Arc 3: Unknown Discovery – Chapter 19
73 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"


Arc 3: Unknown Discovery - Chapter 19

"Frankly, I should have foreseen that we wouldn't stumble upon any ordinary, or at the very least mundane, worlds. And here we are, not even at the end of the day, and already we're not getting to enjoy our first beach day to night time." I said to the girls.

"I mean, do you truly believe our group would ever find itself in a mundane world, completely devoid of any supernatural influence whatsoever?" Alma asked, her eyebrow raised as she floated, her breasts nearly brushing against my face.

"Fair point." I grab Alma's breasts, causing her to moan as I push her away. "Cut it out with the seduction, okay? We've got a small issue to handle before we can even think about sex."

"That's right, sex can be done later! Our priority now is to exterminate zombies!" Takamine excitedly shouted, sporting a pink bikini that matched Ruby and Weiss'.

Yeah, Takamine just joined our group 10 minutes ago, expressing eagerness to have a fun time. Apparently, she has been searching to visit a world with zombies ever since her last encounter with one.

Surprisingly, Takamine's fascination with zombies caught me off guard, especially considering her fondness for the role of being a schoolgirl. It made me wonder if she harbored other unique interests as well. Moreover, I couldn't help but imagine the strange hobbies of others. Perhaps they, too, had unexpected passions or quirks waiting to be uncovered.

"Could we change out of these bikinis and to our normal clothing?" Weiss asks every one, but mainly towards Takamine, who insists everyone not change out of their swimsuits, which was the first thing she say upon her sudden visit.

"Is there something wrong with wearing our bikinis, Weiss?" Ruby asked, slapping a zombie's head with a burst of strength, causing it to burst and instantly killing the zombie before it could touch. "I mean, we're not exactly at the beach. But, the weather is a bit hot."

"There wouldn't be anything wrong with them if we weren't exposing so much bare skin for the zombies to sink their teeth into." Weiss retorts, rolling her eyes and scowling slightly as she slices multiple zombies' heads off with a good top spin kick, thanks to her mastery over the Cinderella-based Magic.

"As long as you keep your guard up, you won't have to worry about any zombies touching you, let alone biting you." Shiki said calmly, effortlessly turning a dozen zombies into dust with a single swing of her sword.

"Besides, all of us are powerful. Zombies are easy to take care of." Takamine reassured everyone. "Especially considering how they're just one of the many methods the pantheons have developed since the beginning of creation to spice things up."

"Wait, what? Spice things up?" I ask in disbelief, snapping my fingers to warp the area around the zombies' necks, causing them to twist rapidly until their heads fall off their bodies. "What do you mean by that?"

"Exactly what Takamine meant." Alma giggles, floating a bit higher and teasing the zombies, just out of reach due to a few inches of height difference. "Zombies are a creation of a powerful, bored entity specializing in the life cycle. This sparked a massive trend and ushered in an era of zombies throughout the multiverse. It only subsided and was eventually banned due to the numerous problems it caused for many pantheons. So it's pure luck to find new worlds that naturally produce their own zombie virus by the natives through many unknown methods."

"I see." I sweatdrop, realizing how much chaos and death boredom could cause. Then again, I don't think I've ever been bored enough in my life to resort to such extreme measures, thanks to the crazy voices. Only potentially causing a world war, that's it.

"It's random true fact time!" Ghost appears before everyone as we continue killing zombies, the shout drawing even more of them towards us, which isn't much of a problem. "Did you know that many other pantheons are attempting to replicate The Caretaker/Home's progress in becoming the Caretaker and the Home of their pantheons? Yet, 98% are failing, and the remaining 1% barely measures up, not even reaching 10% of the Caretaker/Home's capabilities here. This only applies to humans, with some innate talents similar to those of The Caretaker/Home here. Yet, 1% had already surpassed The Caretaker/Home in some fields."

With that done, Ghost becomes invisible again, waiting for the next moment to say another random true fact and/or require its assistance for anything else.

"Well, I'm glad to hear that Jin here is better than 99% of the other beings throughout the multiverse." Takamine grins, flicking a zombie's forehead and causing it to burst like a balloon. "By the way, after having some fun in this world for a bit longer, it's time for Ruby and Weiss to start their school life at the high school."

"Wait, the school break is over already? Ghost just informed us about this high school yesterday," I said, feeling disbelief and confusion.

"Different time zone and all that." Takamine replied. "Also, just a heads up. There will be other people like you, Jin, who will tag along with the students."

"Well, isn't that just delightful?" I said sarcastically, causing laughter from Takamine and Alma.

"Don't worry, Jin. You needn't endure it silently. You're permitted to defend yourself, even if it means taking a life when pushed." Takamine said with a smirk. "And should their kin seek vengeance, you can also kill them as well."

