Chapter 2 – Unexpected Revelation
798 3 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"...what do you mean? …excuse my ignorance, big brother. But I have no idea what you are talking about. Is this perhaps a new joke used by humans in this era…?"

Once Cid heard the 'by humans' last boss-like words coming from Anos's mouth, he nodded understandingly and then looked at Anos with a compassionate expression on his face. Which made his little brother even more confused.

Nonetheless, Anos quickly recovered and shook his head a bit before he turned back to his parents.

"Humu."

He was about to ask them for something but then decided against it when he saw the dumb faces they have. It seems they are still having a hard time accepting what just happened. It will be best to leave them alone for a bit else they will have a heart attack or do something unexpected.

It was then that Anos picked the presence of another person in the room. He looked towards the silent maid that was aggressively writing something in a notebook with a crazed look in her eyes. She was rapidly alternating between writing in her notebook then looking at Cid then to him before going back to writing over and over again. Occasionally sputtering some random words that made no sense to him.

Anos blinked blankly before he turned back to his big brother who was for some reason still nodding to himself and smiling disturbingly at him.

"Umu, it seems that I will have to look for the closest library myself."

Once he said those words, Anos just ignored everyone around him and casually went straight to the door of the room.

However, Cid who was still grabbing at his shoulder with inhuman strength was also dragged with him. This resulted in a ridiculous scene where Anos, who was smaller, was dragging the much taller Cid who somehow still had his posture fixed as his shoes slid comically along the smooth carpet.

Only after Anos reached the door and opened it did Cid finally release him. Anos was thankful for that, as he was almost about to slap his hand away. He'd rather not end their brotherly relationship before it even started.

"Have a good day. Big brother."

Anos politely said those words to Cid before he quickly closed the door. Then he immediately turned left and walked along the decorated corridor.

"Humu, what a peculiar family."

While Anos was looking for a library in the building, many servants saw the unknown child walking throughout the mansion and all of them had question marks floating above their heads.

"Hey, look."

"Who is that?"

"Should I question the brat?"

"Shhh! Do you want to be executed?!"

Though, no one dared to approach him because of the confident gait and elegant clothes he was wearing. They were all afraid to be accused of offending the son of some powerful noble.

Some brave ones wanted to question him at first but then all it took was a single look from his tyrannical gaze for them to cower and promptly go back to their work.

Anos toured the whole mansion as if he owned the place before he finally stopped at what he assumed to be a library. He could see many bookshelves behind the door through the glass window to the side.

*click*

Anos turned the doorknob but it seems that the door is locked.

"Hmm? it doesn't even have Dejit?"

Anos was surprised that the door doesn't have any spell that locks gates and doors, allowing just authorized people to enter. Instead, it only has a mundane mechanical lock that can be broken with simple physical strength.

Either the people of this era aren't able to use it or the content of this library is so unimportant that it doesn't even require such standard measures.

Now that he thinks about it, his family was extremely shocked by the growth magic 'Kurst' that he used to age his own body.

Kurst was a well-known magic spell commonly used during reincarnation to quickly attain a useful body. It was something even the lowest and lowest citizens of all races know about. There was no end to stories about lucky poor households who suddenly rise to power because of having one or multiple reincarnated children.

So how come this family of obvious aristocratic background acted as if they had either never seen or actually never heard of such basic Life Magic before?

Anos frowned and cast a spell to unlock the door.

"Dee"

When he uttered that one word, a magic circle appeared in front of the lock as the doorknob turned on itself and the door was pushed open by an invisible force. Just in case they used something like 'Najila', A spell that conceals any and all traces of magic. Anos used another highly advanced spell to detect any and all such tricks.

"..."

There was no response.

Anos's frown deepened as he immediately entered the grand library. The door automatically closed behind him as he used yet another spell.

"I Gneas"

Thousands upon thousands of glowing hands appeared out of nowhere and each pair of them grabbed a single book then all of them started rapidly turning the pages at the same time.

The sounds of countless pages turning were deafening, standing in the middle of all the chaos was Anos with glowing eyes as an unimaginable amount of information was directly transferred to his brain.

Magic Eyes of Transcription, This Magic Eye has the ability to copy any magic with a single glance. It can also be used like this to absorb huge amounts of information in a very short time.

Massive knowledge about this era's vast history, shocking geology, subpar science, unknown astrology, laughable mathematics, pitiful magic studies, stone age soul understanding, non-existent source…

The more Anos read everything around him, the more he felt something was incredibly wrong.

It didn't take long for him to understand his situation. Or lack thereof.

"Fumu. Where am I?"

Said a confused Demon Lord.


Back in the bedroom, The trio of the Kagenō family was still inside even after Anos has long since left it. Mr. Kagenō and Mrs. Kagenou were holding each other hands tightly with swirls in their eyes.

"H-Honey, our baby. D-Did you see it? He already became big s-so fast…"

"Y-Yeah… Hmph, a-as to be expected o-of a Kagenō!"

"Honey, our ba—"

""Ye–"

The two were barely able to keep their sanity as they just kept repeating those same words like a mantra while a smiling Cid was leaning against the wall and thinking God knows what.

