Chapter A03 – New Computer
1.2k 11 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the bath, Rimu went straight to the bedroom listlessly.

"Ugh, what a terrible experience..."

It took Rimu a while to explain that the photo she was selling wasn't anything indecent.

The photos are just normal photos that are basically safe to distribute and are not his changing clothes or nude photos. Otherwise, the teachers would immediately stopped this and punish her.

Although Riku wasn't really convinced from her explanation, but he still let go of his hand.

However, what Rimu said wasn't everything.

'Fortunately, not everything has been found out.'

Rimu let out an evil grin.

The fact that selling the photo was not Rimu's act alone, but a secret collaboration with the Dark Merchant, Kousaka Kouta!

As for the details of their collaboration, Rimu is in charge of taking Riku's photos, especially when he is sleeping or exercising, and Kouta is in charge of selling the photos. Each photo sells for ¥500 and they divide the profits equally by half.

'I have to tell Kouta about this so he can take the necessary precautions.'

Rimu took out her smartphone from her desk and simply typed "Pattern B" in the LINE app and sent it to Kouta.

With this pre-agreed secret code, Kouta will contact all photo buyers not to show or bring certain photos at school, especially photos taken at Nekomiya's house. This was so that Riku wouldn't increase his vigilance at home and make it harder for Rimu to take photos.

After she done with that, she put her smartphone away and sat on her favorite rotating chair.

"Alright, let's get to work again until dinner time."

She turned on the new high-spec computer in front of her that was purchased not too long ago.

Thanks to Gururu's advance money and the profit from selling Riku's photos, her funds were quite large and it was more than enough to buy a better computer instead of a Raspberry computer.

Even so, that does not mean Rimu lost her frugal nature and bought an expensive computer.

She searched the internet for ways to get a high-spec PC as cheaply as possible. Then she found a Youtube video that provides a tutorial on assembling own computer and the estimated cost was far more cheaper than buying a full set computer directly. After that, she purchased the computer parts individually and assembled it according to the tutorial step by step.

And the result was the computer in front of her.

"The cheapest gaming PC is about ¥67000, while the total costs of an assembled PC with the same spec is about ¥28000.
Well, it's still 2018 right now. No need to waste money to buy a PC with current specifications."

Rimu knew very well that technology was developing very fast over the next 15 years.

The spec of today's computers will be obsolete only a few years later. Therefore, she feels that buying a PC with too high specifications today is just a waste, because there will be better ones a few years later.

For Rimu, as long as the PC can help her draw artwork easier, that's more than enough.

The self-assembled PC booted very smoothly and shortly after, the Ubuntu desktop appeared. She didn't bother buying a license for a commercial OS like Windows and just installed an open source OS Ubuntu. As for the reason why Rimu chose to install Ubuntu over the widely used Windows, actually wasn't for any deep reasons.

She was simply just stingy and prefer to save money as much as possible!

— If there is a way to obtain things freely and without risk, why bother spending money?

Then, Rimu clicked on one of the icon on the desktop, and the familiar GIMP splash screen showed up. The process was smoother and faster than before, when she was still using the Raspberry computer.

This is understandable, because the Youtube video tutorials that Rimu watched have shown the most optimal configurations for cheap gaming computers and she followed the instructions faithfully. Despite the budgeted version, but a computer with gaming specs is not a potato computer.

With this newly high-spec gaming computer, Rimu's efficiency in drawing artwork has greatly increased.

"Today, I'll finish the previous character draft so that Gururu will stop pestering me for a while."

Since Rimu had already received money from Gururu, she naturally had the obligation to finish the work. She then took out her Pen Tablet from the drawer, connected it into the computer, and started scribbling.

And so until dinner, Rimu focused on drawing in front of her desk.

41