Chapter 13 – It’s Okay
178 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before I could even think anything, it was too late. A sudden light appeared to my right as I flew back, rolling and tumbling on the ground before getting to my feet.

It all happened so fast, the seconds felt like an eternity.

As my eyes jolted between Halen and the Kangpound, I didn’t have time to think.

Halen had Lisa held in his arms while he was on the ground, shielding her from everything. The Kangpound had stopped banging on its chest and stared towards Halen.

My arms shook, but I didn’t get hit from the blast.

Suddenly, the Kangpound started to move towards Halen and Lisa, and before I could think, I was shouting, “HEY! MONKEY-FUCK!” It felt like my voice louder or even amplified for some reason.

The Kangpound stopped in its tracks and looked towards me with a glare.

Ah…fuck...

It started to charge at me, and I started running without looking back.

Damn it…I should have just ran away…

The only thing I could hear behind me was the sound of footsteps. I ducked and turned everywhere I could, trying to lose line of sight.

As I turned the corner, I heard another explosion. I was running out of breath, but if I stopped, I’d die. I was going to need to do something to get away quick.

“Haah…Shit.” I mumbled as I ran. I couldn’t think of anything, but thankfully I wasn’t panicking.

The sound of the Kangpound’s footsteps got a quieter and quieter the more I turned corners, eventually I headed into an alleyway before I stopped hearing the footsteps completely.

I was heavily panting and out of breath. I felt exhausted.

“Haah…” I sighed before falling to the floor and taking a seat with my back against the wall, “I lived…” I rested my head on my knees and relaxed.

I didn’t get to relax for long though, hearing another explosion in the distance a few seconds later.

“I should just head back to the inn…” I leaned my head back against the wall and looked towards the sky.

I mustered up some strength and stood up, heading to the end of the alley before checking if the Kangpound was there. It wasn’t. After I confirmed it was safe, I headed to the street and started to look around.

“Where am I…?” I mumbled.

I ran pretty far away, I was still in the capital but I had no idea where. There was no way I could retrace my steps either because of how random I turned.

I just started to walk, it was no use standing around.

Eventually, I could start to see some familiar buildings that weren’t destroyed.

“This is Halen’s house, right?” It looked like it, that meant the inn should be just a few minutes away if I ran. I had no idea what happened to Halen or Lisa, after I took the Kangpound’s attention, I just have to assume they got to safety.

I turned around and as I started to head back in the inn’s general direction, I heard a voice come from my right, “Someone’s here?” It was one of three female knights. She had red hair and had the symbol of Plough on her armor.

“Hey, what’re you doing here? It’s dangerous.” Another of the female knights asked, she had blue hair and wore a robe, a magician?

“Looks like he got lost, Rin, send him to the shelter.” The final of the three spoke, a blonde-hair knight who had an unpleasant expression on her face.

“Ah-no, I’m fine, I was heading back home now-” As I tried to speak, the blue-haired magician waved her wand around and spoke, “I’ll send you to the emergency shelter in this area now, you’re lucky you didn’t run into a Kangpound.” She smiled as her wand started to glow.

“Wait-” As I started to speak, my surroundings changed, and I immediately started feeling smooshed. I could hear dozens of people talking, crying, and even shouting.

What the hell?

I maneuvered my way into an open area before getting a good look of things. There were dozens of people crowded together, some of them injured, others fine. Some of them panicked, some of them scared. This was the emergency shelter.

Did that lady teleport me here? I was doing fine though…

I looked around once more before seeing a familiar face, Halen. He was with Lisa, and I presume their families. It seemed like he got here safe, did that lady teleport him too?

As I approached him, he looked up and noticed me. He suddenly had tears in his eyes as he ran to me and hugged me, “Ah! Leo! You’re okay! Thank goodness! I don’t know what I would of told Rio if something had happened to you.”

It was like a bear hug.

“Uh-yeah, I’m fine.” I replied and he let go before leading me to who he was talking to, “This is my wife, Becky, my daughter, Lin, and those two are Barb and Martin, Lisa’s parents.”

