Chapter 1 : Welcome
11.7k 12 201
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I would like to mention that the series has not been edited on Scribble as much as I would have liked due to time and other obligations. Finite Experience was removed later on and some plot points were fixed and addressed in editing which were not done here, again from lack of time. Currently, the work has been updated up to chapter 60ish and is slowly being updated. I will be sure to keep this up to date with the changes.

A light blue screen gingerly floated in front of him. His brows scrunched in confusion looking back at it. A single bold word in the middle of the game-like screen.

 

[Welcome]

 

"This isn’t what I was watching… Where did this screen come from?" Drake questioned. His gaze was brought again to the subtly bobbing screen in front of him. Taking better notice of it, at the bottom there was a small white blinking arrow prompting him to continue.

"Oh, man... I kinda don’t like that... I’ve seen one too many movies like this," Drake muttered.

Trying to quickly get up from his sitting position, he noticed that he was actually in a comfortable office-like chair, his brows rose once again suddenly taken aback.

"I should have been in bed laying down and watching my... ahem... late-night… show…"

And why is it so chilly in here? He thought looking down at his exposed feet on the cold tile floor.

Oh.... that isn't a good sign....

 Ignoring the screen that still prompted him to continue, that almost seemed to blink more aggressively in his peripheral. Drake began to pat himself down. He would have thought it impossible but it looked like he had been moved out of his apartment and somehow into this white nondescript room.

 Moving from his head, down his body, passing over his plain t-shirt, he embarrassedly stopped at his pants. Or his lack thereof. "Shit, I’m pantless too? Hey! Whoever you are! You didn’t even have the decency to clothe me when you kidnapped me!?" he shouted into the air at nothing in particular, but he hoped someone would hear him and give him some answers.

 The room he was in didn’t seem to have any doors. And definitely no windows which was another confusing thing to add to the list of rather confusing things as there was light but no light sources that he could find.

 "Did one of my brothers put you up to this!? I know my birthday is coming up soon but this goes way beyond a joke! Hello?!" 

Drake continued to shout for a few minutes. Eventually devolving into loud insults and indecencies. Finally resorting to just screaming at the top of his lungs as no one answered him. Until he ran out of energy and slid down against a wall to sit.

 After a few minutes of being slumped against a wall, his head tilted back, staring into space. A bell sounded in Drake’s head, followed by a mechanical female voice.

 

 [Welcome. New Persons’ to the integration of your world into the fused world number 75,100,000,000,000,000. You will have the following hour to go through the introduction before the initial tutorial commences. May you gain insight, power, and renown. And most importantly, survive]

 

The voice said coldly, only adding to the ominous and confusing pit forming in Drake's stomach.

 The bell and voice faded from inside Drake’s head as his vision panned down from the ceiling, focusing on the light blue screen, a new white timer counting down on the top right.

 

[Time Remaining until Initiation: 59 Minutes, 45 Seconds]

 

 "Ahh…. I’ve definitely seen this movie before… And I really don’t want to see what happens when the timer runs out..." he chuckled wearily, reluctantly pressing the continue button on the screen.

201