Ch8 Fledglings
319 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mari was still in disbelief and shock by the time their morning class had begun it was her very first lesson and prudent that she gave her full attention but regardless of her many valiant efforts to focus her mind drifted towards their earlier encounter.

Her tiny hand was singed but the stinging had subsided the same however could not be said of her scorn,  she was infuriated by the nerve of those girls and her mind was rife with daydreams about all the untoward things she wanted to do to them. 

She had read about bullies and scoundrels in her stories but facing them in reality was a little daunting.   The sound of the door opening caught her attention and two figures entered the room.

The first was a thin man with disheveled mint hair and sunken eyes that struggled to remain open.   Mari felt her eyes narrow into a glare upon realization of the identity of the second person.

That damn Shinobu girl, she’s got some nerve showing up here with that smug look on her face  

“Morning fledglings I’m Mr Suzuki and I’ll be teaching you first years basic spell casting and physical education, any questions?”   T

The man spoke in a strange manner with every word trailing into a whisper and every sentence accompanied by an identical yawn.  

“Pardon Sir but I have a question,”  Mari said, rising from her desk.

“Ah yes ask away whoever you are”  

“I’m Mari Higurashi sir and It’s just a simple question” 

“What exactly is that second year doing here

“Easy this talented second year is going to help out with a little practical demonstration today”

Shinobu smirked, basking in the praise and attention that was being lavished upon by the first years. 

“I’m not talented Mr Suzuki it’s the thorough instruction of my teachers that has allowed me to excel.”  Shinobu replied bashfully, averting her gaze from the class.    

“Nonsense the blood of The Thunder Princess courses through your veins,  why the Matsumoto family has produced the brightest sisters in the village for generations”

“Wait Thunder Princess?  THE THUNDER PRINCESS?”  Mari gasped slamming her hands down hard on her desk causing it to rock back and forth.   

Taking no heed of class decorum Mari sprinted towards Shinobu and shook the girl by her shoulders violently.  

“I can’t believe I’m meeting somebody related to the Thunder Princess this is brilliant”  Mari said raising her voice as high as it could go.

Once Shinobu returned to her senses she pryed Mari off her body with a firm shove.  

“I understand your enthusiasm but please don’t accost our little helper.”  Mr Suzuki chided gesturing for her to return to her seat.

“But I need to know,  Shinobu how are you two related?”

“So uninformed you declare yourself a fan of mother but you don’t even know her personal life,  well if you don’t know I’m not going to be the one to tell you,  go and sit your being an nuisance to Mr Suzuki”

“So she’s your mama?  Thanks for telling me I’ll sit down now”  Mari waved returning to her desk with a grin plastered across her face.

Shinobu eyes widened in vexation and Mari could have sworn she heard the faintest groans but Shinobu didn’t get the chance to say anything as Mr Suzuki clapped his hands together briskly getting the class back on track.

“it’s tradition at Saint Philomena’s to have an upperclass man demonstrate some of the magic that you’ll learn throughout the year,  so if you please have your grimoire at the ready Miss Matsumoto”

“Revelar”

A crackling sound filled the room a moderately sized book with a crimson cover and golden pages appeared in Shinobu’s hands.

Once again Mari had found herself in awe this was her second time seeing a Grimoire up close the other one belonging to her Papa but this one was vastly different from her Papas.  

“Whenever your ready Miss Shinobu”

7