2. Reincarnation
150 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reincarnation wasn't the same for everyone.

Souls often got lost on their way to an afterlife and are swept by the "currents" to other "locations". Examples of these "locations" are the River of Reincarnation, the Swirl, the Great Rift, the Blender, etc...

The Abyss is one of these unique "locations" where souls tend to accumulate at.

The little orb, that is Akari Chihiro as a soul, floated along in the Abyss.

The little soul provided a tiny glow of light in the eternal darkness.

As a soul, Akari seemed content with chilling out in the abyss. She wasn't exactly conscious nor was she unconscious of her surroundings. She was in a fugue between sleeping and wakefulness. She felt like she was having a lucid dream.

Unfortunately, such an obvious anomaly in a normally dark environment would attract... attention. So, curious creatures moved to the soul to give it a little look. While creatures who were more afraid of the dim light moved away.

Unknown to Akari, several creatures of the Abyss touched her soul. Tentacles prodded her, got an uninteresting result and drew away from her. Long, slender and multijointed fingers wrapped around her and gave her a little squeeze. Then, not getting the result it wanted, released Akari and moved away.

Like a giant spotlight, a singular but large yellow glowing eye opened and stared at Akari. The glare caused the little soul to shiver. Under the gaze of the giant eye, it was clear that the soul had suffered damage from prolonged exposure to the abyss and its creatures.

Small cracks tainted with the Black of the Abyss ran along the little orb. Little pieces of soul matter flaked off Akari and lodged in the soul itself was a perfectly spherical and dull purple "pebble".

Unsatisfied with the condition of Akari's soul, the giant eye closed and the creature moved to find another. The creature was something Akari would have called a "Random Omnipotent Being" had it chosen to take her. Unfortunately, the creature had not taken her. Souls were uncommon in the large expanse that was the Abyss but the true connoisseurs in the Abyss knew that it was about quality than quantity.

A colossal black tongue seemingly appeared out of nowhere and gently licked Akari. All the flaking pieces of her soul were stuck onto the tongue and were taken away from her, leaving her looking a lot worse off. 

The creature that had licked her wasn't done, however.

A tiny thin tentacle reached out to Akari and pulled the "pebble" out of her. Then, a ball of mashed soul pieces was inserted into the dent where the "pebble" used to be. Though it was clear to "some" that the mismatched mash of soul pieces was... wrong, the inexperienced soul surgeon was satisfied with its work.

It let out a happy roar/whimper/cry/mumble and swam/flew off.

After a small shiver, Akari, the little soul continued on her way, aimlessly floating in the abyss.

It was only "a little while" later that another creature spotted her. The spreading of the Black had increased and the impromptu mash of soul pieces had fallen out at some point.

The creature that had spotted Akari was a rare "small" creature. The "rabbit" spotted Akari and moved to see her. It stopped before her and two small eyes began glowing purple. Then, the "rabbit" smiled/grinned/widely-opened-its-maw-with-happiness.

[ A soul that has evaded its inevitable death, only to have its life reaped a moment later. An extremely rare specimen.]

The "rabbit" did not speak.

It projected its thoughts into the Abyss and the Abyss turned the thoughts into words with meaning. 

A moment after, the "rabbit"'s eyes stopped glowing and Akari's soul lost its glow completely having been shielded by... something. 

[ Should I keep this specimen... or invest in it... Decisions... decisions... Truly, decisions are a complex concept. I am lucky to have learnt this concept from "TheOneWhoTeachesAboutTheSelf".]

The "rabbit" began moving/hopping/flying rapidly. Akari, now no longer glowing, moved with the "rabbit" as if the duo were simply a still picture being moved across a table.

Soon, the "rabbit" shifted/hopped/teleported out of the Abyss and into a dimension of blue. Scattered around the "rabbit"'s personal dimension were random bits and bobs.

Several dull orbs were lined out in a "line".

This was the "rabbit"'s collection.

Akari's dull soul floated over to the line and stopped when she was placed in her new spot. A spot she would presumably be sitting on for eternity, unless...

A short moment after the "rabbit" placed Akari in its collection, it changed its mind.

[ An investment... I shall allow this soul to converse with the Others! That should nearly guarantee its success, I have complete faith in the Others! Then, I shall gain an ally.]

The "rabbit" was a true soul surgeon, a true master in its craft. Undoing the protective bubble it had created around Akari, it took a close look at her soul as its eyes glowed purple once more.

The "rabbit" did not move.

Though it stayed still as a picture, objects from all over its dimension began moving around, telekinetically controlled by it. Then, the Black corruption of the Abyss on Akari's soul began to shift forming new patterns. Finally, as the patterns settled, the corruption stopped increasing and stilled completely.

Then, what seemed like a scapple made of soul material cut into Akari's soul, cutting a piece of her out. For the first time, Akari seemed to register pain and the little soul shrieked and trembled violently. Fortunately for the girl's psyche, the unimaginable torment stopped immediately as a blue "piece" was slotted into the hole.

Akari's soul quickly accepted the "piece" and sealed itself with it. An action she made, subconsciously, to escape from the pain.

Lifting a paw, the "rabbit" "moved" for the first time and opened a rift. After a moment, the rift stabilised and Akari floated through it.

Satisfied with a job well done, the "rabbit" took one look at the rest of its collection and wondered if it should ALSO invest in them. However, it decided not to on the account that it was lazy and wasn't really in desperate need of allies... yet.

So, it hopped/teleported back to its homeland, the Abyss and continued its hobby of searching for interesting souls.

15