A Teacher’s Responsibility
2.1k 2 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nik felt proud of himself as he drew an inscription pattern on the board and then looked towards his students. While Xiu felt slightly amused at Nik's antics, the students remained unimpressed as one of the three girls, that grew close to Nik after he helped them out financially, groaned in distress, "Teacher, drawing inscription patterns is not in this trimester's curriculum!" Her words froze Nik's smile as his reaction pulled laughter from the class.

"Ehm," Nik cleared his throat and displayed the thickness of his skin as he pointed at the inscription on the board, "You all will be pleased to know that your most awesome teacher knows theories about Inscriptions that even professor Lu Ye cannot fathom."

Nik posed while one of the boys spoke up, "Teach! When are you beating the family heads of the other families?!"

The faces of the kids emerging from the noble families grew slightly dark. Nik's relationship with his class was quite good, except for a few troublemakers. So, being teased by his own students was not uncommon, and Nik took the controversial topic like a champ and smiled, "Soon! Don't worry, the kids who have high scores in the monthly assessments will get an invitation as I plummet the family heads of the aristocracies!"

"Yeaaa!!!!"

Commoner students cackled loudly as Lu Piao spoke up with a lively expression, "Teach, come and beat my old man first! He keeps forcing me to train!"

Lu Piao emerged from a lower-level aristocratic family— The Lu Family. His words made Nei Li sigh in distress while a few courageous youths hoping that their transgression won't reach their fathers, hurriedly stood up and invited Nik with a like-minded expression.

"Mine, too!" A rather loud girl stood up with rosy cheeks as Lu Piao's expression fell. The girl that stood up just now was his childhood friend and fiancee. The dark-pink haired girl looked at Lu Piao and smiled cruelly. His expression fell as he was almost sure that him inviting Nik would most surely reach his old man's ears. Nik's following words did not help him either, "Alright, Lu Piao, after kicking your dad's ass, I will feel like a cup of wine to commemorate the addition of another family head's defeat to my list. I'll leave that task with you."

"Eh? Teach, I was just kidding. I mean—"

Lu Piao struggled to speak when faced with Nik's wolfish grin as he felt that this moment might be the right time to push all the family heads against him so that it could get more comfortable to challenge them in the future.

"Listen up, kids!"

Nik smacked his palm on the bench and attracted the attention of the bubbly classroom.

"I might as well make it clear that I'll challenge all the family heads! Yea, you got that right! Even the family heads of the three high noble families!"

Nik announced with a fervent expression, making everyone present in the classroom gawk as he theatrically spread his arms, "So, keep on practicing, students. I'm gonna prove that I don't need no Spirit Rings to defeat the spirit masters!"

'And that I am gonna be the most awesome teacher in your life!'

He added internally. Nik's words silenced the class momentarily before they all exclaimed loudly. Outraged were the kids that belonged to the noble lineages and excited were the ones who believed that Nik's action could trigger a revolution in the society!

"Don't you think this is going too far?" Xiu finally inquired with slight hesitation on her expression as Nik turned on his heels and grinned, "Not at all! In fact, the defeat of the family heads of Glory City...

Doesn't that sound like a good conversation over a cup of wine?"

Nik then pointed at the uproar he created behind his back and nailed Xiu with his gaze, "They certainly seem willing to pour me a cup of wine. When I knock on your family's door, I'll feel satisfied if you host me well!"

While Shen Xiu kept a calm exterior, a part of her livened up. Meanwhile, as she thought that her nephew would finally object to Nik's infuriating comments, Shen Yue retained a casual expression as if he was unaffected by Nik's words. After his personal counseling, Shen Yue's behavior had taken a turn for better. He became focused, and the luxuries that came with the title— Genius of the Sacred Family— failed to move him. With his arms crossed, Shen Yue kept looking at Nik, engrossed by the charm of a man willing to upturn the city and felt slightly enlightened.

At this time, Ning'er couldn't help but raise her hands as she inquired the question that eluded her, "Teacher... why? To go to such great lengths...

What is the motive?"

Nik focused on Ning'er. His real motive was to complete his mission. That was all. He did not feel the need to trigger a revolution or anything that can only appear in the minds of the noble existences. Still, keeping his appearance as a teacher was of un utmost importance.

"Demonstration," Nik replied calmly, "To demonstrate that the education of you kids is of the highest priority. The more educated and resourceful you all are, the brighter is the future of the city. The old will be replaced, and I am merely taking the first of many steps."

Nei Li felt like interjecting that Nik's words resembled a fool's errand, but strangely, even the three-hundred-year-old reincarnator felt slightly attracted to the idea. While Nik and Nei Li kept cutting each other's paths and the fact that the boy did not believe Nik with Ziyun's future, Nik was a darn good teacher that took his job seriously. The fact that Nik could draw a hardly accurate Inscription already painted Nik as a determined and responsible man.

'Maybe I should help him during his fight with the Sacred Family... if he actually decides to challenge them.'

Nei Li decided as Ning'er nodded and sat down. Her father was the family head of the Winged Dragon Family, and even if the dragon martial spirits were hailed as one of the stronger spirits, the overall talent in cultivation stunned their growth. Even her father was merely a Rank 4 Spirit Ancestor with four spirit rings.

"Alright, that was a wonderful tangent, but," Nik grinned maliciously and picked the stick of chalk once again and then walked towards the board, "We're gonna start with the advance inscription marks of the wind element."

His grin was reciprocated with distressed groans as one of the girls he helped out financially and grew closer to rolled her eyes and spoke with discontent, "Teach, instead of all this, give us a world lesson! A fun one!"

Her words garnered voices of approval from her classmates as Nik thought for a while before shaking his head with a smile, "Someday else. I promise. But now, we all are going to focus on these patterns, all right?"

Finally, under Nik's relentless persuasion, the class agreed to study before they were brought to the martial field to train. 

The rest of Nik's day passed uneventfully. It was only Yin's surprise when Nik decided to for even more advance materials to study did something different happened in Nik's day.

47