Moon Demon (2)
3.3k 2 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Your powers are too great, so are your uses... my blood shall seal your abilities, bind your mind—"

"Psych!"

As the somber words kept on chanting within the demon's consciousness, the surface of sobriety was broken by an uncharacteristically loud and cheerful shout, plunging the barely stable consciousness into a maelstrom of insanity that finally urged her to avenge her brother.

Deep down, the demon also failed to hear the previous somber and commando voice. Her thoughts reached out towards the empty memories she and her brother made together while living the life of empty humans.

She loved him dearly! As the eldest, she is supposed to protect him, and yet, she could not even bid farewell to her brother as he left this world.

Hatred!

Burn!

Kill!

Her emotions distorted into a maddened monstrosity as her exterior flesh formed multiple, grotesque mouth with large fangs and gushing saliva as they howled.

'Another Blood Art? This isn't how it is supposed to play out...'

Nik frowned and looked around. The earthen wall— better called the wall filled with large, human-sized holes— easily made it possible for the grim Saeko and frightened Yuriko to witness the battle.

Thinking for a moment, Nik finally decided against the plan to hide his true abilities and induce Saeko to intervene. That kind of plan would be riddled with multiple variables that would risk the both of them. Finally, the blazing golden aura finally receded within his body.

'I am the least proficient in the breath of war god... while the breath of water and wind are not destructive enough... 

Not to mention, the Breath of Lightning simply couldn't oliberate the entirety of the massive flesh at once...'

Finally, with only a single, possible option left, Nik took a deep breath while continuing making the demon thrash around aimlessly while his Hamon infused Pheromones started corroding the surface of the flesh extremely slowly. The effect was minuscule at best. But it gave Nik the time to prepare and present the actual fruit of his training.

His training schedule spanned for almost 12 hours with regular intervals of respite where he would train in the three styles of Breathing Technique and also the foundational technique of the way of Hamon Manipulation under Shizuka followed by a brutal spar against Shigure and Saeko.

But even in this packed schedule, Nik finally decided to exhaust himself each day by adding the training to manipulate his Pheromones... and gravity.

Right now, aside from the water, Nik was the most proficient in Gravity Bending, followed by Lightning and Wind with the purity lightning and Light elements at the far ends.

Calming his breath, Nik's gaze focused over towards the screaming demon and finally, his eyes could see densely packed threads exuding a tremendous pressure and yet, the entire energy seemed to be passing over to each one of them present akin to a gentle wave of the wind.

"Honestly... I hope this goes as anti-climactic as possible..."

Whispering under his breath, Nik brought his palms closer to each other and instantly, more than half of the body of the demon was squashed, prompting yet another scream when Nik's palms finally clasped together.

"I apologise for not having a name for this technique yet..."

He continued and finally, his gaze sharpened as he observed the extremely tiny and compressed piece of meat, his Pheromones instantly covered the entirety of the squashed demon meat and in almost a few moments, the remaining dregs of the demon turned into ashes.

Finally, Nik slowly let loose the tightened the gravitational wavelengths. He wasn't proficient enough to infuse his own Hamon into the natural gravity, neither was he an expert that could control the gravity with the flick of his hand. He needed the time to prepare and concentrate to use the natural gravitational wavelengths instead of his own Gravity Elemental Energy.

But, just this move allowed Nik to glean insight on various applications of gravity with many of them being fairly obvious but still demanding monumental training and practice.

Seeing the clear patch of land, Nik activated his [Life Vision] to confirm the kill followed by a few messages from the system before he saw a dark blue medallion floating up from the location of the fallen demon.

Slowly walking up, Nik pocketed the medallion and finally let the fatigue accumulated by his consciousness due to such a reckless manipulation hit him.

Nik staggered single time before falling into the state of unconsciousness.

***

Within a dark dungeon, a pale-skinned man's eyes snapped open, revealing soft-pink eyes with vertical slits as his snow-white hair cascaded over his broad shoulders and his perfectly carved face still couldn't hide his scowl.

"Another lower demon moon fell... honestly, why did I even go beyond the Upper Demon Moon?"

But soon, clarity returned to his eyes and he looked down, focusing onto a half assimilated pillar as his flesh seemed to distort from below his torso as the man greedily absorbed the strange statues.

"This is the truth... the answers were always within my own blood."

He smiled and licked his lips as pink flower-like patterns soon formed over his face before reaching down his neck and chest.

***

"I don't believe it!"

Lisa Lisa slammed her palms against the table when she kept on getting updated on the situation. 

There was a certain sense of confidence within her when she assigned Nik to slay the lower demon moon, but the abilities he just showed seemed to overshadow every single genius Lisa Lisa had ever seen.

And that list included her own son— Jojo!

77