Ch6: Uniform
319 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Here you go kiddo”  Her Papa said handing over a medium sized worn wooden box tied with fraying twine strings.   “Can I open it now?”  Mari responded eagerly her eyes darting between her the box and the man who gave it to her.  

Papa’s sly smile and a hasty nod was all the approval she needed as she tugged at the edges of the twine and began the unwrapping process her excitement and anticipation reaching a fever pitch.

Nestled inside the box was a pure white blouse and skirt set it appeared to have been sown together recently and some of the stiches were visible along the seams of the blouse.   “This looks like a…”  

“A uniform, right because it is one, yours to be precise”  Keisuke chuckled ruffling her hair in a teasing manner causing Mari to blush before rushing to hug her papa with an enormous smile enveloping her face.

“Your school is strange compared to other academia,  they’re uniforms are just the tip of that iceberg however”  Keisuke groaned while endeavoring to free himself of the painful kink that was plaguing his neck.    

“Care to elaborate papa?”  Keisuke sighed resigning himself to the whims of his precious and incessantly curious child.   “Anything for you kiddo, but eat your breakfast before it goes cold”  

Her papa went on to explain about the unique structure that Saint Philomena’s has across all it’s schools big and small.   The girls and boys are taught from the age of six until thirteen and each of those years the students are given a different colored uniform beginning with white and ending with black.

“Speaking of school your first day begins soon so finish up and get ready”  Keisuke yawned returning his attention to the buttered slightly burnt toast before him.   Mari happily obliged taking her freshly acquired uniform and scurrying away towards her room.

The uniform fit perfectly as though it had been tailor made for the girl the pure white top was adorned with a cute ruby ribbon.  After taking a minute to admire her cuteness she was about to return to her Papa when a rasping knock at the door brought her to a grinding halt.  

“Can you get the door Mari?” Keisuke asked still trying to remove the persistent kink from his neck.

“On it!” Mari chirped sprinting towards the door and pulling it open.   

The younger sister from the school was standing their flanked by Aisha, Asher and the rest of her classmates.   “Uh hello” was all Mari managed to utter her confusion plane for all to see.  

“Such a pain in my ass… Oh hello Sister.”

 Keisuke said forcing a smile upon noticing the herd of urchins clinging to the sister.    “I guess you’re doing the daily collection huh?”   

“Correct it’s school policy considering the school is situated outside of the safety of the village it’s far to dangerous to allow our fledglings to wander to and from the school…  Until they learn to defend themselves this will be a regular occurrence I fear”

“I don’t mind but just a word of warning if anything happens to my daughter I’ve got no issue taking my hammer to whole bloody thing.”  Keisuke glared.  

“That’s enough Papa!”  Mari chided jabbing her Papa firmly in the side  

“Ah right… Old Habits I’m sorry,  You should get going now kiddo”

“Have a good day and make sure you behave Papa!”

Mari smiled rushing to join her new friends and eager to begin her first real day of school.  

This is my first step to becoming a Sacarment Knight just like the Thunder Princess.   Alright I’ll do my best even if I am a hollow I’ll just have to work harder than everyone.

6