(Vol3)140. Another Tier
231 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Basked in the colourful light from the stained window, a nun stares at a book. This chapel is The Order's abode. (Recap: chapter 90. Banquet)

*EEEEK!* 

The large door to the tall tower creaks open as Rafi walks in. He steps past the pews to the altar and gets on his knees. 

"Rafi..." She says. 

Wearing a black tunic, the nun blends in with the darkness, her face shadowed by the void when he turns to face Rafi. The colourful light reveals a  ponytail on the figure.  

"Divine Matriarch, the perpetrator that killed Radis is Arsto," says Rafi. 

"Arsto...how did he find the lair?" the nun asks.

"I am unsure but it might be Armin." 

The nun chuckles. "That cute dog is rebelling again?" 

...

The nun turns back to her book. "You don't need me to tell you what to do, right?"

"Yes, by your orders." Rafi instantly disappears into the shadows. 

The nun flips a page of the book, revealing a paper between. It's a drawing of Arsto.

A smile emerges as the nun scrutinises his features. 

======================================= 

--------------- 

With much irrefutable evidence and actions, the government's reputation has dropped to 1209.

The main mission is completed. 

Citizens will now side with the rebellion as the government slowly falls apart.

Conquer the capital "Hira" to clear chapter 2.

---------------

It's finally coming to an end. I was feeling suffocated living below an ocean. 

The power of the government has turned into authoritarianism against distrustful and rebelling citizens. With the major authority showing their true colours, the entire Rodgof is in such a mess. If the demons invade now, it's game over. 

For now, I've reported what I know to Rena and Rosy, the rest is up to them. 

Beyond me is a view of the city of Marivel. At a vantage point overlooking the main dining area of an eatery, I sit on a balcony wooden seat, smelling the aroma of hearty and rustic dishes and enjoying the bustling sensation. 

A waitress walks beside me and gently places a plate of sandwiches and a cup of tea. 

"Thank you." 

She smiles, nods, and leaves. 

Marivel quickly stabilized after the rebellion took over when patches of power were given to competent and honest people handpicked by Rena. 

Known to be "The City of Flowers", Marivel are mainly built with an artful blend of stone, lumber, and cascading nature. Flowering windows are adorned with climbing roses and wildflower gardens decorated living rooftops. 

I take a sip of my tea and sigh at the beautiful sight. 

...

The person I am waiting for is late...

Let's use this time for a class advancement. 

Aura Slayer is a versatile class that mainly utilises mana to infuse into attacks, complementing my mana sense.

I pull up the status screen and tap on my class. 

--------------- 

The "Aura Slayer" Class can be advanced. 

Requirements:

1. Law of The Gods(1/1)

2. Blood Essence(0/1)

[Choose]

3. Monster's Organ(0/1)

[Choose]

4. Tier 4 Ingredient(0/1)

[Choose]

--------------- 

Hmm...should I use the Giant Brain(a reward from the tower defence dungeon) or the Dragon's Bladder? The Dragon Bladder can grant me permanent fire immunity but potion exists. On the other hand, the Giant Brain can provide attribute boosts and a useful passive skill I need.

Alright, I've decided.

--------------- 

Chosen ingredients:

1. Law of The Gods 

2. Mutant Blood Essence

3. Dragon's Bladder 

4. Lily Blood 

Confirm to proceed.

[Yes][No]

--------------- 

--------------- 

Congratulations!

Class advanced!

Aura Slayer -> Arcane Warlord 

Due to your high mastery, the class "Arcane Warlord" has been upgraded to Tier 2.

Your physique is resonating with the change. 

+100 Atk 

+100 Def 

+100 Dex 

Mana sense(lvl 4->5)

--------------- 

"NGH!!!..." I hold back my groan as much as possible. 

It feels extremely cold. Yet, the cold isn't a physical manifestation when I realise my body remains unaffected. 

I take a bite of the sandwich and control my breathing, circulating mana rapidly. 

Soon, the cold subsides into a mere headache at the back of my mind. It feels like an itch that can't be scratched.

--------------- 

A "Class" Mission has been created.

You have reached a new height of your journey and attained power. Yet, something dormant lies within you, unable to unleash the true potential. 

Is there something wrong with your swordsmanship? Or perhaps your footwork? Or is it your mental state? 

Something feels off.

Objective:

-Resolve the mysterious feeling.

Note: When the mission is active, the player will continuously feel uncomfortable and foreign.

--------------- 

A class mission... usually has something to do with personal growth. 

"Hah..." 

I will ask Lena about this next time. 

--------------- 

You currently have 28391 sword mastery.

Class Tier: 2

Reach 50000 mastery for a class upgrade.

Effects:

-10% skill cooldown

+10% Atk when using a mana-imbued weapon. 

Available Mastery Points:28391 

Skills:

-Mana Manipulation[Passive][lvl ???]

Control the nature's essence, the atom of the universe.

This innate skill enhances "Mana Sense". 

This innate ability is permanent once learnt and can be grown. 

(learn)(25000 mastery points required)

-Devour[Active]

Devours all mana in the user to temporarily gain a boost in statistics. The boost is dependent on the volume of mana.

This skill will be active for 1 minute. 

(learn)(19000 mastery points required)

-Life of Nothing[Active]

Consumes 60% of health in the user to grant invincibility(No damage can be done) for 30 seconds.

(learn)(30000 mastery points required)

--------------- 

Expensive...after twenty thousand mastery points, it becomes increasingly harder to gain sword mastery. Just simply swinging my sword will not suffice. 

--------------- 

"Mana Manipulation" has been selected. 

-25000 mastery points

--------------- 

Woah...fuck...

A wave of emotions overflow. My senses combine with every mana in the vicinity as if I can hear the mana's thoughts.

I put my hand out to the cup on the table. It trembles slightly before lifting into the air and floating around.

I smile in delight at the result. 

"This is mana manipulation. I've somewhat reached a telekinesis realm."

My attention shifts when I see the target walking past the eatery below. 

I quickly stuff the entire sandwich into my mouth, pay for it and leave, tailing the target. The target is Jasto, a traitor. Alure reported he suddenly moved his work to Marivel.

As I tail him, we leave Marivel and go deep into nature until we approach a lake. 

I station myself ahead in the river where the current flows. The spy was supposed to send a bottle down the lake to an accomplice. I plan to intercept the bottle. 

However, a scream erupts instead.

"ARGHH???!!! WHAT THE FUCK?!!!" Jasto's piercing cry rings. 

"Hm?"

I quickly check on the situation to find the mutant creature that escaped from Radis Lair chewing on Jasto.

!?!!!

The creature trembles at a familiar aura and instantly runs. 

I grip my sword tightly and throw it with all my might. Using mana manipulation, the sword darts in different directions and manages to pierce the creature's leg. 

"KRAGHH!!!"

It whines and groans as it attempts to crawl away who is now as slow as a toddler.

...

"H-Help..." Jasto cries out weakly, his body has five big holes of blood pouring. I glance at him and leave without a second of hesitation. "N-No...wait...please."

Leaving Jasto to die, I walk towards the creature with a sinister smile, unable to hold back my malicious intent. 

The sight of a mere creature squirming away in fear fills me with mysterious delight. 

"Do you want to live?" I ask the creature. The creature nods its head. 

My smile widens to a smirk. "Heh...alright. There's something I want you to do."

24