Chapter 24 – Irony Is Sweet, But Breakfast Is Sweeter
2.4k 19 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s really warm…

The first thoughts that came from the bucket of consciousness that got dumped all over my brain were nice. I was in bed snuggled up with my favorite blanket, I could tell which one it was because it was extra fuzzy, and my stuffed bunny Cocoa. The starlight… er, sunlight coming in from the window was dim, but noticeable enough to my closed eyes. I figured that it was early enough that I had some time to enjoy this moment before getting ready for work. I snuggled a little deeper into my blanket cocoon. I don’t know why I don’t bring this blanket to bed more often.

Wait, hold on… Things aren’t adding up here. I don’t usually use my favorite blanket in my room because I keep it on the couch. How did it get up here? Actually, how did I get up here? I don’t even remember coming to bed. Was I just that tired last night? I mean, I feel like I’m well rested now at least. That’s a little weird. I don’t ever remember being prone to memory lapses when I’m super sleepy, and I’ve pulled some really inadvisable all-nighters before. 

Ah well, no harm done. I got to bed safe and I woke up early enough to get ready for work even without setting an alarm, which was nice. I hated having to wake up to sudden noises. 

I took a few moments to really enjoy a good morning stretch. I still wasn’t used to the way my body felt in the best way. Yesterday morning’s… experimenting was really nice, but I had a feeling that there was a whole lot more that I hadn’t even touched on yet. And not only in the sense of sexual things. I had the distinct feeling that I was a bit more limber than I was before. No achy anything, no joint popping, no feeling of tension. It was really, really nice. 

After thoroughly enjoying the way the muscles in my back felt when I stretched myself into an arch, I ruefully parted from my comfy bed as I had to every morning before work. A quick check of my clock showed that I had an hour and a half until I had to leave, so I had time to get a shower. Maybe not an exciting shower, but at least a hot shower is a good way to start the day regardless.

And so I went. I took a little extra time just enjoying the hot water, though I didn't do much besides bathing. There was a little bit of playful groping, but that was purely for a more base amusement than a sexual one. It seems like it will be a little while before the novelty of having  boobs of a very squishable size wears off. 

I was feeling pretty good overall as I was drying off. Giggly even. Everything that I was doing was painfully mundane, yet I felt so much better about it than I had before. I was so comfortable in my own skin that I laughed to myself from an overabundance of joy. Not for any particular reason, but just because I was happy. 

Getting dressed didn’t really stop that train from chugging along either. I channeled giddiness into my wardrobe selection for the day. I didn’t have to do anything on a job site today, so I could stand to dress a little more relaxed than if I had to go help paint or something. Nope, only a meeting with a client, a sizable chunk of paperwork, and a good amount of design editing/revisions. 

Therefore, I chose to wear one of the sweater dresses that I had procured during the shopping trip with Liz. This one was less monotone than the pink one. This was sky blue with white diamonds going down the arms and along the sides. It was just as comfy, though it was a bit different cut so it showed a little deeper of a neckline. No biggie though, since it didn’t go down that much past my collar bones. 

The rest of my outfit was pretty easy. Jeans were going to be a little too much blue, so I went with a pair of black leggings. (A safe bet that would work just fine with the rest of the outfit) Then I decided to put a little extra into my sock choice. I had gotten some cute patterned socks that were ankle cut. You wouldn’t really be able to see them once I put my shoes on, but I would know that they had cute cherry blossom trees on them. 

Notably, there were still several bags and things on the end of my bed on the side that I didn’t sleep on since I never really got around to putting the rest of it away. I did end up getting awfully distracted yesterday. Oh well, that was a job for the me after work. Sorry later me. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten. 

Bathed, clothed, and ready to face the world, I made my way towards the door to head downstairs and get some quick breakfast. When I started paying attention to the outside world though, I became aware of the smell of breakfast foods. There was also a distinct sense of deja vu. 

