Sure,'' said Tony, shrugging.

''See you later. Try not to get carried away,'' Betty said, kissing Bruce's cheek before entering the tower.

''Do you need help with anything?'' Tony asked, raising an eyebrow.

''Don't worry; I'll be back soon,'' Bruce said, showing all his teeth with a threatening smile.

He had always wanted to punch his father-in-law, never expecting he'd actually have the opportunity.

Bruce turned around and took a big leap, landing on a building before continuing to leap and returning to the place where he had stopped earlier.

There Ross was already sitting there waiting for him, he didn't run after him because he knew that he would run for his daughter first, he also didn't want to cause panic, he knew that he would come back.

''Bruce, it's not too late. Join me. Isn't your goal to live a peaceful life? If we create an invincible country, you can have that life you want—no more fights or annoyances,'' Ross said when he saw Bruce land in front of him.

''I'm not the same as before. If I want something, I'll fight for it with my own hands. And now... all I want is to give you a beating,'' Bruce growled as he walked toward Ross.

As he walked, faint pulses of green light could be seen on Bruce's body as he grew in size.

Ross grunted in response to Bruce before a lot of steam began to emanate from his body, and he launched himself at Bruce, throwing a punch.

Bruce roared before also punching Ross.

A great shockwave resulted from the impact of their fists as Ross grunted, feeling pain in his fist.

Unfortunately, there was no such thing as a break since Bruce's next punch was coming straight for his face.

Ross couldn't help but get angry too, realizing he wasn't stronger than Bruce, as he originally believed.

His excitement began to increase the heat in his body until flames started dancing on his body.

Ross kept colliding directly with Bruce, making his emotions even more extreme, turn him into a giant completely engulfed in orange flames.

Bruce could feel the pain of being burned but endured it as he continued to hit him.

Their battle had moved several hundred meters while Bruce constantly pushed Ross back.

Bruce landed a strong blow to Ross's abdomen, making him hunch over a bit before Bruce punched him in the face with force.

Ross tried to protect himself with his arms, but his guard was completely broken and Bruce's fist hit him right in the jaw.

After the strong blow, Ross' brain was shaken and he fell to the ground trying to resist.

Bruce didn't waste that moment and jumped onto Ross before starting to hit his face.

His constant blows made the earth tremble as the area where they were sank noticeably.

Ross desperately tried to defend himself with his hands, but the force Bruce could exert in that position was much greater, and his guard was constantly broken, receiving direct blows to the face.

The constant blows and the humiliating situation finally exploded after receiving a direct blow to the face.

His body almost seemed to turn into a bomb when it literally exploded into a large ball of flames, sending Bruce flying several meters.

Ross was totally covered in flames, and even he could feel the suffocating heat, so he quickly ran toward Bruce. 

Bruce emerged from where he fell, his body steaming, and some parts were a bit black.

Seeing Ross coming towards him, he gave a loud roar; his size had already reached 3 and a half meters, significantly dwarfing Ross.

His muscles looked enormous, and when he started running toward Ross, it almost seemed like there was an earthquake wherever he went.

Seeing that giant running towards him, fear began to grow in Ross's heart.

You don't know what it's like to face the emerald giant until you see them running with a furious expression, about to crush everything. Ross almost felt like his transformation had been canceled, and he was just a normal human.

Seeing that it was almost on top of him, Ross gathered the little courage he could before also running toward Bruce, doing his best.

It was like a normal person trying to stop a truck.

Bruce easily threw him off as he grabbed his neck and slammed him to the ground.

The impact created a large crater around them, almost like the fall of a small meteorite.

Still holding him by the neck, Bruce showed no mercy and kept hitting his father-in-law's face as Ross tried desperately to free himself.

Ross's mind spun every time he received a blow from Bruce, blood splattering as his face was ground.

Looking at the wild beast that seemed about to beat him to death, fear finally blossomed fully in Ross.

It was naive of him to think he would be superior to Bruce, after all, he gained his power by injecting a bit of his blood.

Now he confirmed that Bruce was indeed weakened when fighting Blonsky.

Ross's last thoughts finally dissipated when he fell unconscious.

Feeling no more resistance, Bruce stood up and sighed before growling as his size decreased back to his normal transformation of 3 meters.

Looking at the bloodied Ross, Bruce somehow felt satisfied, he hoped it would make him think better when he wanted to mess with him.

Growling very softly and with his sanity almost completely restored, Bruce crouched down before taking a giant leap toward the city.

He noticed that he had almost completely destroyed the landscape around him. As he jumped, he thought about Ross's transformation; it was very strong, stronger than Blonsky.

