Chapter 21
6k 17 204
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Papa"

"Huh?"

I stood there for a minute, not knowing what to do before pushing her a little bit. As I did that, I could see her fully. She is shorter than me by a few centimeters. She has blue hair and golden eyes, a signature eye color of a homunculus.

I can feel a lot of mana coming from her, and she is still absorbing a lot of mana from her surroundings.

"No. Papa."

She is not pouting after I push her away from my embrace. Bloody hell. Her puppy eyes are so powerful. I can feel my heart crying for making her like this. Is that a tear? What kind of Homunculus have you made, you fucking mad alchemist

"What can you tell me about yourself?"

"Hmmm?"

She tilted her head in confusion before saying.

"Papa."

I waited for her to say more, but she did not say more. I can only sigh and rub my forehead.

"Alright. I don't think I can toss you away like a garbage, you are a living being after all. If you want to stay here, I need to name you."

"Name!"

She perks up a little at the mention of a name.

"I shall call you Sonia."

"Sonia?"

"Yes. That is your name."

"Sonia, thank you, papa."

"Oh! You say more than one word at the time!"

"Hmmm? Sonia doesn't understand."

"You will in the future."

"En!"

I smile at her and give her a head pat. She learns really fast. In a day or two, she should be able to speak normally and maybe learn a lot of things, just like an AI, which can grow from the thing it eats.

I just need to make sure she did not learn something bad. Lucky for me, there is no internet in this world. If she existed in my previous world… I don't want to talk about it. There is a reason why AI needs to be monitored closely in my previous life.

There were three rogue AIs in my previous life. Lucky for the government, it didn't have enough time to make itself a body, or there will be a mass murderer running around the world that can infect computers at will and, for some reason, send BDSM porn to its target.

My previous world had a weird Rogue AI.

~Four days later~

"Take the one on the right!"

"Yes, papa!"

*BOOM*

An explosion is happening as Sonia punches the monster to the ground with her fist. She is powerful, and as Homunculus, she has perfect control over her mana so she can reinforce her entire body to boost her physical attack.

After killing the last worm monster, I say.

"Good work, everyone! Sadly, we will not rest for now. There is a village not too far away from here and we need to check them."

"Yes, sir!"

I smile proudly at my men as we continue to march forward. It has been four days since Sonia joined our group, and the others have taken it well. Some questions need to be answered, but overall, they are chill and accept the situation as if it was an everyday occurrence.

Anyway, we continue our journey. After exploring the southern part of the territory, we go to the northeast of the southern territory. We need to go to another frontier area where two barons guard.

Other than the Gokuya kingdom, which keeps expanding, there is another kingdom that borders the Gipan Kingdom called the Luzia kingdom. While they are not an ally to this kingdom, they are at least neutral because of the threat of the Gokuya kingdom, which gets closer and closer to their border.

We walked for a few minutes before arriving in front of a village. However, I can see half of the village is destroyed.

"Search the entire village! Search if there is a survivor!"

"Yes, sir!"

While my companion searches for any survivors, I walk to the middle of the village and activate one of my spells.

"[Summon: Eye of the Forest]! [Detect Mana]!"

Ten fireflies appear above me, and I mentally order them to search for survivors. Eye of the Forest is a scouting skill that lets me scout the area half a kilometer around me using these fireflies. They will send a mental notification to me when they see anything I order.

While I don't think [Detect Mana] will work, I get feedback. I can feel a small amount of mana coming from underground.

"Check that place! There must be some kind of hidden door!"

"Yes, young master!"

Sonia and seven people started searching the area I told them about and found some kind of handle. They quickly open the hidden door and find an underground bunker behind it. I can see a lot of people hugging each other, afraid.

I quickly walk forward and say.

"My name is Gwindolyn Cunningham. You are now safe."

After I said that, I could see people start crying, and some even offered a prayer to me. I smile at them and say.

"Come on. There is nothing to worry about. The monster has already been taken care of and we will help you."

One of the mothers ran toward me and hugged me while thanking me. I lead them all out of the bunker and see there are at least a hundred of them. Just how big is the bunker? I know that the frontier village and town need to build a safety bunker underneath their village, but I never thought it was this big. I never once get inside the bunker.

