42 – Keep your head down
1k 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The girls look stunned. They blink, looking at each other, as the effects the ring is having on them slowly dissolves.

I would hope that a tiny bit would remain, but…

Speaking of dissolving, the Morningstar gives me a confused look, she looks down at her hands, falls to her knees and with a silent screams disappears like the morning’s dew.

I have a feeling I won’t hear from her for a long, long time.

“What’s going on?” Claire blinks, looking at her hands as if she’s seeing them for the first time.

“Bad day at work…” my sister mumbles as she detaches herself from Tina.

“Hey, sorry… I have no idea what’s going on, are you alright?”

“I have no idea what’s going on but I need a whiskey,” Miss Jimenez groans, touching her head.

“Yes… maybe it’s better if we all leave before something worse happens,” I say, looking at all of them for one last time. The last time they will all be together with me like that, most likely. “See you at school… and at home, big sis. Sorry about the mess.”

I fit my hands into my pockets and leave the café.

On my way out of the mall, I look at my right hand.

It’s empty. The ring has completely disappeared.


Once home I lay on my bed, looking up at the ceiling and trying to understand where I go from here.

I should probably buy a new phone. At this point it’s highly unlikely I will ever see my own again. I don’t really think Miss Jimenez will ever give it back to me… and I should probably find a job to buy a new one.

I should also get a job to find a new home. I don’t think my sister will want to have anything to do with me after the shit I pulled.

Starting tomorrow I will go back to my old life – at least in a few weeks I will finish high school and then… I can maybe leave all this behind me.

I liked those words, though.

You’re mine.

I liked hearing them.

But now all that is gone.

Just like the Morningstar. I wonder how Grandpa is going to be affected by it… I should probably try and contact him, at least ask how he’s doing. I hope this does not mean his bitches knifed him to death or anything like that.

“He’s fine,” says the usual voice behind me. “What’s that look, my friend? Did you think I would die because you broke the ring’s spell?”

“I… uff, can you please stop doing that? That scared me half to death.”

“Only half? You are improving.”

She’s wearing a kimono, of all things. One of the colourful ones you see girls in visual novels put on for the summer festival – it’s black and golden-rimmed, decorated with a star chart which I do not recognize. Maybe it comes from her world, whatever that might be.

As always, I feel the same pull to just look at her, with how beautiful she looks.

“So… why are you here? I saw you die.”

Theatrics,” she says bowing, the same confident smile always pulling her thin red lips. “I told you I am in this for the fun. I had a good run and I really wanted to say thanks for each and every laughter I had.”

“Yeah…” I reply rolling my eyes. “You’re welcome I guess. Had a lot of fun at my expense.”

“Don’t be like that come on. You enjoyed it as well. And could have kept enjoying it… you are the first mortal who renounces the ring’s power since I made it. That’s impressive.”

“Thanks, I suppose. Ah… you don’t happen to have any job offers in your world, do you?”

“Transporting you to my world is beyond my power right now. Unless I can tempt you with an offer of your soul…”

“Hard pass. I have had just about enough of souls, magic and all that. I just want to go back to my games and my life right now.”

“Very well. It was nice meeting you at the very least. You do seem to have an interesting spirit. If you keep growing, and you reincarnate on my world, perhaps we will have this conversation again… who knows, I might be able to provide you with an offer you cannot refuse. Until then, goodbye.”

She bows once again and disappears into the floor like she did the first time.

From below, I hear my sister opening the door.


To find the full novel (only up to 60% will be published here) together with exclusive POV chapters and even more sexy scenes, you can follow this link (or click on the sexy pic below).

⬇⬇⬇

71rSNbCIXBL._SY522_.jpg

I suppose that’s that, hm? Our protagonist will never be happy again, and he’s probably going to get a beating from his sis… you can stop reading now and go on with your life…

… unless…

13