Letters of Destruction
2k 1 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Say? What is Teacher Nik doing?" Maan Gen inquired with a hushed voice.

The classes had already begun 30 minutes ago, but the moment the two teachers entered the class, Nik whispered something into Shen Xiu's ear and sat on his chair before taking out various parchments and envelopes. Wordlessly, Nik started scribbling something onto the papers. He wrote a few sentences, and then he would fold the parchment and hand it to Shen Xiu, who, once again, wordlessly placed the folded piece of paper into an envelope.

"If I knew, I wouldn't have asked you the same thing a few minutes ago, dumbass."

His childhood crush replied with a roll of her eyes, "And don't question Teacher Nik's method. He is doing all of this for our benefit."

Maan Gen turned slightly annoyed and puckered his lips up, "How would you know if he is doing this to benefit us?"

The girl snorted softly, "I just know."

Finally, after fifteen more minutes, Nik stored everything back into his spatial ring and then pointed at the envelopes that Shen Xiu had stacked on the floor neatly.

"These are the letters I am planning to send to all of your households. It contains a note where I strongly suggest that your parents have not taught you well and all their efforts have been vain. 

My words grow a tad bit strong for the letters belonging to Nei Li's family and Shen Yue's family.

And I have suggested that all of your parents meet me in three days.

No matter how busy or relevant they are in this city."

Nik's calm words sent an uproar as Shen Yue visibly shivered while Nei Li snorted and turned his face to the other side.

"Sir, my father is entering secluded cultivation!"

One of the kids stood up. Secluded Cultivation was a common practice, but Nik only smiled kindly, "Believe me when I say this.

Your parents have to meet me. Whether they come here or I go to their location. Secluded Cultivation, Secret Meetings, or whatnot.

I don't care.

I want all the parents in this class to meet me in three days."

This is how Nik introduced the concept of the Parent-Teacher Meeting.

By threatening the students.

This time, Shen Yue dared not flaunt his status. He was terrified, and when he tried to ask for Shen Xiu's support, she spoke up loudly, "I will make sure that the Principal approves this meeting and express his concerns for all of your future. So, now remember, not only Nik, who is probably at the level of a Spirit King, but also our Principal, who is a Rank 69 Spirit Emperor are the ones that are expecting your parents to arrive."

Finally, the implications sank in the hearts of the students. But even then, many remained complacent. Most of the students never did anything to aggravate the teachers and the gazes of multiple students focused on Nei Li and Shen Yue.

It was at this time, Ray raised his hands and asked with a sad expression.

"Sir, but my parents—"

"No need to worry, Ye Ray. Your letter will be sent to your in-laws."

Nik smiled and continued, "You are one of the rarest talent seen in the city. So, having your elders nurture you is quite important."

Ray thought for a while and then nodded. Maybe Nik's words could help the Snow Wind Family focus on him even further.

The mood for the rest of the time remained grim while Shen Xiu took over the lectures once again. She was intrigued by the idea of Parent-teacher meetings, too. In fact, she would very much like to confront the parents of the rogue Nei Li, who has been pestering over her family's prestige more than once.

In the martial class, as the kids gathered on the ground and much to Nik's satisfaction, wore proper training clothes that could assist their movements rather than hindering them, Nik separated Ye Ziyun, Ning'er, and Ryu'er from the rest of the class and let Xiu handle the teachings. This move caused Nei Li's gaze to focus on Nik, but till now, his teacher gave Nei Li no reason to move against him.

And even if Nik did something, he couldn't care less about the feelings of a 15-year-old teen with a past incarnate crush.

As the class trained, Nik stood in front of the trio and spoke somberly, "Ye Ziyun and Ryu'er, it was unjust of me for not showing up in your very first training session. I apologize."

Then he turned towards Ning'er and spoke with a softer tone, "And I heard that you assisted Ryu'er in her training, thank you."

Ryu'er secretly gulped while Ye Ziyun couldn't help but feel slightly sour as her childhood friend eagerly helped a stranger instead of herself. She bit her lips while Ryu'er spoke up, "Ehm... Teacher, it ain't— wasn't your fault," Ryu'er hastily corrected her dialect into a formal one and continued, "Teacher Shen Xiu taught us well. And then, Xiao Ning'er and Sister Korra helped us gain proficiency in basics, she—"

"Oh, yeah, I heard that Korra did a number on you two," Nik nodded with a sigh as Ryu'er flinched in embarrassment. She must defeat that bear to regain her glory in front of Nik as an alpha!

"Anyway, you three will work on the techniques that Shen Xiu taught, and I'll correct any minor technicalities she might have left."

The three nodded at Nik's words and distanced themselves appropriately to start their training.

The complications of their routine broadened the horizons of the students who were honing their foundational techniques. Out of them, Nei Li's eyes finally constricted. To him, Nik was already a pretentious pervert luring girls into his apprenticeship, but it was only after understanding the insights hidden in the complicated moves did Nei Li realize that what the trio was practicing was far above something like— Basic Technique.

This was a technique that could match the hidden techniques of the legendary Tang Clan of the olden era. Even when Nei Li only found a tiny portion of the method during his past incarnate's travel, it still thrived from the Tang Clan that produced human gods that ascended to the higher plane. But even their techniques failed to provide such a fresh insight into martial arts.

Nei Li's gaze heated. His already saturated mind felt the thirst for knowledge, and his view about Nik changed promptly.

Instead of focusing on the techniques practiced by the entire class, Nei Li started to shift his movements alongside the technique being practiced by the trio, and it was then when it hit him— the reason for Nik's recruitment of females as his disciples.

Ordinary men might not have been able to differentiate, but to Nei Li, it was as bright as a sunny day.

This martial technique was tailored for a woman. 

While the realization brought a slight tinge of depression, it did not make Nei Li any less envious, and he kept on following their moves. Meanwhile, Nik kept on focusing on each of the trio's movements. There were a few errors in their actions, but overall, the three were already quite proficient with Ning'er being the most skilled out of the three.

"Good, Ryu'er, you need to take a softer approach. Being aggressive would reduce your pace. And Ziyun, you need to become more nimble. I will create a few stretching exercises for you, too."

Ryu'er flinched because she always thought that a living being should fight aggressively while Ye Ziyun faltered as Nik casually remarked her using her first name. It was a strange feeling for her. And when Ning'er thought in reluctance that Nik had nothing to say for her, Nik looked towards her and smiled, "Keep on continuing like this. You are doing great.

51