Unlife Special 2: Nurse Jousset’s notes amended.
731 6 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Sorry for the long wait! I've been struggling with the lockdown and university shovelling unnecessary stress onto me with a possible resit. Thankfully I don't seem to have to do that now so I can focus on bringing more of my stories to you folks! Enjoy and feel free to comment, rate and possibly review if you've not already done so. I'm always craving your thoughts and feedback!

 

These are the personal notes of Miss Minerva Jousset, if the person reading this isn’t her? Then you are a cheeky sod who has somehow opened my drawer which only I know the enchanted code to. Naughty naughty but I know who you are now.

These are the observations I have made on some of my student visitors.

 

Sylvie Wade:

 

Gender: Female.

 

Cryptid/Monster Type: Zombie, Humanoid.

 

Background: Brought back from the dead only two months ago by a criminal conducting forbidden spells and summonings. She has integrated fairly well into the school, with some issues. I was told that she used to be a very confident and outgoing girl, but she seems...timid, perhaps traumatised a bit by her experiences. I suppose its only fair. I am seeking out medical and magical solutions to her problems but there are so many hoops through which I have to jump through its taking a lot of time.

 

Entry 2: Since her arrival to college my worries about her introverted nature have relaxed somewhat. The arrival of more mythical and monster folk have brought her out of her shell a little and she is participating in more and more extra activities on campus. She has also fallen for and has begun a relationship with Erina Hartley. These are encouraging steps in the right direction. However. A recent trip off-campus to a shopping centre has given me cause for concern about how her appearance provokes (unintentionally) a reaction from people. Of course there is very little we can do to change her actual appearance, so how we deal with this will have to be thought through to every degree. In terms of finding a cure to her voice progress has been frustratingly slow, and she has confronted me about this before too.

 

The lozenges we tried had no effect, and so I’ve had to pursue more powerful magic enchantments and spells. And this requires judgement from the High Board to allow me to use any of them as my rank in the order is low.

 

Appearance: Greenish-blue skin with long flowing white hair, has stitches running down parts of her body, and the worst parts are hidden under bandages. She falls apart easily but there is some degree of healing magic that brings her extremities back together if a limb detaches and is put back close. Dresses typically in a hoodie and jeans for comfort, but likes to look smart with tights and skirts for nicer occasions.

 

Likes: Meat (Strictly a carnivorous diet, a new development since her rise from the grave). Music/Singing (Was previously a singer/musician, has since lost her voice and can only growl, cough and mewl, a bit like a cat) Old Video Games.

 

Dislikes: Vegetarian Foods (Not by choice). Being confronted by strangers. People hitting on Erina.

Erina Hartley:

 

Gender: Female 

 

Cryptid/Monster Type: Half-dragon. Humanoid, fantasy.

 

Background: Comes from a long line of Dragons dating back to a long time ago, British dragons are apparently called Arthurian, after the tales of King Arthur and whatnot. Has family issues with her mother but not her father. Is an incredibly talented sports person and as a dragon she has the distinct ability to fly, use extraordinary amounts of strength (well beyond her body size) and can breathe fire, to a degree. She is also in the English course alongside Sylvie.

 

Entry 2: Erina has settled in nicely to the dormitory, despite not needing to move in. It has helped further her closeness to Sylvie and give her company which I feel is very much needed. We have had to fireproof her room and she sometimes lets out small flickers of flames in her dreams, possibly as a reaction to what is happening in the dream. Otherwise there have been minimal issues, but I am on the watch out for possible conflicts with Lucas Armstrong, who has hit on her previously and broke Sylvie’s first computer tablet.

 

Appearance: Long black hair with a mature appearance and stern blue eyes and a dimple on her cheek, she had a pair of horns that sprout out of the side of her head above her ears. Usually she is dressed in sports clothes as her main course requires. Would otherwise dress fairly casually in skinny jeans and  blouses.

 

Likes: Sports, Music, Beef, Flying.

 

Dislikes: Riding Bikes, Clothes with no wing holes.

 

 

Leona Kersten:

 

Gender: Non-Binary/Female (depends on feeling)

 

Cryptid/Monster Type: Shape-shifter.

 

Background: Leona comes from a normal family and kept her innate abilities to herself for the longest time, was miserable in her borne body until introduced to the idea of changing that body into a more feminine form. Ever since then has been slowly adjusting that form to suit her, currently existing in a more obviously feminine body and style, and since adapted her previous name to fit.

 

Appearance: When human she is usually on the short end of the scale for the average height of her age, her hairstyle is dependant on how she feels that day but always remains a rich brown, as does her green eyes. When in an animal form she...well looks like any other animal. I have it on authority from her friends who’ve witnessed her that she can become any of the following at least:

 

  • Crow
  • Robin
  • Turtle
  • Mouse
  • Fox

 

Who knows what other forms she can become, her abilities are nearly as rare as Sylvie. (Who is one of a kind as far as I am aware). Is currently experimenting with lots of different clothes in order to find a look which suits her. Most do.

