Ch9 Grimoires
195 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mr Suzuki continued to gloat about how he had instructed the Thunder Princess when she was but a fledgling as well and regaled the students with tales of years gone by before a crisp cough from Shinobu returned the man to reality.  

“Hmm anyway on with the lesson,  first years can anyone tell me the source of our magic?”   Mr Suzuki said, clasping his withered hands together with a sense of great enthusiasm and an almost childlike sense of glee. 

“I know, me, pick me Teacher!” Mari said rushing to raise her hand in hopes of being called upon.  

“Ah Miss Higurashi, go ahead the floor and our ears are yours” 

“Magic comes from Ballum are mystical energy that is instilled in every one of the goddesses children” 

“A fine attempt but you’re mistaken,  Ballum is infused into everything around us from the sky soaring above our heads  to the soil and stone beneath our very feet,  and we siphon portions of it and mold it to our purposes via the use of grimoires which leads me to the crux today’s lesson” 

“Shinobu, please attack me with a basic Flamma spell if you would,”  Mr Suzuki beckoned with a sharp snap of his fingers. 

Shinobu twirled her grimoire and ruffled through it’s pages as it pulsed with an amber glow.

  “Firebolt” a jet of flame rushed from Shinobu’s hand and came careening towards Mr Suzuki with great haste. 

“Crest of Dahara”  Mr Suzuki uttered these words seconds before the jet of reddish flame would have struck him and in that second a wall of stone shrouded him protecting him from the searing flames. 

“Masterfully done indeed”  Mr Suzuki said in between long exasperating coughs. 

“It was nothing sir”  Shinobu lowered her gaze eager to avoid anymore praise it seemed.

“So as you can see children magic is versatile and can be crafted to a myriad of purposes,  destruction, protection and construction are but a few ways this wonderful energy may be of use to us all” 

“It is a tool to be used but never forget to treat your gifts with the reverence and respect it deserves.   Now enough of my prattle how about a proper demonstration of magic in action”  

The words of Mr Suzuki trailed off into the distance as Mari locked eyes with Shinobu shooting the girl the fiercest glare her adorable eyes could muster.   

“I feel a duel is in order, now then has any of our fledglings awoken their affinity yet?”

“If it’s a fight you want Mr I’d be happy too”  A familiar voice cried out rising from their desk.    It was Aisha whose usual smirk had been replaced with an austere look.

“You’re enthusiasm is commendable Miss Rayfield, very well take the stage”

6