He will have to be even more careful with his blood from now on, he originally thought Blonsky was an accident.

Bruce really didn't expect that his blood would now become an easy way to gain power, as if the universe couldn't give him a peaceful life.

Upon reaching the city, Bruce was more careful with his jumps and soon landed on top of Stark Tower.

Looking inside, he could see Betty playfully interacting with Tony's daughter.

Bruce smiled slightly at the sight of her; she always had a vibrant and spirited personality that lifted him up.

"Well, buddy, who did you beat up?" Tony joked as he arrived at his side.

"Ross," Bruce replied with a disgruntled voice.

"That old man still bothering you? I thought after Harlem, he lost almost all his power," Tony said, frowning.

"He got my blood and can transform, just like me," Bruce said, looking at Tony.

"What!?" Tony exclaimed.

"He seems to have many enhanced soldiers under his command and told me he plans to become the president. He has illusions of taking this country to the top," Bruce said, shaking his head.

"That's really problematic. We can't do anything until he does something," Tony sighed, realizing that Ross, being a general with enhanced soldiers, wasn't exactly committing a crime.

"He'll cause trouble. I just hope he doesn't go crazy and create a disaster," Bruce said, shaking his head.

"Alright, if he does, we'll stop him," Tony said, smiling slightly.

"Hm," Bruce nodded.

"Shall we go?" Betty, who had noticed Bruce, ran towards him.

"See you," Bruce said, bidding farewell to Tony, Pepper, and Morgan from a distance.

He quickly took Betty in his arms before jumping across the buildings and heading back home.

Upon arriving home, Bruce began to cancel his transformation, making his clothes loose.

"How did it go?" Betty asked as they entered the house.

Seeing that Bruce came home without injuries, she assumed everything had gone well. She subtly asked what had happened with her father, who had completely disappointed her. In the end, he had other motives for inviting them to dinner.

"I fought with your father, and gave him a beating," Bruce joked with a smile.

"Hmph, he deserves it. He practically invited us into a trap," Betty complained.

"I told you," Bruce said with a slight smile.

"You have to have faith in people. He's the last family I have left," Betty said, smiling slightly as she hugged Bruce.

"Now, let's talk about my transformation. How will it be if we're both transformed?" Betty whispered sensually.

"I think we would need a sturdier house," Bruce laughed under his breath, stroking Betty's hair gently, amazed at where she got her ideas from.

....

Hope hummed as she pulled clothes out of her closet, trying to decide what to wear. She had plans to go out with Natasha and see if they could find something nice.

In reality, Natasha was her only friend and the only Avenger she kept in touch with. It wasn't too strange; being the only two women, it was normal that they opened up to each other.

Not to mention that the others were a bit old to have much in common with her.

Finally, she settled on a sleeveless blouse that showed a bit of her abdomen, long pants, and sandals. After dressing, she sat in the living room while checking her phone, waiting for Natasha's call.

"Going somewhere?" Hank raised an eyebrow, seeing his daughter dressed up.

"I'm going out with Natasha," Hope said without looking up.

"Hm, don't do anything crazy," Hank nodded, pleased that his daughter had friends. She had always been a solitary child, focused only on her work.

Suddenly, he thought about the fact that his daughter never seemed to have gone out with anyone.

"Darling, tell me, do you like men?" Hank asked hesitantly.

Hope's thumb, which was scrolling through social media, froze, and her gaze finally left the phone, looking at her father without words.

"I think so," Hope said, getting up and leaving the house, leaving Hank stunned.

"I think?" Hank murmured before shaking his head. As long as his daughter was happy.

Hope left the house with a slight chuckle remembering her father's face, and just then, a convertible stopped in front of her.

''Beauty, do you want to go for a ride?'' Natasha asked jokingly.

Hope laughed before opening the door and getting in, tossing her bag to the back of the car.

Don't you have your daughters to take care of today?" asked Hope as she watched the houses pass by.

"No, my little angels are under Ophelia's care," Natasha said, driving quickly.

Hope just laughed under her breath, still amused by Natasha's relationship with Damian and how they seemed to share even their daughters.

"Well, what are we going to do today?" Hope turned to look at Natasha.

"I don't know, any ideas?" Natasha asked, looking at Hope.

"How about we go to the casino? Let's see who can get more money. The loser donates everything to charity," Hope suggested, looking at Natasha.

"Let me guess, you found a way to cheat," Natasha teased.

"Is the great Black Widow scared?" Hope asked, looking at Natasha.

"You've got a deal," Natasha laughed under her breath, accelerating towards the city's largest casino.

----

Remember that you can support me and see 10 advanced chapters at patreon.com/Fast_Reader

86