Looks like I'll be dealing with these entitled young masters and their entire lineage, from fathers to grandfathers and even ancestors.

"I recall the days when Shiki ended up slaughtering multiple families—over a hundred generations, no less. All because someone desired to claim Shiki for themselves, solely captivated by her beautiful eyes." Alma giggles. "It's amusing how that same trait also caught the attention of the Heaven pantheon, ultimately leading to her joining their ranks and becoming among the top high-status members."

"It wasn't just a hundred generations." Shiki said with a furrowed brow. "It spanned over a thousand. I remember every single one. It became a way to occupy my mind, a distraction to deal with early life problems."

"Well, it seems we're in for some trouble with lustful individuals coming after us due to our sexy bodies. Huh, Weiss?" Ruby smiled, effortlessly killing another zombie with a casual slap. "I bet I can get something good by sacrificing them."

"Honestly, Ruby, it's not those individuals we have to worry about. It's the people similar to Jin that we might have to deal with," Weiss declared. With effortless grace, she flipped a zombie and slammed it onto the ground, then crushed its head beneath her feet. Simultaneously, she activated her Semblance, erasing the blood before it could touch her bare skin.

"And you would be half right, Weiss." Takamine smirked, a flick of her hair. She casually extends her finger and pokes the zombie's forehead, causing it to pop with a grotesque squelch. "It depends on the pantheon they are from. It could be like our Eldritch pantheon; we will always be stronger than most."

"Of course, that depends on the class itself. Eldritch entities are only powerful in specific circumstances. I can't say much, but choose wisely. Pick the wrong class, and you'll either rise to the top or sink to the bottom." Alma grins mischievously. She skillfully evades the zombies' touch, letting others do the killing instead.

"Quick question, but what would happen to Alma, Shiki, and you, Takamine, once I go with Ruby and Weiss to the high school?" I ask Takamine while smashing the zombies to death with the Infinite Treasure Chest.

"We'll stick with you guys; Takamine might have to head back to work." Alma replied, shooting Takamine a playful glance. "I'm betting she snuck out on her lunch break. Am I wrong, Takamine?"

Takamine giggles in response, her expression giving away nothing as she killed another zombie.

"Just a heads up." Shiki warned, her voice carrying a hint of concern. "But you might encounter more individuals associated with the Heaven pantheon and Hell pantheon because of our presence. Well, at least those who are strong enough to do so, while there are those with a high chance of being ignorant fools who aren't strong and want to show off how tough they are."

So... was it the Eastern pantheon, or perhaps the Cultivation pantheon? I can't recall, but what I do know is that I'll likely have to do a lot of killing once high school starts.

"Are we permitted to carry weapons at this high school?" Weiss asked, jumping as she killed two zombies with a split kick, cleanly severing their heads in half. "And when exactly are we expected to attend? How do we get there? Do we need to bring anything along while attending?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't students be allowed to carry weapons? Unless you believe you're strong enough to fight without one?" Takamine raised an eyebrow at Weiss as she shoved a zombie into another, causing both to pop. "You and Ruby will head to the high school tomorrow, well, tomorrow in this world, I mean. A portal will lead you there. You don't really need to bring anything, honestly."

"When she says you don't need to bring anything, what she meant was to bring ANYTHING that could give you an advantage over the other students." Alma added, offering her own advice. Her tone was casual yet firm, emphasizing the importance of preparation.

"Additionally, you should steer clear of consuming anything offered by others until you've mastered how to develop immunity through consumption." Shiki advised, directing her words mainly toward Ruby and Weiss. "Many students met their demise from accepting food offered by others."

"That's okay with me. I'll stick to eating food made by Jin, regardless. I won't touch any school food." Ruby vanished from sight as a zombie lunged towards her, only to meet its death as she reappeared behind it, swiftly striking it with her Suzumebachi twice in the same spot. "Unless there's something crucial in the school's food that students must eat?"

"It's a fifty-fifty chance of getting something beneficial that temporarily boosts you, but there's also a risk of ending up with a severe stomachache that'll keep you on the toilet for hours." Takamine explained. With a clap of her hands, causing the surrounding zombies to pop altogether at the same time. "Let's keep going until I've had my fill of zombie-killing."

"Do I need any additional warnings?" I asked Takamine. "Are there any other concerns besides dealing with students and their helpers?"

"Yeah. If you need to fuck, then do it with either Ruby or Weiss. Both even. I would say Alma and Shiki would work, too, but not with the other pantheons nearby, especially the Heaven pantheon and Hell pantheon. Not all members liked how you had sex with one of their own." Takamine winks at me.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure to drink Jin's milk hourly to prevent him from being too horny." Ruby grins at me. "Weiss will help out too, of course."

I think I remember there was a funny meme about canon Ruby Rose saying how she drinks milk due to her short height.

6