Ch4 Expectations
387 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Asher get over here already!”  Aisha bellowed waving and hopping on the spot as her twin cautiously tiptoed towards the pair.   

 Despite being twins they were shorter than their sister and their hair was longer and bound in neat and tidy braid.

“I like your ribbon it’s cute”  Mari said offering her hand gently

“Come on Asher don’t be rude to our new friend!”  Aisha scolded smacking her sibling on the back.

“Thanks..” a faint voice responded barely louder than a mumble

 Asher continued to whisper as they clutched there sisters arm hiding behind them and hoping that nobody would notice.

“Okay our beautiful young fledglings were here please be quiet and make sure to listen intently it’s of the utmost importance that you internalize everything you’re about to hear.”    

The sister continued to prattle on her voice trailing as she knocked on the unassuming timber door.

The room was filled with two great ebon bookshelves that ran the length of the walls and a great emerald carpet stretched from the door to center piece of the room a sizable desk with paper work strewn across it’s top.

A tall thin and overly gaunt woman was seated at the desk she was dressed in the traditional garments of a sister of the church long white robes with a emerald hood.

“Pardon the tardiness m’am, but here they are” The sister bowed

“Ah so these are our fledglings for the year”  Her voice was soft yet commanding

“Children please introduce yourself and state your affinity for the Chief Sister”

“Chief Sister what’s that exactly?” Aisha inquired stepping forward.

A thick silence fell over the room as the children starred at the sister their faces baring an expression equal parts curiosity and confusion.    The younger sister cleared her throat which seemed to cause the chief sister to remember something.

“Can anyone here tell me their Ballum Affinity?”  The chief sister asked stepping toward them

Mari and the rest of her classmates shook their in unison much to the chief sisters chagrin and vexation.

“Six years of age and you don’t even know that much,  Oh well there’s nothing to be come along then fledglings”  The chief sister snapped her fingers beckoning the children to trail behind her.

The children did as they were bayed and before long they arrived at a small and unassuming room with black and white tiles and a pillar resting in the rooms center.   Resting inside the pillar was pulsing sphere.

The chief sister reached into the pillar and pried the sphere free it pulsed in response as she rested her hands upon it.   

“This children is one of our schools finest tools”  Her voice carried with it a sense of pride.

“This is a Noa Balor a…”  

“A magical tool that messes a person’s soul and reveal their elemental affinity”  Mari said skipping forward and capturing the attention of the chief sister.   “So learned at such a young age who might you be”  The chief sister said kneeling to Mari’s level.

“Mari Higurashi” Mari smiled bowing in respect.

“And how did a Black Smiths daughter come to be so educated?”

“I’m alone a lot of the time so I read book’s in Mama’s Library to pass the time”

“Is that so well little Mari I’ll be expecting great things from you in the future”  

“Step forward children and place your hand atop the Noa Balor it will change color revealing your affinity.   Red for Fire,  Azure for Water,  Purple for Lightning,  Emerald for Wind,  Yellow for Earth,  White for Light and Black for Darkness”   

“Now than little fledglings! than let us begin the first part of your orientation day, come now who’s first.”   The chief sister asked extending her arm in invitation.

 

 

 

8