That’s a lot of names to remember…

“Hello.” I waved and Barb, Lisa’s mom hugged me, “You’re the one who saved Lisa right!? Thank you, thank you, thank you so much.” I could feel the sincerity in her words.

“Halen did more than me, he’s the one who saved her.”

“I heard you were the one who found her.”

“He did.” Halen said before changing the subject, “But, it’s still not looking good…” He said before looking around, there was still mass confusion and people who were scared. “Leo, do you think you can help?” He asked.

I could easily sing a song, but I think the problem was getting them to hear me. Because of how separated they all were, the only thing I could think of would be going to each of them individually.

I guess that was just something I had to do.

I nodded my head and Halen spoke, “Thank you.”

Those were simple words that I’ve been hearing a lot more often.

I headed towards the first couple of people and caught there attention before starting to sing, “Hold, it’s okay, there’s nothing wrong just laugh and pray~

Those words were ones I didn’t hear often until I transmigrated.

Until the moon lights up the day~

When was the last time I actually heard the words ‘Thank you.’ before then?

Until the clouds fall, and decay~

When I helped that cat down from the tree? No…

Just love and laugh, nothing’s wrong, it’s alright~

When I picked up litter from the beach? No…

Hold on tight until it’s night~

Ah-I remember now. It was the last time I saw my brother…I guess it’s been a while.

Until the planets they collide, you’ll be just fine, you’ll be alright.

As soon as I finished singing to the last person, my eyesight blurred for a second as I stumbled back. My head had started to hurt, and my nose started to bleed again.

“What the hell…?” I mumbled to myself while wiping my nose.

Suddenly I felt a tug at the bottom of my shirt, “Thank you, mister.” It was a little kid, he quickly ran back to his family who smiled and nodded at me before turning away.

I headed back towards Halen before taking a seat next to him with my back against the wall, I felt tired.

“Leo.” Halen spoke before patting me on the back, “Thank you.” He quietly said.

“Mhm…I’m going to take a little nap.” I replied quietly.

“Sweet dreams.”

As I closed my eyes, I heard one last thing before falling asleep.

“Calm down everybody! You may be feeling a little off right now because of some magic, just a second and I’ll calm all of you down! It’ll be okay!” It was a loud, female’s voice, probably a mage.

You’re a bit late…

I fell asleep

I don’t know when, but I woke up some time later. I was on Halen’s back and we were moving.

“Mm…?”

“You’re awake?” Halen asked.

“What’s going on?”

“The knights said that they’ve eradicated all of the monsters and that it was safe to go back out. We just left my house, I was bringing you back to the inn.”

“Ah, I see. Thank you.”

“Of course, we’re almost there.”

It was dark out, I had at least been out for a couple of hours. I don’t know why I suddenly felt so tired, nor did I understand why I had a headache or why my nose bled.

I did feel better now though.

“I’ll walk the rest of the way.” I spoke before jumping off of his back.

“Huh? No-I can carry-”

“It’s fine. You should spend time with your family instead, I know where we are now anyways, it’s just a few buildings down.”

It seemed like most of the rubble was cleaned up, though the destroyed buildings remained. I had no idea how long it would take to fix everything and get it all back to normal, but it shouldn’t be too long because of magic and skills.

“Alright, then I’ll head back now.” Halen said.

“Sure.” I replied before starting to walk.

“Leo, thank you once again. I can’t thank you enough.” When I turned around, he was bowing. I didn’t reply and only continued to move.

After a few minutes, I had reached the inn. Since it was night time, all of the patrons had probably gone home already and the others were probably asleep.

Or so I thought. When I opened the door, I could see Rio sitting alone at a table. When he heard the door open, his head perked up as he looked at me before immediately running towards me.

He wrapped his arms around my body, as he tried to get out his words, “Leo! You’re okay, right?!” He had tears in his eyes.

“Yeah…” I put my hand on his hair before ruffling it, “I’m okay. It’s okay.”

---

5