Beta who seemed like the only normal one in the room despite disguising herself as a maid finally put her notebook back in her pocket. She looked expectantly at Cid as if asking for permission to do something.

Cid noticed her gaze and he nodded mysteriously at her.

"!"

Beta's expression brightened like a child who just received candy and she nodded respectfully to him before slowly opening the door and then silently leaving the room. Once she carefully closed the door behind her, Beta turned around and went to a servant who was standing nearby.

"You there, did you see a boy with black hair?"

When the male servant heard her question, he was startled and scratched his head.

"Umm, you mean Cid-sama? I thought he was in the room with you. I just arrived here, so I don't know where he is."

"No, not him. It's another boy that has red eyes with big black rings around the irises. He is about… this tall."

Beta explained as she used her right hand to specify the height of Anos after he transformed his body with some unknown means.

"..."

When she saw the servant shaking his head in denial, she sighed and was about to move away before another maid suddenly grabbed the hem of her dress.

"U-Umm, I think I saw someone like that."

"Really!"

Beta beamed as she pressured the maid to tell her where he is. The anxious maid told her that he was last seen in front of the locked library and that there were scary noises coming from there. And that all the servants were afraid to enter without permission. After all, only the direct heirs of the Kagenō family were allowed into it.

Beta didn't waste any time and walked briskly towards the library. There was an excited expression on her face. She can't wait to meet and interact with Shadow-sama's little brother.

Who is he? How can he talk despite being a newborn? How did he transform without a slime suit? Was that some kind of magic?! Is he like Shadow-sama?! How strong is he?! She has so many questions like these without any answers that she felt her entire head turn blank.


Inside the library, Anos was sitting in the window frame as his crimson eyes scanned the landscape outside with a deep expression on his face. He looked at the many humans below moving around and happily going about their lives without a care in the world. It was a surreal experience for him.

Normally, the mere mention of his name would strike absolute terror into humans and they would all run away like headless chickens.

Yet here they are. Completely oblivious to him. He was the Demon King of Tyranny. The first and most powerful demon king who ruled the Infernal Realm. He took as many human lives as there are stars in the sky. He killed as many Gods as there are sands in the ocean.

*knock* *knock*

"..."

Anos's attention was drawn to the knocking sound coming from the door. With a simple snap of his fingers, all the glowing hands instantly returned the countless books to the bookshelves and immediately disappeared. Just in time as a maid opened the door with a light 'Excuse me.' and then stealthy entered the library. Anos looked at the maid who elegantly walked to his location before she respectfully bowed to him.

"Anos-sama, I presume?"

"Humu, and who are you–?"

As Anos was talking, he stopped when he saw the maid's body start shifting into a slime-like substance before she suddenly transformed into another person.

What stood before him now was a beautiful young voluptuous Elf with blue pupils and shoulder-length silver hair with a left braid behind her ear, as well as a mole underneath the corner of her eye on the same side. Her maid dress was also gone as her outfit now consists of a low-cut dark suit that exposes her cleavage with golden decorations around her chest, shoulder, arms, and waist.

Anos was unfazed as if he already know that she was disguising herself.

"Hoo. An elf? How rare."

As he muttered that in a low voice, the Elf woman introduced herself with a slight bow towards him.

"My name is Beta. It is an honor to meet you, Anos-sama."

When Anos saw her formal greeting, it seems he misunderstood something as he also formally stood up from the window frame and arrogantly crossed his arms.

"Umu. I didn't expect to be found out so fast. So you already know."

Anos said that as his crimson eyes focused heavily on Beta who suddenly found herself blushing a bit.

"Y-Yes. If it's Shadow-sama's younger brother then–"

Beta was stuttering embarrassed while trying to avoid direct eye contact with Anos' intense eyes before she suddenly froze when she heard his next words.

"I guess as expected of my descendants. It is extremely undulated and very…"

"What–"

"A really tiny amount. Almost non-existent. Yet… you certainly had my blood flowing in your body."

"?!"

At that moment, Beta felt her entire world shatter as if someone suddenly splashed a massive bucket of freezing cold ice water into her body. She took a step back involuntarily as she asked alarmed.

"B-Blood? …W-What blood?"

Beta felt a terrible shiver travel her spine as Anos' shocking words reached her elven ears.

"Hmm? Of course, I'm talking about my blood. You know, demon blood."

Suddenly, Beta found it very hard to breathe as she unconsciously took another step back. She looked fearfully at Anos who was studying her with those terrifying glowing eyes.

"I-I don't know what y-you are talking about!"

Beta's blue pupils trembled as she also started breathing heavily. She clutched her chest in pain while her beautiful face turned so pale as if she was seeing a ghost.

Anos noticed the strange reaction from the hybrid demon in front of him and he tilted his head to the side as he continued in an innocent tone. He said something that was the most outrageous and the scariest thing Beta ever heard in her entire life.

"Aren't you a distant descendant of one of the seven demons I created using my own blood 2,000 years ago?"

They were horrifying words that would definitely hunt her to her grave.

36