Ch7 Laughter
336 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The halls of Saint Philomena's was surging with life as Mari and the Rayfield twins arrived students walking the halls donning there coloured uniforms thus revealing their year.   

“Hold on a second isn’t there supposed to be seven colours? How come there’s only three?”  Aisha remarked as her usually cheerful face shriveled in disappointment.   

“I know while and I’ll be happy to tell you for a price”  Mari smiled

“But I don’t have any money,  what about you Asher?”   

“I don’t…”   Asher said his words trailing into undistinguishable whispers.

“If you can’t afford to pay me for my knowledge than there is one other way”

“Please Ari I’ll do anything!”  Aisha moaned seizing Mari by her shoulders.  

“I demand head pats!”  Mari shouted clenching her fist and raising it high above her head.

“You drive a hard bargain but alright!”  Aisha said gently patting Maris head.

Mari went on to explain the reason why only three of the seven colours were here at Saint Philomena's

and that was because of the smaller population size of Shikishima village the last crop of seventh years had graduated years ago, the eldest group currently enrolled in the school were in their third year of education.   

A sharp stampede of footsteps approaching brought the merry conversation to a close as Mari turned to her attention to the source of the noise.

The source of the commotion belonged to a collection of female students that were approaching with great haste.

 The myriad of coloured uniforms revealed that the party was comprised of an abundance of second year students (purple) revolving around a solitary third year student (Red).   

It took a single glance for Mari to realize that she was different and separate from the rest of the student’s she’d met thus far.

Her sprawling locks of sapphire hair told her as did the iciness in her amber eyes,  Mari knew she was going to be difficult to deal with.   

“Hey Mari look it’s our seniors I’m gonna go introduce myself!”  Aisha said joyously.

Without a moment of consideration for reading the room Aisha had rushed over the group extending her hand openly to the third year leader of the group.  

 The chorus of laughter and the collective patter of footsteps ceased immediately and silence reigned for a few anxious moments.

All eyes were on Aisha who’s hand was left hanging as the third year girl scoffed while rolling her eyes the third year seemed to contemplate something before without warning spiting directly onto Aisha’s hand leaving the latter stunned.

The hoard of second years laughed as their leader shoved Aisha to the ground and kept walking like nothing had happened as her cohorts erupted into fits of laughter with one remarking that first years should know their place in the pecking order.

One of the second years thought it’d be funny to shove Aisha again causing her to squeak in pain as her head bounced of the hard wooden flooring of the school corridor.

“Hey Jerk!”  

The girls turned around and were caught off guard as Mari rushed towards them weaving through the girls as she lunged towards the third year fists primed and ready.    

The third year watched on as the first inched closer her face which was still as snide and conceited as ever.

“Ember Rampart”  One of the girls said and Mari’s first collided with a burning wall of flame that sent her careening backwards joining Aisha on the ground.   The caster was holding a book with the symbol of Flamma on It.

Her first was prickling from the pain and her eyes were stinging too

“Your timing is immaculate as always,  well done Shinobu”  The third year praised her voice as icy as her eyes.

“You honour me with your praise”  The spellcaster responded.

Her eyes were black like the feathers of a raven and her eyes were a dazzling shade of jade.

And like a storm the girls dispersed as did the rest of their fellow students leaving only Mari and her friends two of which were stricken on the ground.

 

Mari arose taking a longer look at her hand which was singed but not burnt thankfully

 

“Aisha!  Aisha!”   Asher howled rushing to his sister and wrapping her in a warm hug.  

 

As Mari watched the girls fade into the distance and out of view her eyes locked on to one of the girls.   

 

“Shinobu?  I’ll remember that name.”  Mari said glaring.

7