Chapter A05 – Mistaken Lyrics
971 7 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Riku went upstairs to call Rimu for dinner, Rimu was still busy with her drawing.

She was engrossed with her Pen Tablet on her chair while humming an unknown song, not noticing Riku's presence at the door. Riku who was planning to call her suddenly stopped in his steps.

"Circled in the strife of an empirean katastrophiii
Whorls of ire fan infernal flee~ms, on high!
Fire in the night, a skarlet bacon in the skaii~
Look up the heavens, the firmament reddens
Throw open your wings and flaaii~!"
—FF16 OST 026 - "Away" (Phoenix vs Ifrit)

To be honest, Rimu's singing ability isn't that great as there are some parts of the song that are out of tune. The lyrics seem to be in English, but some parts of the lyrics contain words with unclear meanings.

However, that didn't dampen Riku's curiosity and made him continue to listen.

'What song is this? I don't seem to recognize the lyrics.'

It's natural that Riku doesn't recognize the lyrics, because the song comes from the soundtrack of a certain game that will be released in the future. At that time, songs with foreign or unknown language lyrics were very popular and many composers began to incorporate these styles into their songs.

The original song could be called a masterpiece, but unfortunately when sung by Rimu's loli voice, it sounded silly. In addition, her memory of the song was unreliable and there were many errors in the tune. She can't fix those mistakes since the original song doesn't even exist yet.

Perhaps Rimu herself also realized that fact and changed her song.

"Saa~! Ima koso oshi-ri da-se! (C'mon~! Get your butt out now!)
Shizuka na i-ba-sho e! (Let's go to a quiet place!)
Osoreru mono nan-te, nanimo nai~! " (What are you afraid of, there is none!)
—Digimon Tamers ED1 mistaken lyrics.  

The lyrics of the new song that Rimu sang left Riku completely speechless.

As he recalled, this song was supposed to be the first ending theme of a certain old anime series which had been replayed on TV some time ago. Except, the lyrics seem a bit somewhat wrong.

The lyrics are supposed to be about a passionate adventure to an unknown place, but Rimu turned it into about a gay inviting his victim to a quiet place and doing some indescribable deeds.

And then the second song...

"Kimi ga i-ma, boku ni sasarete... (You are now, stabbed by me...)
Boku ga i-ma, kimi ni sasareru~! (I am now, stabbed by you!)
Dakara ma-yo-i, nagara mo tomo ni, ikite ikou yo... (So let's wander and live together...)
Anoyo e to~! "
(In the afterlife!)
—Hikaru no Go OP1 mistaken lyrics.  

This turn, it's a song of a yandere couple with obsessive love disorder, committing double suicide.

He didn't need to comment on the original lyrics, but the modified lyrics sung by Rimu were extremely toxic. Most likely after this, he wouldn't be able to hear those anime songs the same way again.

'It must be Kouta who taught her another strange things!'

Riku sighed with an indescribable feeling.

From her daily acquaintances who could possibly gives her bad influence, only Kouta fits that condition. To think that Kouta was not only profiting by selling Riku's photos, but he was also polluting Rimu's innocent(?) mind...

Otherwise, how could she sing such crooked lyrics?

'I'll have a word with him later.'

Riku clenched his fist, thinking about future plans.

He still haven't settled the thing about them selling his photos without permission. Since it was his photo, it meant he had the right to claim some of their profits. Of course, rather than claiming it from Rimu, he intended to claim it from Kouta.

As for Rimu, naturally he favored his twin sister over the strangers. On top of that, they also had the unwritten rule of equality that made them shared their possession, so it doesn't make sense to rob from her.

 
The unwritten rule #1: Equality.
 
 • Your possession is mine. My possession is yours.1The hidden meaning: Chapter 44
 • If one side got something, other side must got the same thing (or same value).
 

But that's for later. Right now, he had to call his sister for dinner.

"Rimu, dinner is ready."

"Ah, it's already that late? Okay, give me a minute."

Rimu who was called, immediately stopped her humming.

'All that left is just the details, but I think this is already good enough to send.'

She quickly saved the drawing and put down her tablet before following Riku into the dining room. The file itself was stored in a shared folder that was synced with Gururu's computer, so she didn't have to worry about the rest.

In the dining room, their parents were already waiting for them.

"What's taking you so long, O beloved offspring of mine? Tonight's feast has been started!" (Seigo)

"I'm sorry Dad, I was too engrossed with my drawing and forgot the time." (Rimu)

"I see! I see! There seems to be some time disturbance in your room, causing you two to be late for this feast..." (Seigo)

Seigo folded his arms and nodded in understanding.

Well, the twins had gotten used to their father's antics and mostly ignored them by now. As for their mother, Mikoto, she just smiled as usual, and told the twins to sit down.

"Oh my! Hurry up and sit down before the dishes got cold." (Mikoto)

"Ye~s!" ×2

They sat down in their seat and picked up their bowls.

 

Well, my real life got very busy again...

37