The Level Zero Hero Chapter 135 (End of Amelia Book 2)
2.7k 6 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kallistus Kal had been patient. 

He had bided his time— he had learned, and he had grown. He did everything right. But in return, he had only been tormented even further. He was never rewarded for his actions.

So now, he set out to seize his dreams. To take hold of his destiny. He was no longer going to remain idle. His plan had been set in motion, and now he waited. But he didn’t wait for everything to fall into place by chance.

Instead, he was going to ensure all the cascading pieces fell into place by force. If they weren’t going to fit together, he was going to make them fit together. He waited. And he plotted.

The [Hero King] raised his head as a smile spread across his lips. 

“Soon, I shall see them again…” he whispered as he heard the clamoring coming from before him.

He swept his gaze over the bustling hall, and he saw the twisted figures moving. Creatures of the dark. Shadowed beings conjured from his will. 

Voidlings. 

And there were hundreds of them— no, thousands.

They waited with Kallistus Kal as he settled back into his seat. 

“Soon, I shall return home.”

 

—--

 

But even as the [Hero King] made his plans, the world continued to move. 

The Archmage King of Scholus called for a secret conference, and the Merfolk Empress began her final siege of Drazyl. A cowardly dragon hid beneath the earth, while the successor of the Grand Sage of Imbel Forest was forced to flee her home. 

In the Frozar Mountains, an angel and a dragon sat down in a cold cavern and spoke for the first time in ten thousand years. They discussed things which had transpired since they had last seen each other— they talked grimly of the problems plaguing the planet, and they agreed that action had to be taken.

In Wolfwater, a blonde girl and a burly man sparred with each other on a farm as a chicken looked on. But unbeknownst to them, the blonde girl was being hunted down due to a case of mistaken identity.

And at the edge of Briar Glenn, a prisoner of war was freed from his captivity. After surviving weeks and weeks of torture, he could finally see the light of day again. All thanks to the help of a brown-haired woman. A… hero.

But, of course, she wasn’t actually a hero despite her heroics. Her name was Amelia, and she was just an ordinary restaurant owner.

Or at least, that was what she told herself.  

End of Book 2

 

Author's Notes:

End of Book 2 of Amelia the Level Zero Hero!

This book focused more on the slice of life aspect of the story which I feel like was lacking in Book 1. But... in retrospect, I think I leaned too hard into the slice of life this time around. I'll try to find a better balance in the next book which I am really looking forward to.

Oh also, there will be about a ten day break until the next chapter drops for public. However, Patreon will continue to be updating chapters. And since it is the start of the month, it means now is currently the best time to subscribe to catch up to the start of Book 3 :) Check it out here

I don't really have much else to say other than that. I'll have another popularity poll for the end of book 2 soon. As always, thank you all for reading <3

 

Someone's been posting a pretty cool fanfiction in my subreddit. I think it's awesome and y'all should check it out. It's even got three chapters so far. 

We knew the [Hero King] was coming, and others may say the Island Fortress of Last Anchorage was unprepared for his arrival, but against the [Hero King] what can anyone do?

When our nation joined the coalition against him, we sent our patreon, the great Sea Dragoness Carana, not expecting to lose her within moments of the start of the battle. We also sent the majority of our military strength to fight on the mainland, who were slaughtered to the last soldier.

So, to say we were unprepared is to say we failed to act. When the [Hero King] decided to take our island, the outcome was preordained, and our position at the end of a Island Archipelago meant evacuation was largely impossible, even if the [Hero King] was not using our own ships we had used to move our Army to the mainland to invade us.

I found out though, that when hope seems lost, sometimes a final roll of the dice can alter the fate of the world. I Am Talia, and this is my story.

Check it out! A Scale of Vengance : AmeliaTLZHNovel (reddit.com)

40