Chapter 58: Me, Bastien, and Magic
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 58: Me, Bastien, and Magic

After Darius hit the great reset, he got what he wanted. And yet, it all tasted like ashes in his mouth. And so, he prowled the night, in search for the Hero of Ultimate Fate, who would rise against him.

I can see him, speaking with a buxom woman, at the bar. She giggles prettily. I don't know what his problem is, but he doesn't so much as try to see me. I am at the end of the bar, and looking straight at him. And yet, he still doesn't pay me any attention.

Yes, I wanted for the fantasy world to return back to the Dark Age. And yet, people don't seem too bothered by it all. They seem to have forgotten all about the modern comforts.

The streets, contrary to what most documentaries will lead you to believe, are not open sewers. Well, I suppose Shad tried to tell us all, but I only liked his castle videos.

Who is Shad? Well…

"Hello, what do you drink?" The hero slides next to me, with a roguish grin on his lips. I smirk at him. As if I will let myself get done in by a novice.

"Mead," I say, and he smiles wider.

"A sweet tooth, eh? I like mead too. This place is so different from back home," he waves the barmaid over, and orders two bottles of mead for us. I wonder if he had played that game… and got jetted by a giant one too many times.

Doesn't he see that I am a demon lord? A vampire? Oh, but his blood is calling me.

A little part of Darius would try to stop him. Remind him that he is a creature of the modern world, not a native. He doesn't listen to his common sense. After all, what purpose does the handsome hero have, to try to talk to him?

The barmaid comes with our orders, and he takes the bottle which is placed before me. I don't mind. I let him open it, and bring it to my lips. Mm, I think I will have some fun first.

"So, you are a Hero of Ultimate Fate?" I ask him, and he leans in.

"There is the thing. I don't know just who I am supposed to save. Dark Lords and Demon Lords seem to all mind their own business."

"Do you want me to tell you a secret?" I lean in, so my breath can ghost over him. He seems to be mesmerized by my blood-red ribbon. A little something, I used to hold my now long and curly hair in check. Good.

"Let me guess? You are single, and on the prowl?"

He closes the distance, and gives my lips a peck. Almost a ghost of a touch. I close my eyes. Hm, what a waste it would be, if I snuff him out right now.

"I can offer you much…" I let my words trail off, and he moves to place his hand on the back of my neck. "I know all about magic, and can teach you."

"Tempting," he plays with my ponytail. It is… pleasant. "But I am after something else."

His giggle makes me realize that my pants are getting tighter. I smirk, more teeth, than anything else.

"Don't you know who I am?"

"My latest conquest?"

"Silly brat," even thought the words are harsh, I still speak them with fondness.

"Starved geezer," with that, he moves back to his seat. I miss his warmth. The warmth of his body, not too muscular, not too skinny. Just perfect. Because I can, I run a hand over his back. In a mimicry of a children's game, involving spiders. 

He turns towards me, his green eyes framed by long lashes. Ah, I think I have gone on long enough, without someone by my side. What is the harm?

"I have a room upstairs," he licks his lips, to show me that we are on the same wavelength. At least, that is what I make from the gesture.

"Have you ever been with a vampire? It can be quite… the thing," I repeat my last sentence in my brain, and can't help the wince. Just what is this hero doing to me?

He chuckles, and then tips the bottle of mead. I watch, transfixed, as his Adam's apple bops up and down. He places the bottle on the bar with a small thump, and then reaches out. His warm hand takes a hold of my cold one, and then we are off.

Before we make even a step, I take out a gold coin, and place it on the counter. He smiles at me, and keeps on leading me. Up the stairs, and into a small room.

"Tell me your name," he whispers, and I am so intoxicated with want, that it doesn't even register to me, what I whisper to him. He smiles, and then leads me to the bed. I tug at his clothes, not unlike a sloppy teenager.

If the vampires of this world had any sense of pride left in them, after the entire D-pop episode, then they would be appalled by my clumsiness.

"I want you to bite me," he begins to rut against me, and I close my eyes. Ah, so that is how it will be.

"Make me," I lick a trail from his shoulder and up his neck. It ends in a kiss. I allow for him to hook a leg around me, and then to flip our positions.

"I haven't been honest with you," he is sin personified. How he rides me, while our clothes are still on. Oh, I want inside that. I just want. "You are my target."

His green eyes are set aglow with light, and then he bites me. It hurts. I trash in his hold, but he keeps on gulping my blood. Just what does he want to achieve? Drain me? I will survive. 

Those, who pull out a knife, should expect for others to stab them.

No, Darius did not survive. Sebastian did his job, as a hero, and then became something more to his taste.

Not that he would ever act on his new nature. For, in his mind, only getting a good time mattered. What a shame, he would later lament, that he didn't get to sample the demon lord's seed.

His blood, for some reason, was not enough.

Read more about Sebastian in his novel:

The Terror from the Ice.  

 

 

1