Chapter 57: Bang, Crash, and Boom!
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 57: Bang, Crash, and Boom!

The newly awakened Darius, a Hero of Ultimate Fate, wants to see a Dark Age world. What he sees is a world much like his one. And so, the hero becomes the demon lord…

Just what is this crap? Who decided that there should be TVs and shit in a fantasy world? I want a full refund!

My name is Darius, and I am a Hero of Ultimate Fate. Well, no longer! For, tonight, I am in the house of demon lord Antony, who is also a reincarnator. Did I mention he is a vampire? And a gamer? Ugh!

Fortunately, for me, not for him, I have a cheat ability. It is called: Brainwashing. Hehe.

I slip inside Antony's three-story glass dome of a house, and make my way to his play room. When I open the door, I look around, my eyes narrowing.

 There he is, playing on a computer with three monitors. There are also some fitness tools, along with a PlayStation, which, in a fantasy world, is bordering on a criminal offense.

"Hey, who let you in here?" Antony asks, as he turns his chair towards me. I look at the monitor, and see, some tall Nordic people in a Dark Age setting.

 Ugh, what a normie. And, of course, that game would make its way in this fantasy world. If I could only find the guy who rips off games and music from Earth, and pollutes this wonderful world with them…

"Today, a new dawn will rise over us, brother," his eyes go wide, and then he pulls a cross. I stomp my foot down.

"What the hell, dude? You are a demon lord. God won't save your lily ass!"

"Who are you to say that? Look, I went to Catholic school. If you are a demon, I will spray you with holy water!"

"Just because you went to Catholic school, it doesn't mean that you can make holy water, you doofos!" I snarl. He actually pulls out a bottle from his nightstand, and then opens it.

"Stay back! Get behind me, Satan!"

"You are the demon lord; you brain-dead son of a…" and I get water in my face. I blink at him; he blinks at me. I pull out a steel baton.

"So, you choose violence?" I approach him, not giving him any room to run away. He gets out of his chair, and then begins to back towards the open window.

"Look, I don't want any trouble," he says, and I keep on walking towards him.

"Well, trouble found you. Now, come over here," I edge ever closer. When he reaches the window, he takes the curtain off its hooks, and then wields it towards me as if I am a bull. The blasted curtain is not even red.

I pause in my advances.

"You are retarded," I conclude, which just depresses me.

"Hey, who gave you the right to just barge in here, and threaten me? And to insult me? What is your problem?"

"My problem? This," I open my arms wide, and then wave them around the room. "Is a travesty! A computer, in a fantasy world? Link, in a fantasy world?"

"Link is from Nintendo," the demon lord corrects me, and I lose it. With a yell, I lunge at him.

 He throws the curtain at me, and then tackles me to the ground. I grab a fistful of his hair, and tug. He bites me on the shoulder. I knee him in the family jewels. He screams in pain, and rolls away.

"What the hell, man? You really need anger management!" He backs away, as I remove the moldy curtain. Does he not wash his curtains? It appears so. "I am not harming anyone, by living the way I live!"

"You are harming the universe," I yell. "People like me, who felt caged in the modern jungle, deserve their Dark Ages theme park!"

"Just hear yourself speak!" He yells, as he keeps on backing away. "Theme Park? People live in here! Why shouldn't they have plumbing, and a TV? You are too selfish for words!"

"Do not call me that!" My nerves, as frail as they are, finally snap. I lunge at him, and force him to look at me. "You will obey my command, Antony!"

"Hell no!" He knees me in the gut, and then runs out of the room.

 I look around the room. This testament to everything wrong with letting people from another world pollute yours. With a roar, I get up and rush after him.

He throws all kinds of stuff after me. A small part of me wants to scream at me. What am I thinking? This is a home invasion. This world has laws. It is no Dark Age hamlet.

And yet, I feel as if I owe it to all the reincarnators after me, to pull the switch on this advancing world. No TVs in my power fantasy. Please and thank you!

I tackle Antony, and then he collapses on the ground. I hear a sickening snap, and then look around me. The house begins to… melt?

"Hey, Antony?" I pull him around, and then see that his eyes are wide, and glass-like. "Oh, man."

Darius will be forever remembered as the Demon Lord Darius, despite being hailed as a hero, at the beginning of his journey to Florifel. With a single stroke, he had killed the demon lord responsible for the progress in the world.

 And with him dead, all the progress got reversed to the level it was, before he came, and got rich from reinventing almost everything he remembered from his past world.

As for Darius, well, he had to run. Soon after he killed the dark lord, he contacted vampirism. No, he was not infected, per se, so the word doesn't quite fit. His body, going through the transition between hero and demon, choose to manifest in him becoming a vampire.

Not that Darius would have to live his life as a vampire for long. For, he is doomed to meet another Hero of Ultimate Fate. One named Sebastian.

The story of Sebastian is written down by the Mad Scribe. The name this shade of a man selects for the adventure?

The Terror from the Ice…

 

If you want more chapters, check out my ko-fi. A one-off donation will allow you to view all of my advanced chapters for life. 

1