 

Likes: Being out in the woods and becoming animals, exploring her natural ability.

 

Dislikes: Situations with lots of people (becoming less of an issue), big cities, loud noises.

 

 

Cadence Brook:

 

Gender: Female

 

Human.

 

Background: An only child raised by a widowed mother from when she was 10. Her father died in an attack on his workplace by a disgruntled former employee. Seems to harbour a hatred for Monster-Folk and the likes who have since integrated into society. In an interview I conducted with her she especially hates Sylvie to a point where she attempted to drop a lighting rig on Sylvie to crush her. (Its noted that I am doubtful as to whether this would kill Sylvie in the first place).

Entry 2: Ever since this incident she has regressed into being even less social than before, as told to me by her supervisor that oversaw her punishment and studies. Since that punishment ended she has made considerable effort towards mending her relationship with Sylvie. Who has been more than accepting of her apology. 

 

However, she still appears to be suffering from a lot of mental health issues, including some form of PTSD and almost certainly depression and a lack of self confidence. Although I am no psychologist. I am going to recommend that she carries on seeing external help from one.

 

Appearance: She is a short mousy girl with a dark brooding expression naturally, this is contrasting with her light brown hair which is often tied in a ponytail. Tends to wear pleated skirts and hoodies in most of my encounters with her.

 

Likes: Unknown

 

Dislikes: Herself.

 

 

Sémphnìo Moss

 

Gender: Female

 

Cryptid/Monster Type: Selkie.

 

Background: Sémphnìo or Sammy, is a Selkie and originates from the wild north coast of Scotland. Her parents revealed themselves to the world when she was young and she entered into proper schooling, the first of her family to do so. Both of her parents travel the world in order to help other Selkies integrate into their societies. Sammy is a diligent student, who wants to follow in her parent’s footsteps and do charity work.

 

Unsurprisingly, she is a brilliant swimmer.

 

Appearance: Pale with darker patches of skin scattered all over her body, Sammy has grey hair as well as extra tufts all over her body. Her human form is bigger than the average for her height, with her body not able to shed all the extra warming fat from her Seal form. She keeps her hair tied up in either a ponytail or twin tails, and has whiskers growing out of her cheeks. She has sharp predatory teeth. Dresses in woolen sweaters and skirts most of the time.

 

Likes: Giving to and supporting charities. Swimming. Studying. Sweets and Biscuits. Fish. Rain.

 

Dislikes: Fruit and Vegetables. Dry weather. Sunshine.

 

Maeve Austin

 

Gender: Female

 

Cryptid/Monster Type: Dullahan.

 

Background: Maeve hails from Ireland originally, as do all Dullahans, although her lineage is relatively distant. Her parents work in the countryside far from the city, with her mother working in the Search and Rescue departments of the Fire Services, and her father working as an realtor selling homes. In my sessions talking to her she has revealed that she is bisexual, and has some degree of magical sense ability, although the larger extent of it she has not revealed to me. Which is more than fair enough. She has a mischievous attitude and seems to be very curious about Sylvie, as the young zombie girl’s small but growing friendship group seems to be the only people she hangs out with. And she behaves much differently around them compared to other people.

 

Appearance: Pale skinned with ginger hair and a wide smile, Maeve looks fairly indistinguishable from a regular human, the only clue to what she is externally is the metal piece on her neck that seems to keep her head attached to her body. I have been meaning to ask about this as a possible fix to Sylvie’s constant issues with falling to pieces. Maeve is actually also quite thin, with tall stick-like legs. Dresses in boyish clothes, Jeans, shorts and tank tops. Is very rarely seen without a hoodie on.

 

Likes: Hanging around with Sylvie. Music and video games. Coffee

 

Dislikes: Unconfirmed.

 

Lucas Armstrong

 

Gender: Male

 

Cryptid/Monster Type: Bird-man/Angel type. Unsure.

 

Background: I haven’t had much interaction with him. He appears to be avoiding me. The little I could scrounge was that he comes from a higher class background than the average student here, and this could very much be his first taste of more public schooling. He seems arrogant and a little predatory, having already hit on several of the female students. I will keep a much closer eye on him and inform the principal if anything exceeding the rules takes place.

 

Appearance: Lucas is of a medium height and is well build, with dark brown hair matching his mottled grey-white wings. If I had to attribute a species of bird which closely matched the pattern it would be that of the Peregrine Falcon which hunts along the south coast. 

 

Likes: Girls.

 

Dislikes: Being rejected. 

 

I must keep a closer eye on this one.

35