Indulging in curiosity
118 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~To Captain Edward of the Concordia~

I thank you for treating my crew with such hospitality

I have been informed by the same crew that you are

are merchant vessel, so I would like to offer to be your first client,

there is a small collection of islands two day's travel from our current location,

I would like of offer we go there for negotiations. 

If you are willing, that is, I shall be waiting for your word.

Yours sincerely Captain of the Adaline, Ian Evergreen.

 

After reading the note on the cloth I burn it and then send my reply saying that we will follow behind them and use the islands as a neutral territory of sorts, for us to discuss Captain to Captain without worrying about one ship firing upon the other, tying my reply to the hawk, it then flies back to the Adaline.

Now onto something more important that I have been curious about for years after watching a cooking compilation and the TV series Hannibal.


As the three ships set sail, we can see Captain Edward in the kitchen preparing what looks like some good old sausage rolls.

He starts off with putting some cuts of red meat into a meat grinder, slowly adding more and more meat until he ends up with 10kgs of ground meat. But always remember to clean and check your meat, you don't want any metal, bone or contaminated meat, ruining the whole meal.

From there he separates the 10kgs into quarters, with one of the quarters he adds one whole diced onion, two eggs, a couple handfuls of breadcrumbs and some salt and pepper.

From there he mixes it all together with his hands, the cold, wet and grainy mix slipping through his fingers every time he mixes it, bringing back some memories of when he was back in school and him and his mates made sausage rolls during cooking class.

After preparing the meat, he spawns some sheet pastry, cutting them in half lengthwise, then laying down the meat on one side and rolling it to completion, adding some water where the seams meet so they stick together...after repeating that process multiple times and adding some small variations to the other mixes, he waits...and waits...and waits...until he hears the ringing as a timer goes off(The timer being a little version of his demon self)telling him that the sausage rolls are ready to be taken out of the oven.


^^^^^

A couple of minutes after the ringing of the timer goes off, we can see the crew of the Concordia setting up multiple wooden tables, one table filled with a variety of bottled drinks, and the others slowly getting plates of sausage rolls put atop them.

Once everything has settled down, the crew of the Concordia, that being 2000 people, start chatting, eating and drinking with each other, casting a nice soothing atmosphere across the ships deck. Even the Captain can be seen, taking a slow hesitant bite of his sausage roll, and then slowly speeding up as he finds that he likes their taste.


It has been two days since we set off and the islands are slowly coming into view, and I still cannot forget the taste of those sausage rolls, I mean they were absolutely delicious, like imagine your favourite food, then imagine the most delicious thing that you have eaten in your whole life, okay, now imagine both of them as being made out of sewer water because those sausage rolls made everything else taste like shit. And because of that I'm pretty sure it's my new demon tastebuds, because those sausage rolls were filled with human meat and some spices, so I guess demons love the tase of human meat or they like the taste of sentient beings.

But luckily because of that discovery, I wasn't that bored, as I spent the two whole days making more sausage rolls, burgers, meatballs, kababs, steaks and many more meat dishes, but instead of eating them, I decided to put them all into my inventory to save them for when I go to hell, I mean if I love them, then wouldn't other demons love them as well? and I am a merchant so I can make a good amount of profit from them, it also helps that I can travel to and from hell, so I'm guessing that human/sentient beings' meat is in short supply.

Anyway, moving away from my monologuing, we have finally reached the islands or more precisely two small islands and one long stretch of sand bank connecting both islands.

Anchoring the Concordia closer to the island on the right, the Adaline and Reaver anchoring closer to the island to the left, after making sure that I have not forgotten anything I hop into a small rowboat.

Getting into the small rowboat, I take with me 4 of my men fully armed obviously, and a notebook that has the name and description of the items we have for trade...obviously not including the souls or dishes that I made with human meat.


It takes the men a good hour of rowing for us to make landfall on the sandbank, with me wearing:

See the source image

^(Picture of what he is wearing but without the small skull, and he only has one cutlas and one dagger on his left hip and a 1911 holstered on his right) Picture link:(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c6/a7/54/c6a754871a7c4f3dbe3130851c776aa3.jpg)

 

Once we land on the sandbank, I can already see Captain Ian, and his bodyguard getting out of their rowboat.

Making our way to the relative middle ground, I finally come face to face with Captain Ian, and my first observation of him is, well seasoned(Not in the food sense) he looks to be in his 40's, skin shining bronze littered with more scars than the four guys surrounding him combined and sharp green eyes that tell of a long life of hardships.

 

Captain Edward: "Captain Edward Cunningham, with the beautiful ship Concordia at my back"

Captain Ian: "Captain Ian Evergreen, with the old workhorse of a ship Adaline at my command, well meet Captain Edward"

3