With a little bit of confusion, I meandered my way towards the smell of tasty food. I could hear the sizzling of a skillet when I got to the base of the stairs. That and some slight clattering of dishes. 

Truly enough, as I turned into the kitchen I was greeted by Liz preparing plates while bacon sizzled away in the pan. I had to take a second to come to terms with the outfit that Liz was wearing. And by a second I mean an indeterminate amount of time that I stared uselessly at Liz while she wore a tight, black, muscle tank with some band logo or something on it that I wasn’t familiar with. It left her modestly muscled arms completely bare, and I knew that those modest muscles didn’t do how strong she actually was justice. Her lighter blue jeans had a few tasteful rips in them that exposed little bites of the smooth legs hidden beneath. Her hair was up in a ponytail like she had done it before, leaving enough loose strands to frame her face with perfectly black hair around bronze skin.

The most distracting thing that she wore though was her smile. Corny, I know, but it was true. She wasn’t grinning widely ear to ear or anything, she was just smiling gently. I could see in her eyes though that the peaceful smile she wore was important. I have no idea why that was the feeling I got, but it’s hard to think too hard when there’s a hot girl making breakfast in your kitchen, okay?

“-am?” 

A voice crept into my awareness. One that I felt like I needed to pay attention to. “Huwah?” I responded eloquently. 

“I said you can go ahead and grab a plate. Everything is pretty much ready.” Liz said pleasantly, her smile going a little lopsided.

My heart did flips, but at least my legs and arms knew what they were doing. Muttering a quiet “Oh, okay. Thanks.” I walked over to grab one of the plates that Liz had prepared and… they were really warm. Did she seriously warm up the plates too? How much work did she put into this?

I was confused by a great many things, but the smell of fresh food first thing in the morning really did the trick at keeping the majority of my curiosities at bay. I loaded my plate full of bacon, scrambled eggs, hash browns, and some sausage and veggie breakfast tacos. It sounded like a lot on paper, but with my appetite increase this was probably about right. Liz and I would tear through this heartily.

I loaded my plate up while Liz turned the stove off and got herself served up. She grabbed a bottle of hot sauce and brought it to the table along with her plate and a cup of orange juice she had already poured. I got myself some milk to go with breakfast and followed Liz into the dining room to sit down and eat. 

Before I dug in though, I wanted to give a more proper thanks to Liz for going so far to make breakfast for the both of us. “Liz…” I said as we both sat down with our food. “Thanks for um… making breakfast and everything. I can tell you put care into it. It all looks really good.”

Liz’s smile widened again a bit lopsidedly. “No problem. You made dinner yesterday, and lunch too for that matter. It’s only fair that I do some work too.”

“But you helped me with both of those things.” I rebutted.

Liz nodded while taking her first bite of bacon. “Yup, but you planned the meals. Meal planning is a chore in and of itself. I only lent a hand during the actual ‘making’ part of the meal.”

I opened my mouth to argue, but stopped just as quickly when I realized that she was right. Liz seemed to see through my moment of recognition and grinned just a touch wider while taking another big bite of bacon. Blushing and without retort, I busied myself with a forkful of scrambled eggs. 

Oh and were they good scrambled eggs. Liz must have learned some tricks from her parents, because this was every bit as good as what I had had when Damian made breakfast. We definitely didn’t get anything overly fancy, so it must be a recipe thing. And here I thought that they just had wildly expensive groceries. 

It didn’t take long for Liz and I to wolf down (pun intended) our very generous servings of breakfast. All of it was fantastic, and we didn’t really talk while we focused on our meal. Once we were done though, Liz and I brought our dishes to the kitchen to get started on the cleanup. 

As Liz was starting to wash the first plate she asked, “So when do you actually have to leave for work? I figure it must not be too long if you woke up as early as you did.”

I shrugged. “I usually leave at about quarter till eight. The place I work is only about a five minute drive away, so it hardly takes any effort at all to make it there by the time we open at eight o’clock.”

