Chapter 7 ~ A snowy day (2)
1.1k 9 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Purple lightning shot out from all over her body, this lightning only extended one meter in all directions.

That man let go of Violet's neck, and slowly fell beside her, and she finally took a deep breath.

She continued breathing for twenty seconds, and when she raised her head to see what had happened, she found herself sitting in a one meter pool of water. The heat of that lightning was enough to turn snow into water.

That man had turned to coal, his hair had become curly as if he had been struck by an electric bolt, and his eyes were white.

Violet was terrified of what she saw, her clothes had become wet with water, and the temperature of that water was dropping rapidly, so her clothes became so cold as if she was wearing a snow clothes.

Violet stood and looked left and right, but no one was there but the corpse of the man next to her, and the corpse of his friend, who had been devoured by the wolves. As for the third man, he ran away when he saw the wolves.

But that wasn't the thing Violet was looking for, she was looking for the source of the purple lightning, but she couldn't find anything.

She raised her head to the sky, but there is no lightning in the sky. Also, the sound of lightning was very close to her, why did it hit the man, and didn't hit her. Then Violet got sure of one thing;

"That wasn't my imagination… Lightning came out of my body…"

This was completely abnormal and it made Violet feel that there was something strange in herself, but the pain in her arm that had been bitten by the wolf didn't allow her to think too much. She had no choice but to head home.

But before she left, she wanted to make sure of one thing.

Violet placed her hand on that man's heart, then a look of regret and disappointment appeared on her face. Because his heart had stopped beating.

At that moment Violet was silent for a full minute, and the wind was blowing her hair left and right.

Then she sighed and said in a tone full of regret;

"Ah... I killed him... This must all just be a long nightmare, because if it wasn't, I would lose my mind."

Thoughts swirled in her mind, she was feeling sorry for becoming a murderer. At the same time, she was happy that she had saved herself.

She was satisfied with what happened because she only defended herself.

In this world, and in her previous world, she didn't saw anything extraordinary except in fairy tales. That's why Violet begins to doubt and believe that everything is just a long and big dream.

But...

'Damn that! If it was a dream then why am I feeling all this pain in my Arm!'

Violet started walking in the snow and saw the corpses of wolves that the man with the ax had killed, the snow in that spot turned red because of the abundance of blood.

Only two people came out alive from this incident, the first person is the man who escaped, and the second person is Violet.

She kept walking and walking, her clothes became very cold because they were soaked with water, Violet started to shiver, her teeth were quivering and her arm was bleeding. But after a quarter of an hour of walking home on this snowy road, the bleeding stopped because of the cold weather. Her arm turned from white to a blue-like color because she had lost a lot of blood, and the skin that had been bitten by the wolf became slightly swollen.

Her temperature began to drop, and her vision began to deteriorate in the middle of the road.

"Not now… I have to go back quickly, or he will die of illness."

*Buuff!*

Violet fell on the snowy ground and it became very difficult for her to breathe.

"No... I must move..."

Her body could no longer respond to her orders, and she gradually began to lose consciousness.

"Really… my victory in that battle was useless…"

Her eyes slowly started to close, and snow grains began to fall from the sky non-stop.

Snow continued to fall from the sky until it completely covered Violet's body.

It had been a full 4 hours, and Violet was still in the snow.

*Step*

*Step*

"Man, I don't like the icy lands."

"On the contrary, it's great."

There were two men walking in the path where Violet fell.

One of them was bald and dark-skinned, and the other was white-skinned and had blond hair.

"You love all kinds of islands. bro you have a strange taste, I still remember the day you told us you loved Alabasta, though we didn't even have enough water to drink. And now you say that you love this island where the snow never stops."

"But man, Alabasta was great! The grains of sand flying everywhere, and that sunshine, it's amazing. Same goes for this island, it's beautiful in its own way!"

"Sunshine? For me it was scorching sun. I prefer the islands that resemble the sabaody archipelago, If I were the captain of the ship, I and my crew would probably live on an island that resembled the archipelago."

"Be careful not to say such things in front of the captain!"

His friend sighed and said;

"I know, but man, we haven't found anything interesting on this island. Are we going to come back empty-handed? The captain will be very angry."

"You're right, even the women in this village are not that pretty. Akaki brought two women with big breasts to the captain, but their faces weren't that pretty. Do you remember what happened after that?"

"Yeah, the captain slapped Akaki, man… what will happen if we come back empty-handed…"

"I don't even want to think about that."

*buush!*

One of the two men stopped for a moment and looked down. His friend asked him, saying;

"What's up? why did you stop?"

"I feel like I stepped on something!"

"Huh? I only see snow, I guess it's just your imagination."

"No! I'm sure!"

That man started digging in the snow with his bare hands, then he felt like he touched something soft.

"This… like human skin!"

The man kept digging, and then Violet's body appeared to them.

His friend, who was standing, said in an astonished voice;

"Whew!"

The man who was digging brushed the snow off Violet's face and her hair, and then said in a low voice;

"Is that an angel?"

His friend pushed him until he fell on the snowy ground and said;

"Don't be stupid, she's human, but she's still young. I'll check her pulse."

That man put his hand on Violet's neck, at that moment his friend stood up and said;

"What's wrong with you, this snow is so cold, it got in my ear."

"Shh, I'm trying to focus."

The man who was trying to measure the pulse remained calm for a while and then said calmly; "She's alive..."

38