Arc 3: Unknown Discovery – Chapter 9
184 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"


Arc 3: Unknown Discovery - Chapter 9

"So, did you pick out a world for us to go to, Jin?" Ruby asks me, looking very excited.

"Yeah, did you pick out a world for us to go to, Jin?" Shu echoes Ruby's question.

"Calm down, you two. I'm sure Jin will tell us. Right?" Weiss smiles at me.

Both Nyarla and Shouko are looking at me as well.

Shit! I don't know any good worlds to visit! Ugh! I guess I'll just have to improvise and hope for the best.

"Instead of picking a world for us to visit. I'll just open a gap to any world in the multiverse to see what we can get. That way, no one will say I picked unfairly, with only one person in mind." I said to everyone.

I didn't wait for their response as I opened the door, where behind it was a large gap in the shape of the door itself.

"Huh." I blink as the girls look through the gap with me as they surround the door.

On the other side of the rift is literally horror straight out of the mind of H.P. Lovecraft himself. Everything is strange, horrible, and incomprehensible and would drive lesser men mad in a second. Even some strong men would fall if they stayed too long in this world.

The world is shrouded in the eerie and the unknown, where reality itself seems to twist and warp at the edges. In this realm of eldritch horror, ancient, unfathomable entities lurk in the shadows, their presence sending shivers down the spines of those who dare to glimpse them. The sky is a tapestry of swirling, chaotic colors punctuated by stars that seem to flicker and dance in unsettling patterns. Strange, alien landscapes stretch out in every direction, with jagged mountains, twisted forests, and vast, churning seas that teem with bizarre and terrifying creatures.

"Oh, hey. You open to the Eldritch pantheon." Shu said with a touch of disbelief. "Uh, Jin. I don't think Ruby and Weiss should visit this place just yet."

Nyarla slammed the door shut after Shu spoke. Now, her eyes are glowing, showing that the eldritch ego is in control.

"This is not what I wanted to wake up from." Nyarla let out a yawn, then kissed me on the lip for a few seconds before her eyes stopped glowing. "Huh?" She blinked, confused.

"Ruby. Weiss. Are you two fine?" I ask the two, seeing how this is the first time for them and myself to see literally the Eldritch pantheon in physical forms.

I'm fine myself, which I have many guesses as to why that's the case, but it's different for Ruby and Weiss.

"Yes, perfectly, all right. Why, you ask?" Ruby blinked a few times and looked at me strangely as if I had asked a stupid question.

"Ruby, I think the reason why Jin asked is because we just saw something that wasn't supposed to be seen, or at least in our case, something that was supposed to be seen in the distant future and not now. Isn't that right, Jin?" Weiss looks at me with a serious expression.

"Yup." I nod, looking at Ruby and Weiss carefully in case something changes after they've seen the Eldritch pantheon, which I would have never thought of seeing.

"Well, that explains why Nyarla slammed the door." Ruby said quietly.

"Don't worry, Jin. Any member of the Eldritch pantheon won't be affected by seeing one of its physical manifestations." Shouko said in a soft tone.

That causes Weiss and me to sigh in relief.

"Of course, you shouldn't look at it for too long; otherwise, you'll get pulled in." Shu grins at everyone. "But luckily, Aunt Nyarla stops it before it's too late."

"I think I remember that even with this, a lot of other people are still jealous of us because of it." Nyarla wraps her arms around my right arm.

"They do?" Ruby tilted her head, stunned by what Nyarla just said.

"Oh yes, it is because other pantheons do not like to be seen by others, even by their own members, and only a select few are allowed to do so. But only after they've done something to earn the privilege of seeing a physical manifestation of their form." Shu snorts, then grins at the end.

"It's random true fact time!" Ghost appear above Ruby's head. "Did you know that Jin, The Caretaker and The Home of the Eldritch pantheon, has the ability to open a passage that leads to many of the physical and spiritual manifestations of the Eldritch pantheon? Something that only an extremely rare case of certain entities are allowed to do."

And then, Ghost goes back into being invisible.

"What?! You already have a second identity?!" Shut looks at me in shock and confusion, then finally realizes something. "No wonder I felt something strange about you this morning! You literally make everyone in the Eldritch pantheon feel more comfortable and at peace around you!"

"Wait, then why did we all become more horny than usual this morning?" Ruby asks Shu.

"Because we're horny people, and being around someone like Jin would make us feel more free and uninhibited." Shu replied. "But to think that you would become The Home of the Eldritch pantheon. That just makes things more problematic now."

"Why is that?" I look at Shu with one eye while half of my face is buried in Nyarla's breasts.