When we get out of the bunker, I quickly order my men.

"Quickly take out the tent! We need an emergency healing station now!"

Other than teaching them how to fight, I also teach them basic medicinal procedures. While they cannot call themselves doctors or healers, they can cure a basic injury and other things. They can even brew a basic healing potion from Second Life.

While the other is making a tent, I take out my staff and stab them on the ground.

"[Create Sanctuary]"

A massive tree appears in the middle of the village. At the bottom of the tree, there is a massive door leading them inside the tree. This tree can be used as a mobile base for some events requiring a large number of players.

"Take the other to rest inside the [Sanctuary] and the one who is injured stays here for a moment."

When the tent is finished, my men and I quickly start to work. Out of a hundred and twenty people, forty of them are injured. Three of them are on the brink of death. If we arrive ten minutes later, they will be dead by now.

Among the dying is the village chief.

"Thank you for rescuing us, young master."

"Please call me Gwyn, chief. I'm not a young master of the Cunningham family at the moment. I'm just a servant of the people at the moment."

I can see the village chief shaking his head and saying.

"No, young master. To us, you are our savior and that title is something you deserve."

"But I don't do anything. We did not even help you defeat the monster that razed your village to the ground."

"Yes, that is true. However, you rescue us. You heal us and give us temporary homes. Not only that, but you also kill all the monsters around us. It was bad luck that a rogue monster appeared in our village."

"Speaking of monsters, what kind of monsters do this?"

"It was a pack of Goblins, young master."

"Goblins, huh? We have not encountered any Goblins lately."

"That is because they are making a nest near this village. Really? Have you sent a letter to my lord father?"

"We already sent a letter, young master. Last night, after we knew the location of their nest, we quickly sent a letter to Lord Cunningham."

"I see. That means your letter just arrived or my father just ordered a group of knights to move."

"That's right, young master."

I nod my head and say.

"We will take care of it later. For now, we will build you a new home."

"You don't need to do it, young master. We can do it ourselve."

"Don't worry about it. We will rebuild all the houses."

"At least let us help you!"

I sigh a little and say.

"Very well. We will start rebuilding tomorrow. For now, help us cook some food."

"Yes! Alright, guys! Let's cook our best food!"

Wait! Where are these people coming from?!



|Alexander Cunningham - Lord of the Cunningham Family|

I read the letter once more and put them away.

"Hmmm? What letter is that that makes you smile like that?"

I look at my dear wife and say.

"It is about Gwyn."

"Oh?"

"It is all the reports from the people he and his companion help on their journey."

"Oh! Tell me more."

"In the past month, he and his companion have helped more than a dozen villages and defeated more than a thousand monsters."

"Oh~ As expected from my son."

"Not only that, but he also teaches his men basic medical stuff. Some of his men can even be considered potion apprentices. That means they can brew a basic and mid-class potion."

"Oh! That means they can join the medic corps!"

"That's right. After their duty, they will be rewarded with a lot of money but with their new knowledge, their future is bright."

Medic corps is something very valuable in the south. They are one of the most well-paid jobs with constant injury from all the monsters and a threat of invasion. Not only that, but they also did not go to the frontline often. The only time they go to the frontline is when many people are trapped in the frontline and cannot move because of their injuries.

"Anything else? What about Gwyn?! Has he met a beautiful woman on his duty?"

"Hmmm? There is nothing about the woman he fancy but there is something regarding a young woman."

"Oh! Tell me!"

"Well, there is news saying he has a daughter."

"What?"

"Gwyn will bring a daughter when he finishes his duty."

I look up and shudder a little. I can see my wife look at me with a smile so sweet I know it was poison. I don't know how but I can see a pitch-black aura coming out of her body.

"Ohhh~ Tell me more~"



13.2k words / 15k words

Hey, I have Patreon, where you can read my other works or go to my Paypal to encourage me to write this novel more! For every $2, I will write 1k words chapter, and for every $1, I will add 500 words more. I will try to write as fast as possible and then post it immediately. I will not force anyone to donate, as you spending your time reading my fic is enough for me. Have a good day!

204