Gym Battles and Poke Skins
232 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My body healed fast, and soon I was able to sit up again. I never thought that I would be the one to take the place of my Pokémon in battle.

"So, you are about at level 20, since my Hatenna is level 24. That is not bad, but you are really going to have to train more if you want that ability to become stronger," Nemona explained, I nodded, but I wasn't sure how to go about that.

"Saying that is fine, but how do I train? Are you trying to say that I should be going out to fight wild Pokémon?" I asked as Nemona offered me a hand to stand up.

"That is an idea, but I also don't mind fighting with you, but your level is curious," Nemona mused holding her hand to her chin as she thought.

"Why is it curious?" I asked, but Nemona ignored my question and pointed at my chest.

"You should go challenge a gym!" She declared, and I just blinked at her.

"With my Pokémon? Are you sure that is okay?" I asked, and Nemona nodded.

"You need to do this, or your higher level Pokémon won't listen to you. I know them all, so I can help you! We will have to get you a team built, and then get your Pokémon to do some battles!" Nemona exclaimed excitedly.

Somehow we had moved from increasing my level to my Pokémon, but I was fine with that.

[Once you get a gym badge, I can scan it and you will gain experience from that. Your "level" or power level is based on your team's power level, and the system is built to recognize achievements like gym badges. Depending on the level of success you have in a gym, or an event, can give you a chance to get bonus rewards like poke ball skins, rare candies, nature-changing mints, and other things.]

"Woah! You can just earn things like that?! Can I do it as well?!" Nemona asked with excitement, startling me.

I had forgotten that she could hear him as well.

[Unfortunately, no. This is strictly Landon's growth system because of me. You share in the benefits though. Since you have a Poke ball, Landon can apply a skin to it, and give your Pokémon an additional attribute that will augment all of your Pokémon's abilities. It will also grant you an ability, depending on the skin. Landon can also share his other rewards with you and the others.]

"Really? Now that is even better!" Nemona exclaimed, and then she grabbed both my hands with fire in her eyes. "Can we try one?!"

[Please be careful. Once you use one, it cannot be removed without applying another one. When that happens, the previous skin is destroyed. Some skins are more common than others, and have a higher chance of getting duplicates as rewards.]

At this news, Nemona's face fell. "I see, then maybe we should just save them all for Landon's Pokémon," She said, sounding defeated, but I shook my head.

"There are many ways to get them, and I have some quest rewards that I haven't looked at yet," I explained.

The moment I had gotten to Prisma with Nemona I had noticed the notifications, but hadn't opened them. I had just looked at one, and it was for a quest with Nemona from our first battle. This was why Nemona had so much HP, and there were 5 different rewards.

"Really?!" Nemona asked, and then she hugged and kissed me. "I have been a trainer for a while, and Tallia and have been through a lot. I think that this will be the straw that breaks the Camerupt's back with Tallia. If I can show her that not just our Pokémon, but even us can get abilities, there is no way she will say no!"

I laughed and pulled back from Nemona. "Give me a minute to go through everything."

Nemona backs up with a nod, putting her hands behind her back, making her hard not to look at. She was really beautiful, and this pose just made her look even more cute.

Smiling, I opened up my quest list to see what the quest was that I completed and the rewards.

Quests

1.[First Quest completed! Nurse Joy's Injection!]

[Quest Rewards: 50 HP, Rare Storm Star Skin x1, Common White Dress x1, Common White Shoes x1, Common White Bra & Panties x1, Common White Ankle Socks x1.]

2.[Quest completed! Cosmog's Injection!]

[Quest Rewards: 50 HP, Water Poke-Lure x1, Fire Poke-Lure x1, Grass Poke-Lure x1.]

3.[The Quest, 'Pawmi's Playtime!' Is now complete!]

[Quest Rewards: 50 HP, Common Fire Brand Skin x1, Pawmi Paw Print Dress x1, TM 011 Water Pulse x1]

4.[Melt The Ice(incomplete)]

5.[Quest completed! Nemona's First Battle!]

[Quest Rewards: 50 HP, Flying Poke-Lure x1, Electric Poke-Lure x1, Ground Poke-Lure x1, Common Electric Skin x1, Uncommon Ground Skin x1, Rare Dig Quake Skin x1.]

6.[Quest completed! Nemona's Injection!]

[Quest Rewards: 50 HP, Rare Deep Sea Skin x1, Uncommon Red Battle Dress x1, Uncommon Black Battle Shoes x1]

7.[Bonus Quest completed! Nemona's Wake Up Injection!]

[Quest Rewards: 20 HP, Rare Candy x1]

The other rewards were for unlocking Nemona's habitat, and Prisma City, but I didn't get anything for them besides PP for my own abilities. I was interested in that but didn't want to keep Nemona waiting. I could check those things out later.

"Well, I have a few to pick from," I finally said, and Nemona rushed back over with a big smile, making me laugh.

"So, what are they?!" She asked, unable to contain her excitement.

"I have a common electric and fire, and uncommon ground skin. Then there are three rare skins; Deep Sea, Dig Quake, and Fire Star Storm," I explained, but before Nemona could say anything, I put up a hand to stop her. "I want you to pick from one of the rare skins."

"What? Are you sure?" She asked, seeming un unsure, but I smiled.

"The common, and uncommon ones are pretty basic, so I can guess what they will do. Ground will make you tougher, Electric faster, probably, and fire stronger I would assume. While I don't know for sure, I can at least guess. When it comes to the rare ones, I have no clue. Whatever they do, it has to be good, so I figured you would be the best person to try it on," I explained, and Nemona nodded along.

"I guess I can see your reasoning, but you are going to have to give me a minute to think about this," She said, and I nodded.

"Take your time," I said and opened my system again.

5