Chapter 83: Extra 3, A good show
705 11 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I unfroze quickly and started to get angry at myself. I hated this group deeply but I could not wish to change the outcome, there were 7 other victims to be saved in this den.

“Use healing pills and interview everyone” I ordered before going to another small cave. I made and an isolation array and called my friend

“Wu ChengLi” I said angrily

“No more Li-er?” he asked jokingly. I stopped calling him that years ago, we were too old to use our childhood nicknames. He was joking because he saw me angry. Uncle Huai did the same from time to time.

“You forgot to notify me about something important” I gave him a hint. Seeing his confused face, I relaxed

“I just met your half brother with his wives and 2 followers”

“Impossible! Last time I checked he was in seclusion at his residence” Exclaimed ChengLi

“When was that?” I asked

“3 days ago!”

“Well, he might have found out that you spied on him and ran away” I concluded “I just saved him and others from a den of bandits in.my.continent”

“I have to investigate how my spies did not know he and his crew ran away” replied Wu ChengLi angrily

This did not matter to me “Does he know who I am and that I am your friend?”

“No one knows your full name here. Even my mother would call you Xiao Shin when talking about you”

“Good, I can work with that, I will try to get some information on how he ran away. You owe me big” I said arrogantly

“Sorry Yu Shin, no one here knows how smart and amazing you are. As a repayment, I will spread your achievements before you arrive” said Wu ChengLi with a smirk

“Do that and I will not tell you the 2nd reason I am coming to see you” The first being his mother’s wedding 

“That got me curious, fine I will wait until you arrive to make the decision” I knew he would not say anything anyway. In the Greenwood continent, I was part of the small group of Nascent Soul cultivators. With my powers, I was safe but the Golden Tree continent had a few Nihility cultivators. It would be a problem if they knew how smart I was. Not that I was bragging.

After I ended the call, I heard some screams so I hurried back to the prison. After everyone was healed, grievance and crying sessions started.

“A divorce! I want a divorce you bast*ard. I curse the day I met you, you low life scum” screamed one of the women. It was the protagonist’s first wife, Wen Mei. I activated a recording artifact as soon as I heard the first divorce word.

“A divorce? Let me kill him instead! No, it would be too good for him. Torture first” said his other wife, Ling YiYi.

AnJiu wanted to pacify them but I sent him a message with spiritual energy to not disturb the good show so early. 

“B*tches and bast*ard have to be bound together. Stay together and don’t implicate others” said Liu Pei. He was supposed to be the best friend of Wu ChengLiu.

“Can I get out of this cave? Seeing them makes me more disgusted than those who kidnapped us” asked his other good friend, Qing Tao.

I looked at the other victims, they moved away from this group and avoided looking at them. I sighed, for their sake, I had to stop this show. I pointed at the 7 victims, “AnJiu, took them to the main cave and gave them food. Ask about their experiences and information. I will deal with this group” I said while pointing at the scum team.

Two guards stayed with me to write a report while I was interrogating these victims. I found out sadly that they were real victims. 

They traveled together from another continent. They were captured and their spiritual energy bound by the bandits 15 days ago. Knowing that their families were too far to pay ransom, the bandits planned to sell them as slaves on a nearby island.

In exchange for not hurting him and more food, Wu ChengLiu shared with the bandits everyone’s weaknesses and hidden artifacts. His 2 friends were hit constantly until they took out their hidden treasures. The wives were too weak and gave theirs quickly so they only starved during that time. 

“I was the one who gave you everything! Why weren't you willing to return them back when I requested it!” screamed Wu ChengLiu

“You f*cking Bast*ard! My necklace was a family heirloom, why would I give it away willingly!” said Liu Pei. 

“You seem to be coming from wealthy families so you should have had protection artifacts on you. How could the bandits apprehend you?” I asked curiously

“This b*tch told us to hide them to avoid being recognized. We are from a different continent! Why would we be recognized here?” shouted Qing Tao while pointing at Li Mei.

“How could I know you were all useless against Core formation bandits?” she shouted back

“How dare you! You hid behind us during the fight” scolded Wu ChengLiu

“I don’t remember seeing you fighting either” added Liu Pei looking at him

“YiYi told us this continent had mostly foundation establishment cultivators! The first people we met were bandits in the Core Formation stage!” replied Wu ChenLiu.

I was still recording. This show had to be enjoyed at least once a month from now on! No, once a week!

So this is what happens when you remove golden fingers from this group. I didn’t see them going far with their temperaments. They would be lucky if they did not kill each other in the future.  

“From what you said so far, you are from another continent and are running away. Correct?” I asked

“Yes, we are from the Golden Tree continent. It is a month away with a level 5 transportation artifact” replied Ling YiYi

“YiYi! You promised to keep that secret!” scolded Wu ChengLiu

“Why do we have to?” snared Liu Pei “You are the only one scared enough from his half brother to run away. Everyone else followed you due to friendship. We could go back anytime we want”

“Yes, don’t expect us to follow you after what you have done to us you bast*ard. I want to go back home. My Wen family home, not yours” added Wen Mei

“The bandits broke my ship. Could we find another one?” asked Liu Pei

“After I collect the evidence, hear the other group and notify the nearest city, I can see what I can do. For now, please draw the artifacts stolen by the bandits and I will see if we can find them. I have a lie detector so don’t dare lie and get greedy” I warned. 

“Can you unlock our spiritual energy?” Asked Wu ChengLiu

“Not yet, I have to make sure you are innocent. Running away to another continent does not help you in that aspect” 

“Wait! Just use your lie detector right now. I am not lying. My half-brother wants to kill me!” begged Wu ChengLiu

I took out a round light artifact I got as a gift from Xie-er1Uncle Huai and aunt Yan's son. He should be 5 or 6 years old at this time. It changed colors based on the holder’s will. I silently asked for a white light “Fair enough. Then tell me, why does your half brother want to kill you?” I asked 

“He hates me because my mother was his father's concubine! He is jealous of me since his mother divorced father” answered Wu ChengLiu. I changed the light to red2MC scamming the scum!

“This is a lie,” I replied quietly. “I will give you more time to think more before answering. In the meanwhile I will go to the other group. Those who lie will not get back whatever is left from their belongings”

“Wait! Does it mean I cannot get mine?” asked Wu ChengLiu. I ignored him and slowly walked out. I heard behind me “You lied! You lied to us and asked us to run away with you! Why does Wu ChengLi want to kill you then?” Asked Qing Tao

Luckily, I gave the recorder to my guards. If I heard more right now I would fly from joy but I could not afford to do it. Seven other victims waited to be taken care of.

37