Liz nodded as she passed the plate to me to dry and put away. “That should give us plenty of time to clean up. Pretty convenient.”

“Yeah, it is.” I responded as the first dish went back into the cabinet. “You seem awfully chipper for being awake this early in the morning.” I added.

Liz shrugged in response. “I have early meetings sometimes for my grad program. If I have to be up early sometimes, I might as well be up early all the time.”

I tilted my head incredulously, not believing that somebody would willfully wake up early every day just so they could be up early on the days that they needed to be up early. I didn’t really have anything worth saying though, so I just continued with helping on cleanup duty.

It didn’t take the two of us all that long to clean up. Once we did, Liz excused herself to grab the stuff that she needed to bring for school stuff while she sat at the cafe. I already had my phone, which had been charging on the recliner, and my purse that Delilah gave me so that was about everything that I needed. 

Carrying a purse to work was equal parts exciting and anxiety inducing, but this dress didn’t have pockets and I was way too happy about wearing it to care about other little things like the background worries in my head. Phone in purse, purse on shoulder, and shoulder tense with anticipation I was ready for work. 

Liz came downstairs wearing her leather jacket and with a laptop bag slung over her own shoulder. The both of us were ready to head out, and so we did. I actually got to drive this time since I had my license on me. Liz happily climbed into the passenger seat and buckled in for the ride. 

It really didn’t take long to get to work. I lived in the same part of town, so the distance was negligible. I would walk to work a lot of days if I didn’t have to have my car nearby for surprise jobsite visits that sometimes sprung up. A handful of intersections later, and we were already there.

Full Moon Renovations. Full service with sky high standards. Or at least that’s what it said on the sign out front in bold italic letters under a drawing of the moon. 

You know, a part of me finds it really ironic that this is where I’m at in life. A trans girl who works at a place called Full Moon Renovations gets turned into a werewolf which gives her a magical transition. Or well, a Were of some kind. I still wasn’t really sure what my aspect was. But still, my point stands.

Chuckling came from the passenger seat, where Liz couldn’t help but have a goofy smile. “Seriously?” She asked with amused disbelief.

I cringed as I answered, “Yeah, I’m just realizing it myself.”

Still at the tail end of her laughter Liz pointed out the window to the other side of the street from where we had parked. “Is that the cafe that you were talking about?”

Thankful for the change of topic, I nodded in affirmation. “Yeah, it’s a family owned place as far as I know. It’s pretty nice. I’ve been there plenty of times after work with my friends.”

Liz glanced at the surroundings for a few moments before shrugging. “Seems like it’s a more comfortable choice than just sitting on a public bench somewhere. It should work just fine.”

It struck me that Liz had really prepared herself to just… sit outside on a bench nearby if there wasn’t a better option. I’d never questioned her commitment to her promise to help me, and that sure as heck didn’t make it come into question. I was almost a little sad that she was so resolute, as a part of me still didn’t feel right for letting Liz take so much responsibility and going so far out of her way to make things right. 

“Anyways, have a good day at work.” Liz called back while stepping out of the car to head across the street to the diner. 

I stepped out of the car as well and responded, “Good luck with your schoolwork!” 

Liz waved back at me and made her way to the restaurant. That left me to deal with the impending crisis of work. Well, that was an exaggeration. I was nervous, but not that nervous. 

Taking a deep breath to steel my resolve, I made my way towards work.

I'm back! Sort of. I missed last week due to some medical issues flaring up that make it really difficult to write. I don't know how long it'll last at the moment obviously, but I know it has been drastically slowing my writing process. I hope you understand if I end up at a slower pace with my releases.

But! I have been fueled with power from cute gay stories! My motivation is high and I will persevere!

Anways, this chapter was another cute morning with Liz. At this point they are par for the course, and maybe eventually I can leave their interactions more implied to increase the pace a little bit, but right now they are just too cute.

I hope you enjoyed! As always, have a galpadatic day!

62