201. Why are you here, woman?
350 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Then the famous scene replayed where Ned ordered to get the puppies killed but Bran came forward, being the kind boy he was, stopping his father in doing something such horrendous.

"You will take care of him, bathe him, train him and bury him." Ned gave his orders and Bran was just happy that he was able to have one for himself and also for his sisters. He was sure Arya would love one for herself. 

The two servants along with Theon came forward to take the pups. And after taking them in their hands, the two servants who had handled the body of the dead deserter, followed them along with the whole group and within an hour they were back at Winterfell. 

Ned didn't speak a word of what had transpired and just went on with his work while the other children just went around to speak of what had happened. The two servants soon showed up at the hall when nobody was around. 

"Did you take care of him?" Ned asked as he looked at the distant beyond Winterfell while standing on the side of the window.

"Yes. Our teacher helped us in making his memory blurry and sent him somewhere, a place where nobody could find him nor recognize him." One of the servant said. Of course, these two servants were disguised and took the face of other servants who worked under House Stark. 

These two servants were Arya and Jon. And Jon for the first time got to see his oneself so closely. Arya even commented he looked so weird without the beard and he looked so young here. 

"I hope the storm passes by soon." Ned sighed as he said that. He was scared of the future but also assured because he knew what he needed to do to escape this plight of his family. His family was very important to him and thus it held the utmost importance. 

He had decided to take matters into his own hands.


While this was happening, something else was going on in Konoha. It was one fine day, that Shisui had come out with a smile on his face. A sense of accomplishment had washed off as he was finally able to finally negotiate the survival of his clan and he would be able to keep his words to Itachi. 

He knew that the Patriarch had already started to doubt him but he would have to reach a common ground. Here the common ground was that he would manipulate the Patriarch and make him serve Konoha forever. 

But he was happy to early it seemed. As he was on his way to meet the Patriarch, he stumbled and instantly he came to the realization that he was poisoned. He couldn't understand the reason but when Danzo showed up with the root organisation, he knew that this was a set up and he would be killed. 

"Danzo.." Shisui was seething in anger when he saw him come out of the shadows. 

"Shisui.. Kotomatsukami.. A visual jutsu that could create false experiences. Such an amazing ability and you want to waste it to stop a coup. How unfortunate that an Uchiha doesn't know how to use Sharingan." Danzo said.

Danzo went on a ramble how his plans of controlling the Uchiha was a stopgap measure and one day the clan would rise against the village. For this the clan needed to be exterminated. Of course Shisui was having none of it.

And thus the fight started with Shisui vs Danzo and his organization. The fight happened just as usual and Shisui, even when he was being poisoned heavily. Shisui was really a genius of Uchiha and he alone was able to take down most of the root organization and almost came out victorious. 

But Shisui himself was in his way to hell as the poison was too potent even for him. The root organisation had once cultivated poison with the help of Shikuro, so they used that poison on him before. 

At the end Shisui and Danzo were on their knees but Danzo was still well off. He still had his bandages on his arm and his eye. Just when Danzo was about to take one eye of Shisui, a sword came flying in and just before the hand of Danzo was cut, Danzo backed off. 

If he was a few milli-seconds late he would have lost his hand. He shuddered with the thought of it. He was also furious thinking who had the audacity to make such a sneak attack on him. He turned to see a woman with a very long hair and a face that seemed like she had just come crawling out of hell. 

Danzo immediately recognized her. 

Retsu Unohana. 

One of the emerging doctors of the Konoha Hospital, there had been rumors that she was better than Princess Tsunade. The root had actually tried to recruit her but she refused to move and Danzo wasn't that interested at the time as he had other important work to look after. Since Unohana came from outside, he also didn't trust her and had actually put her under surveillance. 

But then soon he came to know where she belonged and so out of fear, he took away the surveillance. And then he came to know what had gone down with his colleagues. Danzo's eyes shone as he needed something to go to war against Aoto. 

Though he knew that this would be quite difficult as Aoto was too powerful. But then Sarutobi gave a gag order of never to speak again after what had happened in the mansion. Danzo almost was ready to fight after hearing the order with Sarutobi but he only gave the explanation that it was Konoha who had failed Naruto and Aoto, not the other way around. 

"Why are you here, woman?" Danzo asked as he side eyed to see where Aoto and the rest were as he was sure that they were here.

Announcement
Read 45 more chapters on my patreon
18