Chapter 50
2.2k 7 95
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I don't like it here."

I nod at Jullian's words as we walk through the road to the palace. This place is too bright and too fake for my taste.

Eagle's Talon, the capital city of the Gipan Kingdom, is where many merchants stay when they want to go to the southern continent—the biggest trade city in the entire southern continent and one of the richest cities in the world.

The air around here gives me a chill down my back. It is like there is something wrong with this place. The natural energy did not want to get inside. It is as if they did not even want to touch this city.

My [Astrologian] class also screams at me to cast cleansing magic to purify whatever is underneath this city. If this is a small village, I will do that, but because this is the capital city, the most guarded place in the Gipan Kingdom, I can't do that.

"Same, Jullian. Me too. This place makes me shiver a little."

"Hah! Does the barbarian cannot handle the glamor of the big city?"

I look to the side and see a young man with green hair and eyes. He is fat. He is so round that the number zero is a good description of him. He is flanked by two knights wearing fancy armor. I can smell trouble coming from him, and I don't have enough patience to get involved with this man.

I hold Jullian back and say.

"Ignore him, Jullian. The longer we are here, the more I want to kill someone. Let's get this feast done, and we can return home."

I can see Jullian glare at the fat boy one last time and nod. We walk away from the fat boy who starts screaming at us. I sigh when I hear him ordering his knight to kill us. I look at Jullian as the sound of footsteps gets closer.

"Dodge only. We don't want to cause trouble in this place."

"Yes, young master."

After saying that, we both turn around and start to dodge all the knight's attacks. I know it. They are too weak to bear the title of Knight. Their foundation is weak, and a single kick will make them fall to the ground. Not only that, but they are also too slow. Even the weakest men in the original Fenrir can beat them.

I glance to the side and wonder when the man who keeps an eye on us will interfere. I no longer think I can hold Jullian from punching the moron in front of us. I can see the vein on his head start to pulsate. I really need to make him go to therapy about his anger issue with anyone who insults me and my family. Is there even therapy in this world?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Catharina von Xenotra - Heiress of Baron Xenotra|

I wince a little when I see who is the one gathering these groups of people. I can see the First Villain and his right-hand man, the Mad Swordsman, dodging all the attacks from the knights. What makes matters worse is that they look bored, while the two knights look like they are fighting for their lives.

Just what kind of training do they get? They look bored, and I feel that if they want to, they can easily defeat the two knights.

"What are you?! Just die already! Kill them! Kill them! Kill them!"

Right, the culprit. I look at a round young man throwing a tantrum when he does not see blood. I am about to stop this farce, but before I can even do anything, a beautiful woman walks between the so-called fight with her guard standing beside her.

I know this young woman. According to the official vote, she is the third-best character, and I agree. Hell, I will even put her in second place if I can. She is the third princess of the Gipan Kingdom.

She has short light brown hair and light brown hair. She is wearing a white dress that I know she would not like to wear if her personality is still the same. She is Bernadette Cecilia Niel Gipan, the Wind Mistress and the Future Leader of the Knight of Royal Order.

"Stop this right now."

Her voice is not loud, but I know many people can hear it. This is Bernadette or Benne for the people close to her, her voice might not be loud, but it is firm and stern that it has the same effect as the one with a loud voice.

I can see the fat boy's face change color. Previously it had the same color as tomatoes, but now it is as pale as a corpse.

"M-My Princess! It is their fault! The barbarian tried to kill me! My knights only defend me! You have to believe me! I'm the son of Marquis! I will never lie!"

Oof. Wrong choices of words. Benne hates the people who use their status as noble to get out of trouble.

"Oh? Really? Because I saw and heard different things. I have watched you and your knights from the very beginning. I saw how you decided to insult them, the honored guest of this feast, and when they did not say anything, you decided to send your knights. Although I need to see if they deserve their title with their previous performance."

I hold a snicker from getting out of my mouth when I see the two knights get even paler than before. Getting their title as a knight revoked will damage their image. If they are from a commoner family, he and his family will return to commoner status. If he is the son of a noble? His family has a high chance of disowning him.

Failing the test to become a knight is better than losing one.

I can see the princess look at Gwyndolin and Jullian for a few seconds and smile. After smiling at the duo, she looks at her guard and says.

"Arrest this young man. He disturbed the peace of the capital and even attacked the honored guest of his majesty."

At her word, five other people appear next to her. Damn. I almost forgot them. They are called Shadow Guardians; they are the ones who protect the royal family from shadows. They first appear when the player cannot hold the march of the Southern Army, and they manage to get into the capital.

In the Middle of the Second Arc, they will get butchered by order of the Last Boss. One of the Main missions is to gather the retired members of the Shadow Guardian to teach the players and their retinue how to survive in the wilderness and fight in the shadow.

"Release me! Don't you know who I am?! I'm the son of Marquis! I can make my father take your head! Princess! Princess! You don't want to do this! My father can make your life harder!"

Oohhh. That is another bad word. I shudder a little when I feel a cold wind pass me. That cold wind is coming from the guard standing next to Benne. Yeah, you don't want to mess with him. He is one of the strongest fighters in the entire game. You can only get him as one of your army commanders in the late game.

I can see Benne sigh tiredly and look at Gwyndolin with a smile.

"Welcome to Eagle's Talon, Heir Cunningham. My name is Bernadette Cecilia Niel Gipan, the third princess of this kingdom. It is an honor to meet a great warrior like you."

95