85 – Cold Reception
2.8k 17 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He didn't really want to think of the possibility of centuries. Unlike Shinigami it never was really clarified about Hollow whether they aged and died though it seemed unlikely as long as a Hollow continued to consume spirits. They could starve and degrade back to mindless Hollow however the only way towards death seemed to be for a Quincy to obliterate their soul or a Shinigami to purify it.

Part of him realised this meant eventually everyone he knew while alive would pass. Even if they become spirits that was still a temporary state where eventually their soul would be Bleached and they reincarnated as a blank slate. The only ones that might be able to stick with him in the long run were other Hollow like Harribel, the Tres Bestias, Nelliel, and Nelliel's Fracción.

That is if they didn't die of unnatural causes of course. Hueco Mundo wasn't a safe place for Hollow and Earth and Soul Society even less so. Plenty of possibilities for death. The only thing he could do was to continue helping them grow as he had done by turning them into Vasto Lorde before they even became Arrancar. This should massively improve their chances for survival. He was kind of stuck what else he could do for them. Once they became Arrancar he had no real clue how to help them grow further.

Just one of the many things he needed to figure out at some point. For now he needed to worry about how they were going to survive joining Las Noches and him possibly stealing the Hōgyoku from Aizen which were already more than enough to keep him occupied.

He sighed. 'Just put 10 points into Intelligence and the whats left over to Dexterity,' he ordered the system.

[Dexterity: 656 -> 658]

[Intelligence: 250 -> 260]

[Available Stat Points: 12 -> 0]

When they finally made it to the structure the Tres Bestias looked up at the walls of Las Noches with some trepidation.

Hisashi gave them an awkward smile. "We're going to be ok," he tried to comfort them. He wasn't even entirely sure himself though since usually he went into situations knowing he was completely able to deal with any challenge that may come his way. This time was different though. Even if he became an Arrancar he wasn't sure he would be able to handle all of Las Noches and Aizen, let alone now while most of them were all still regular Hollow.

They were greeted by two Arrancar at the gates.

A slender teenage-looking female Arrancar sporting long, black hair tied into two pigtails. Only one of her pink eyes are visible because the other is covered by her Hollow mask and bangs. She was wearing a short, frilly skirt. A sleeveless top that left most of her front including her cleavage uncovered with the exception of two pieces that wrapped around her side to cover just past her nipples. She wore white bracers that covered her forearms. It was Loly Aivirrne. Hisashi thought she was quite cute and if it weren't for him knowing about her rotten personality he would have been more than happy for a chance to get to know her better.

The other was also a teenage-looking female Arrancar, but rather than feminine this one looked like a tomboy. She had short, slicked back blonde hair with a fringe that covered her right eye which was also covered by her Hollow mask unlike her left which was green. She wore a short-sleeved white top with an upturned collar that was zipped down far enough to reveal her cleavage. The top left her thighs exposed. A black sash held up her white hakama. This was Menoly Mallia. Unlike Loly her personality at least was much better, though she was kind of a pushover so she couldn't really be trusted.

The two were like a mirror reflection to each other. Inverted. One had a mask over her right eye, the other the left. One had light blonde hair, while the other's was pure black. One was more feminine while the other more masculine.

Spoiler

Loly Menoly

[collapse]

They looked quite aloof as if they didn't care about their arrival.

Loly first noticed Dondochakka's large frame. "What are those lose-" she started, but stopped herself the moment she saw Nelliel who was back to her full power adult form.

Neither Loly nor Menoly could stand up against Nelliel even if they attacked her together. She looked a little nervous. Even if Nelliel was one of the most aloof Arrancar that still didn't mean they felt safe if they insulted her Fracción. Even if the two of them were practically Aizen's aides in Las Noches Arrancar didn't tend to respect political power only personal power. This meant they were quite used to having to gritting their teeth and putting up with others since their personal power was rather lacking amongst the members of Las Noches.

When Hisashi's group got closer she gulped. Even if most of them weren't Arrancar, being faced with five Vasto Lorde was still very unusual. The vast majority of Arrancar in Las Noches had been Adjuchas before transforming. The amount that succeeded in becoming Vasto Lorde could be counted on one hand, at least before now. She was now meeting a group of five of them at once. Even if they weren't strong enough to handle the strongest of Las Noches, at least not before becoming Arrancar, they were still formidable and had reached this level of strength all on their own unlike almost anyone else there.

Hisashi stood at the front towering over the two petite girls.

Loly looked him up and down. Besides the four bladed arms he looked surprisingly human. She wasn't sure why, but despite not giving off a dangerous amount of spirit pressure he felt dangerous. It was like the feeling of being stalked by a predator you couldn't see. Quite unsettling. More so than most Hollow she met and even the others in her group.

"A-Aizen-sama has been expecting you," she said nervously. He could see some anger in her eyes though.

Unsurprising with how much she hated having to be subservient to anyone but Aizen. She hated the feeling of being inferior to others or having to bow to others. The only one she should be below is Aizen At least Menoly seemed mostly relaxed though still slightly wary with all the newcomers.

the chapter if you enjoyed and if you are looking for more check out my Patreon. Currently 13+ chapters ahead.

Writing Soundtrack: Ice Nine Kills - Various Tracks

94