Chapter 1
1.4k 21 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You know, life's hard to play. But, when you finally get used to it, it throws you off a cliff and says 'I inverted your controls!' in a loud and horribly upsetting way. Or at least I think so.

I was just going to the pub with my buddies, having a good time and a little white birdie does it's thing right above me. RIGHT ABOVE ME. So, do you wanna know what I did?

I obviously went after that bird as if it was the last slice of pizza in a party. I probably had storm clouds and lightning effects behind me with the sheer amount of anger I held.

I chased it all around until we reached a specific alleyway. It all went downhill when a giant portal ripped open right before me and the bird. Before I knew it, I found myself falling into the hole and into my (probable) despair. In hindsight, I probably should have realized something was up when it always stayed in sight and stayed so low to the ground to begin with, but oh well.

 


 

Then I had woken up with a start and stared around. All around me was darkness. A single light lit up within that darkness. A pure white pedestal that would fit in the pantheon rose from the darkness. Atop the pedestal sat a suspiciously pretty book.

If I had to describe the book, it had a beautiful auburn cover with bright golden highlights that cover the cover in a web-like fashion. In the center of the cover, a bright blue gem was present. The gem was spherical in shape and looked like it contained a mystifying force that compelled me to touch it.

And so I proceeded to touch it...

 

What? It looked shiny so I touched it. Don't judge me just because I got to touch the gem...

Anyways, the gem shined a brilliant sapphire as the book slowly hovers and opens. The pages flapped on and on until it landed on a certain page.

 

-If you could be any animal, what would you be?-

__________________________________

 

And so I made a decision that would change everything.

"I wanna be a bird so I can beat up the darn birds everywhere, I wanna be a RAVEN!"

A feather pen appeared before me like magic and it wrote the word raven in the blank and a screen appeared in front of me. accompanied by  an annoying squeaky voice.

 

[Your wish is granted master ~!]

 

And a deep red portal ripped open below me and swallowed me whole, leaving the space. And that is where we are right now.

 

What kinda birds would you wanna be? I wanna know. Ravens are cool, but I would've chosen an owl personally.

33