Ch10 Unsanctioned
185 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Clearly eager to seek revenge against a member of the group that disrespected her earlier Aisha raced to the front of the class catching even Mr Suzuki by surprise with her sense of eagerness.   

“Now as you fledgling haven’t been to the festival yet you’ll have to make do with a learner grimoire”

Mr Suzuki produced a worn down tome from the bookshelf behind him unlike Shinobu’s this grimoire didn’t bear an insignia it was blank, dusty and forgotten.    

“Here you go Miss Rayfield.”  Mr Suzuki said dropping the dusty tome into the girls tiny hands.  

“It’s pages are blank, how am I supposed to cast any spells Sir?”  

Aisha enquired her face baring a perplexing expression.   

“Not to worry this is a learners Grimoire it will recognize your Ballum affinity and will respond accordingly allowing you to cast the most basic of elemental spells,  Gnista in your case if I recall”

“Now than children take ten paces apart and ready your self's, The rules of this engagement are simple your aim is knock your opponent off their feat and Shinobu you may only use spells taught within the first semester of the first year are we clear?”  

Mr Suzuki whimsical voice turned austere as his gaze narrowed on the center of this demonstration.

“As the azure sky Sir”  Shinobu answered

“Very good, now on my signal you may begin”

“Saints Arrow!”

“Firebolt”  

Jet’s of light and fire came roaring towards each other colliding in a miniature explosion

“It’ll take more than that too…”   Shinobu said flicking a strand of raven hair from her eyes.

The rushing of feet against wood sounded as Aisha lunged towards Shinobu her arm stretched and her hand wound tightly into a fist that was already emanating light

“Eat this, Nebula Impact!”

“Blazing Deflector”

A wall of amber colored glass emerged between Shinobu and Aisha nullifying the laters attack and sending her flying off the stage hitting the ground below with a dull thud.

“Step aside children,  Oh dear Miss Rayfield appears to be utterly unconscious I’ll whisk her away to our resident Medicas.   Uh… stay put children and I will return shortly.”  Mr Suzuki said carefully scooping up Aisha and making a swift exit from the room with Asher in trailing at his heels.

“What a hapless display,  I’ll be excusing myself than.”  Shinobu said snidely making her out of the room giving no care to the condition of her opponent.    Feeling her blood start to boil Mari followed the cruel girl out of the classroom ready to settle the score.

“Hold It!”  Mari screamed stomping her feet before storming towards Shinobu who was half way down the hall way by the time she caught up with her.    

“So noisy,  what do you want runt?”  Shinobu said coldly returning the glare.

“And who are you calling runt?  I’m only a tiny bit smaller than you are”

“You’re still lacking,  now spit it out runt unlike you I have places to be”

“Oh I’m starting hate you, you know that?”  

“Do I look like I care?”  

“I’ve had it!  Time to wipe that look from your face.  I Mari Higurashi do here by challenge you to a duel!”

“And why would I waste my time on another fledgling?”

“Scared to lose huh?  That’s okay you can admit it”

Mari stepped forward attempting to flick Shinobu on the nose but the former was able to catch her hand in time,  squeezing it firmly and shoving Mari backwards causing the girl lose balance and almost topple to the ground.  

“I’ll bite why are you so eager to Tarnish your pride fledgling?”  

“Fledgling? You’re what a whole one year older than me?  You’re a fledgling too Princess”

“Prin…Princess…”  Shinobu cleared her throat evidently caught off guard by the off handed comment.

“Do you accept or not?”  Mari asked forcing a smile.

“Unsanctioned duels between students of Saint Phil….”

“Are strictly prohibited and any students found indulging in such activities will be harshly punished”  

“I know the school rules by heart, been wanting to come here since I was old enough want anything”

“Oh is that so…”  Shinobu said her voice trailing into a murmur

“Setting aside your admittedly impressive knowledge,  No I will not duel you”

“Aw but why come on it’ll be fun!”  Mari groaned.

“Students caught indulging will be harshly punished,  I’ve worked to long and hard to have my perfect record be ruined by some meaningless duel.”

“Whoever said anything about school!”   Mari sang closing the distance between them.

“In that case I wouldn’t be opposed to putting another fledgling in their place, what do you have mind exactly?”

5