Ch2 Maledict
585 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The village square was bustling with people starting their day the local inn was open for breakfast and the vendors in the market had long set up their stalls and were peddling their wares.  Mari squeezed her Papa’s hand as they made their through the village markets and closer to the edge of the village.

“Morning Keisuke!”  A cheery voice said from behind them the voice belonged to Mr Shin a regular at Papa’s smithy.  

 “Ah morning Shin how’s business for ya?” 

Mr Shin groaned before laughing dryly “I’d love to say business is booming but there’s scarcely anything worth hunting in these woods anymore”

 “Well the Agaricus population is down thanks to you so it’s not all bad”  Keisuke yawned.   

“Your steel saw to that immaculate craftsmenship as always”  Mr Shin said slapping Papa on the back.

“Don’t act surprised Papa’s work is the best in the whole world”  Mari smiled while clutching on to her Papa.  

“Ain’t that the truth”  Mr Shin said kneeling to her level and ruffling her hair

“So what are you two up so early in the morning?”

“Papa is taking me to my orientation at Saint Nemonenas”  

“Oh really now, so you gonna be a Sister of church?”

“Nope I’m gonna be a Sacmental Knight a big hero like Runa”

It had been Mari’s dream to become a knight of the church ever since she had first seen miss Runa slay a pack of monsters when she was four years old.   

“Like the Thunder Princess hmm that’s a lofty goal indeed"  Mr Shin mused scratching his head

“Come along Mari we’re running out of time”

 Her Papa said tugging at her arm and pulling her along at a brisk pace.   Mari waved enthusiastically at the man as her Papa lead her out of the town square the school was located beyond the village resting at the edge of the Shikishima Woodlands.

Papa was always complaining about how it was built on a stupid position and was away from the village and prone to monster attacks and raids despite such a thing not a occurring in years.

Before too long they had arrived at their destination a big building well maintained and surrounded by runes carved into the earth.   “Great runic vigils how wonderful”  Papa groaned stepping through the entrance gates.

“Excuse me can I help you with anything”  A silky voice called out from deeper within the school.  The sound of light foot steps echoed as a young woman approached.  She was dressed head to toe in a white dress with plenty of ruffles and frills.  

“I take it that you’re one of the teachers at this maledict insitution”  Papa said unkinking his neck and making no attempt to hid his displeasure.

  “Oh goddess no I’m only an apprentice sister my job is nothing more than groundskeeping and assisting our instructors with menial duties”   The young woman smiled widely as she clutched the worn wooden broom in her arms.

“Listen er… what’s your name?”   

“Chise… Chise Fujita”

“Miss Chise I’ll cut to the chase,  My precious little daughter Mari here will be enrolling at this school today.  I trust you’ll escort her to the orientation area?”  Papa said closing the distance between them.

“Ah of course um…. ah… follow me Mari”  Chise said panic clear in her voice she dropped her broom without attempting to pick it back up.   

  “Have fun and don’t cause any trouble alright Mari”  Her Papa said waving as his daughter was dragged away.

“Bye Bye Papa!  Don’t drink to much!”  Mari sang as she watched her Papa fade from view.

What Subject are you looking forward to seeing?
  • Novice Spellcasting Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Religious Studies Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Physical Education Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Novice Runecraft Votes: 15 48.4%
Total voters: 31
10