Ch3 Frills
495 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They made light conversation as Mari was gently guided down the many branching paths of the campus for a smaller size school is was downright labyrinthine it’s lay out with my branching paths.

“So are we excited for your orientation ceremony little one?”  She said smiling and squeezing her hand tight.   Mari nodded walking along a skip as she absorbed every aspect of her new school.

“Keep pace we’re almost there little one”   

“Where are we going sister?”  Mari asked curiously.

“ Why to meet the rest of this years adorable little fledglings”  

“What’s a fledgling?”  

“Hmm how best to put it.. think of them as future friends”  

“Friends” Mari asked her smile growing all the wider

She was escorted a small room filled with six other students four girls and two boys were talking among themselves but soon fell silence as they turned their inquisitive gaze upon the late arrival.

“Excuse me children may I have your attention please”  The sister beckoned clearing her throat and causing the rampant chatter to cease.    

Their eyes scanning her up and down causing a sudden surge of nervous butterflies to dance inside of her stomach.  

Two of the students managed to catch Mari’s eyes they were the same height and carried identical faces one was a girl who lowered her gaze the moment it met Mari’s and the other was a boy who starred back unwavering.  

“Everyone this adorable little one is Mari she’ll be joining the rest of you as first years so please treat each other in a manner becoming of those devoted to our great goddess Erisvelg”.    Mari waved awkwardly her anxiousness giving way to excitement.  

The children were given zero chance to get acquainted as the sister snapped her fingers and beckoned for them to follow while muttering something about keeping to a strict schedule and running late.

Mari thoughts drifted towards her Papa and how he’d be gone for the next month but at least she had her daily schooling to keep her mind occupied better than sitting at home or working in the dusty old smithy.

A stinging pain rippled across her back as one of her fellow students slapped her hard sending her stumbling forward luckily she was able keep her balance.    “Damn you’re more brittle than you look, you alright their?”

Mari craned her neck to get a better view of her assailant shooting them a glare as she dusted herself off.   It was one of the twins a boy with messy locks of carmine hair and a smug look painted across their face.

“Not one for boundaries are you?”  Mari sighed

“Just my way of saying hello”

“Well whatever,  I’m Mari and You?”  

“Mari huh… cute name”

“You’re really bad at this sort of thing aren’t you?”  Mari laughed

“Hey shut up I don’t really talk to anyone other than Asher and Daddy…”

“Asher?”  

“ My twin brother?”

“Wait… you’re a girl?” Mari asked

“As much as you are,  I just don’t care much for skirts and frills ya know”

“Names Aisha by the way,  Aisha Rayfield”

"Let's try to be friends from here on out Mari"

Aisha extended her hand warmly a hand that Mari was all to happy to take.  

“Sure thing”

 

10