Battle Vibes
215 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Cryo, is there a place for Nemona yet?" I asked, and Cryo replied right away.

[Yes. I have already prepared it, and because of your budding relationship, and the things you have done together, she has already gained a tidy sum of Paradise Points. Once you both transfer there, I will instruct her on how she can improve her habitat.]

"It's already made?" Nemona asked excitedly, and I blinked at her.

"You heard all of that?" I asked, and she nodded, making me smile. That was extremely useful.

"Well, take my hand, and close your eyes," I said, offering her my hand.

Nemona looked at me with a curious expression but then grinned and closed her eyes, taking my hand. As soon as she did, the world around us seemed to shift, and when she opened her eyes again, we were standing in a completely different environment.

"Whoa, this is amazing!" Nemona exclaimed, looking around. We were now in a lush, vibrant forest with tall trees, colorful flowers, and a gentle breeze rustling through the leaves.

"This is your own personal paradise," I explained. "Cryo creates these environments based on our desires and preferences. This is only the beginning."

I gestured forward at the mini Pokémon stadium that was up ahead.

"You even have your own stadium!" Nemona exclaimed, walking towards it with excitement. The stadium was surrounded by lush greenery and had a perfect view of the surrounding forest. It looked like a dream arena for Pokémon battles.

"No, you have a stadium. This place is going to become your own personal home and sanctuary while in Prisma. Cryo knows how to cater to everyone's tastes," I chuckled, following Nemona. "Feel free to explore and customize your paradise as you like. Cryo will guide you on how to use the Paradise Points you've earned to enhance your habitat."

The front of the building was an open arch with a cosmic color poke ball at the top of it. It opened up into the center of the stadium, surrounded by steel walls with murals of Pokémon battling.

As we walked through the arch, I stopped Nemona and pointed to a door on the side of the arch. "I think that this leads inside to your living space."

Rather than going to the door, Nemona grabbed me by the hand and pulled me into the center of the arena.

"What's up?" I asked her as she pulled me over to the far side, but then she ran back to the other without saying anything and pulling out one of her Poke balls.

"Let's battle!" She declared, and I crossed my arms.

"I'm not sure if you were paying attention, but all of my Pokémon that can, or want to fight are busy," I said, but Nemona shook her head, and threw her Poke ball in front of me.

A Pawmi burst out, and Nemona grinned. "I want to fight you!"

I put up my hands and backed away. "Woah, Woah, Woah! Where is this coming from?!" I demanded.

"You can use Psybeam, right? You can also catch humans. I think you are as close to a human Pokémon cross as you can get!" Nemona declared, stabbing her finger at me. "That means that you can battle, even without your Pokémon! Pawni! Use tackle on Landon!"

I stumbled back, caught off guard by Nemona's sudden enthusiasm for a battle. Her Pawmi looked at me with a mischievous grin and then charged towards me, ready to execute a tackle.

"Hey, hold on a sec!" I called out, but Nemona was determined.

"No holding back! Let's see what you're made of!" Nemona shouted, and Pawmi continued her charge.

I dove into a roll just before Pawmi reached me, getting back up on my feet to keep moving. I had known Nemona loved battles, but this was not what I had intended!

"Can't we talk about this?!" I yelled, but Nemona just laughed like some crazy person.

"Pawmi! Use Shock!" She commanded, and her Pawmi's cheeks started to spark.

No part of me wanted to know what that was going to feel like! I extended my arm out and pointed my hand like a gun at the Pawmi as I ran. "Psybeam!"

A beam of psychic energy shot out from my extended hand, aimed directly at Pawmi. The two attacks collided, but the shock was instantly overtaken. My Psybeam slammed into the poor Pawmi, and the Pokémon was knocked backward. Instant KO.

"What?! Just what level are you?!" Nemona demanded as she returned her poor Pawmi and I stopped running.

"I am not a Pokémon! I don't have a level!" I complained, but Nemona just put away her Poke ball and pulled out another one. "Hey, are you even listening?!" I demanded.

"Yes, but aren't you curious?" She asked, and I frowned.

"About what?" I asked, and Nemona rolled her eyes.

"About how strong you are?! What if you ever need you use that power, only to find out that it isn't enough?" She asked, and I didn't really have a good answer.

Nemona had a point. While I never really thought about my strength in terms of battling, it was true that understanding the extent of my abilities could be beneficial. I sighed and nodded.

"Okay, fine. But let's not make it too serious. I don't want to accidentally hurt your Pokémon," I said, feeling a bit uneasy about the whole situation.

Nemona grinned, clearly excited about the prospect of this impromptu battle. She threw her second Poké Ball, and this time, a Hatenna appeared. It looked at me with curious eyes, seemingly unaware of the impending battle.

"Alright, Hatenna, let's see what we're up against. Use Confusion!" Nemona commanded, and her Hatenna's eyes glowed with psychic energy as they focused on me.

I took a deep breath, trying to remember the moves of my own Pokémon. "Psybeam, again!"

The two psychic attacks clashed in mid-air, creating a brief spectacle of colorful energy. However, this time, Hatenna managed to hold its ground against my Psybeam. It was clear that Nemona's Pokémon had more experience in battles.

"Good, Hatenna! Now, let's try something else. Use Disarming Voice!" Nemona called out, and Hatenna released a melodic sound wave towards me.

I winced at the sudden attack, but I wasn't about to back down. "Alright, if you want to play it that way. Psybeam, once more!"

This time, my attack missed, but even as I tried to dodge the incoming energy, it followed me. The psychic energy hit me, sending a wave of disorientation through my mind. I stumbled backward, feeling the effects of Hatenna's Disarming Voice.

Nemona grinned triumphantly. "Looks like I've got you on the ropes! Hatenna, finish him with Psybeam!"

My head was still spinning from the previous attack, and I struggled to focus. Hatenna unleashed another Psybeam, and this time, I couldn't evade it. The psychic energy struck me directly, and I fell to the ground, momentarily stunned.

Nemona laughed, recalling her Hatenna. "Well, that was fun! You're not so invincible after all."

"I am not a Pokémon!" I complained feebly from the ground.

5