96 – Unfair Fights
3.4k 13 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gantenbainne's body twitched as he repositioned himself for an attack.

Before he could even make his move though Nelliel had disappeared from her spot having moved right in front of him with Sonido and slashing towards him.

He only barely managed to catch her blade with his two two-pronged punch daggers requiring both arms just to barely block her attack. Sparks flew where their zanpakuto met while he was pushed back.

Once he managed to stop her attack though he tried to lock in her sword with his left push dagger while pulling back his right hand punching towards her abdomen.

She managed to slip her blade out and jumped back taking her distance preventing him from landing the strike. She shifted her zanpakuto to a high grip and dashed at him again using Sonido sending countless stabs towards him.

He did his best to dodge the rapid succession of stabs, but despite his best efforts cuts kept appearing across his body as he was struggling to keep up with her speed.

She kept pushing her offence pressuring him with relentless attacks that cornered him with seemingly no way to escape.

Unable to return the offence he suddenly charged his fist up a energy coating it as he slammed it down at the ground causing it to shake and kick up dust forcing back Nelliel for just a moment. It was long enough for him to take some distance.

Electricity sparked between the two prongs of his push daggers.

He dashed back at Nelliel energy flowing from his fist as it rocketed towards her.

She deflected his push dagger with the flat of her blade diverting it away from her to the side then continue the motion to spin and kick him against the side of the head sending him spinning and bouncing across the ground.

After a couple bounces he managed to catch himself leaving gouges through the sand. Some blood leaked from the side of his mask down his cheek and onto the white sand. He wiped away the blood to prevent it from getting in his eye.

His breathing was laboured unlike Nelliel who still seemed in complete control.

Cirucci watched Nelliel closely and gulped. 'It seems she hasn't lost her power after all,' she thought to herself thankful she wasn't the one receiving the beating.

Hisashi smirked as he enjoyed watching her nerves build.

Harribel had wrapped her arm around his tightly while staring at the fight intently. It was clear she was worried for Nelliel despite her outclassing her opponent.

The Tres Bestias seemed to be enjoying how Nelliel was showing the power of their group with proud smiles on their faces.

Gantenbainne tried to push his Sonido to the limit as he disappeared from where he was standing appearing behind Nelliel. He swung his right fist crackling with energy up at the side of her waist. "Uno..." he yelled.

Unlike his expectations though Nelliel managed to lift her zanpakuto between her waist and his fist blocking the powerful strike at the last moment. She was pushed back a few steps, but to his dismay suffered no damage. It didn't even manage to leave her open for the second strike in his combo cutting it short instead.

With a flick of her wrist her zanpakuto slashed across his torso. He dodged back, but wasn't able to do so completely leaving a cut all the way up to his shoulder. Blood flew through the air in the moment before the wound managed to close up enough to stop the worst of the bleeding.

Hisashi wasn't yet used to these battles with the Arrancar most of which had given up on their high speed regeneration ability leading to wounds healing much slower than most Adjuchas even. It made for much gorier fights as Gantenbainne was already covered in numerous bleeding cuts all over his body.

Gantenbainne jumped back and in his desperation charged a Cero while mid-air and fired it at Nelliel hoping to catch her off guard.

She looked unperturbed though.

Nelliel suddenly opened her mouth sucking in all of the energy of the Cero as if it was some kind of food.

Before Gantenbainne could respond she exhaled firing off a purple Cero twice as large as she had consumed.

It was finally there. Her unique skills, the Cero Doble. It allowed her to absorb a Cero and send it back at twice the power to devastating effect.

She was still too soft though as her Cero Doble had barely even grazed Gantenbainne and Hisashi was sure if she had intended to hit him them there would have been no way for him to escape it. She simply outclassed him that much. She still didn't like hurting others deep down though and always tried to avoid it when possible.

Gantenbainne gulped watching the huge gouge out of the surface left behind by her Cero Doble, well aware of what the result would have been if it hit him. Eventually after considering for a few moments he sighed and dropped his zanpakuto leaving both blades handing from his wrists while he held his hands up as if he had gotten serious.

He shook his head. "As expected, I'll have to get serious," he said regretfully.

He cracked his knuckles. "Exhale, Dragra!" he shouted.

A burst of energy escaped him kicking up the sand and dust obscuring everyone's view of him. Everyone could sense his spiritual pressures skyrocket.

Nelliel didn't interfere with him unleashing his Resurrección, more than happy to let him give it his all. 

When the smoke cleared his new form was revealed. The red push daggers had changed to look like claws or even fangs connected by white gold rimmed segmented plates, like an armadillo, that covered up his arms and connected over the back of his shoulders. Another series of segments came down his back ending in a hard sharp point at the end like some kind of tail. The rest of him remained unchanged though.

Spoiler

[collapse]

He pulled down his mask to cover his eyes like a pair of glasses.

the chapter if you enjoyed and if you are looking for more check out my Patreon. Currently 17+ chapters ahead.

Writing Soundtrack: Ice Nine Kills - Various Tracks

73