"Because technically, we never had an entity for that identity. Now that you do, many of the other members of our pantheon will want you to take care of them—more than ever. I don't even want to go back to my job anytime soon. Plus, adding the fact you're The Caretaker makes it even better." Shu looks at me with more affection than before.

"Huh." I didn't expect that. "Alright, let me try again to send us to another world. This time, I wish for ones that aren't a physical manifestation of the Eldritch pantheon."

I pull myself away from Nyarla's breasts, which took some extra effort, and open the door.

On the other side of the gap, we see a back alley with negligible overhead lighting that casts a warm glow. This creates a cozy and intimate atmosphere, especially in the evening.

"Well, so far so good." I stick my head out and see that it's just an ordinary back alley in the middle of the night.

Just to be on the safe side, I spread out En to cover the whole place and much further to gather information in no time. I found out exactly what kind of world this is.

"So, are we going to visit this world, Jin?" Ruby asks me, looking more ready than ever to walk through the door.

"Yup." I walk out the door, being the first to enter the world of Air Gear. It's a classic series I've read in the past. "Come on, I'll take us to a place that should be good to stay for the night."

After ensuring the door to the One Punch Man world is closed, I lead everyone to a place not too far from where we are—just a few minutes walk.

In front of everyone is a traditional Japanese architectural style, with a tiled roof, wooden walls, and sliding doors; it exudes a sense of warmth and comfort, inviting visitors to step inside and experience its hospitality.

I push the button next to the front door and announce our presence at the front door.

"Coming!" A woman shouted inside, and then the door opened, revealing Rika Noyamano, the eldest of the Noyamano sisters and the landlord of this place. "Hello, how can I help you...?" Her eyes went wide when she saw everyone.

"Hello, we're here to stay here indefinitely during our time here in Japan." I give Rika a small smile.

"Oh... Uh, sure. Come in." Rika moves to the side, allowing everyone to enter the building.

Inside the inn, the interior is decorated with traditional Japanese furnishings, such as tatami mats, low tables, and shoji screens.

The main living area has comfortable seating arrangements, such as floor cushions and low sofas, creating a warm atmosphere. And there are others here, looking at us in shock. Mainly at the girls rather than myself; I have many guesses as to why.

"Hello." I greeted the other inhabitants, Rika's three sisters and Ikki, aka the main character of Air Gear. Then I sat down on one of the floor cushions across from Rika while the girls sat down behind me and looked around.

"So, you and your..." Rika's eyes wander at the girls. "Friends wish to stay here?"

"That's right." I nod at Rika. "Will this be enough?" I reach inside my jacket, pull out a large stack of cash, and place it on the table.

"Holy shit! Is that a stack of 10,000 yen?!" Ikki shouted, reaching to grab the stack of 10,000 yen bills.

Unfortunately, Mikan kicked him away before he could even touch the stack.

"Excuse Ikki, he was dropped on his head as a kid." Mikan smiled at me as she quickly dragged Ikki away before he could cause any problems.

"Before I accept the payment-" Rika was about to say something before I cut her off as I began placing more stacks of 10,000 yen notes.

"Yes, we're all in a relationship if that's what you're going to ask. So we'll be staying in a single room, and I hope these extra stacks will cover any noise we might make if the walls aren't soundproof." I smile at Rika, who begins to blush, as do her two sisters behind her.

"Uh... sure." Rika awkwardly took the money, completely forgetting what she was about if we were storm riders. "Ringo, would you mind showing our guests to their rooms?"

"Y-Yeah!" Ringo quickly looked away, not wanting to make eye contact with anyone in my group, as she led us to our room. Then, she swiftly escaped as she didn't want to stick around.

"Well, that's one way to get us a place to stay without having to answer too many unwanted questions." Shu said to everyone as she checked the room.

"So... What now?" Nyarla stares at me.

"Weiss and I kind of have to study." Ruby pulls out a textbook. "We haven't done it today... And I think we forgot to do it yesterday, too."

Weiss has a face of grief and glares at Ruby for bringing this up.

"Ew. Studying." Shu takes a few steps away from Ruby. "Hey, Aunt Nyarla. Shouko. Want to play some video games with me?" She takes out a couple of handheld consoles from between her breasts.

"Sure!" Nyarla's eyes lit up. "It has been a while since I played any video games."

Shouko nods silently and seems to be more excited than Nyarla.

Well, crazy voices. Air Gear may not be the most exciting world, but it's going to be wild when the girls try out the Air Treks, motorized inline skates equipped with advanced technology that allows users to ride them at high speeds and perform incredible stunts.

Sure, pretty much all the girls could move faster than any Air Treks, even the most powerful ones near the end of the series. But, who knows, maybe they might take a liking to it. Better yet, I could even just use one of my cheats to make them Air Treks, which is impossible to make in Air Gear.

6