6. Makeup doesn’t make an ugly thing beautiful
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Can I get back to my place?" Kiryin thought and then seeing that everything was in place he visualized his old place again. And again in moment's notice he was back in his old chair, without even scaring the butterfly that was sitting on the side of the table in the dimly lit room.

Looking at his old place again in an interval of few seconds made him ecstatic. That meant he could come back and forth, and only thing he needed to do was to make sure that he was being calm and focused. After calming himself down, he focused himself again and visualized the prison cage for the second time.

After a few seconds, he again found himself at the place he was locked in the whole day and this time too he was back silently.

"Sigh. The night is long, wish I had my pillow here." Kiryin sighed as he looked at the stars after the initial excitement died down. He happy that he could access his newfound abilities with ease and could go back and forth. The only thing that was required now was to wait for an opportunity to come clean as he was.

He needed them to believe that he wasn't a spy and in fact Kiryin was even ready to toil and learn magic if that was all it took from them once he was in the clear, because at the moment, he was almost sure that what he had was almost like magic.

Imagine learning magic and using it on Earth. He would be considered a superhero if he wears some kind of cowl and mask. Though he wasn't some kind of justice serving person but once in a while, a good work might just give him good karma. But

He was imagining all kinds of scenarios as he drifted off to sleep. He was tired with all the moving around and his body was too exhausted to let his brain imagine more stupid scenarios. The next day he was woken up the warm sunlight falling upon his face. There wasn't space in the wooden floor of the cage but thankfully it was clean enough for him to sleep.

Kiryin woke up with groggy and baggy eyes as he was forced to wake up since the maid had come and served him food while loudly banging on the prison cell. Thankfully nobody came to question about his disappearance in the night.

He ate the distasteful food as always and didn't complain at all and as usual nobody came to bother him. He was introverted but being looked like some kind of a criminal made him a feel a bit uncomfortable. 

The caravan started rolling again and Kiryin was hoping their journey to end and prove that he was the innocent guy here but the world had something different planned for him. After traversing for about an hour, he suddenly heard some sounds.

The air resonated with the eerie chittering sound that echoed throughout, sending a chill down the spines of the caravan's members, including Kiryin himself. He didn't know what it signified but he could see the panic in the faces of everyone present.

"Everyone in defense." The scarred leader shouted The knights took out their shiny and somewhat dented shields out and had the sword on their primary hand. These knights weren't the only one who were in such mode, the wizards/ magicians were also standing behind the knights.

Everyone was in super alert mode and each of them had made it a point to surround the three wagons being taken, and in extension Kiryin's prison cage was also  being defended, but he wasn't comfortable at all.

After sometime, the trees on the sides seems to be moving in different directions and within moments massive creatures started emerging from the left side of the side the road. These creatures didn't look like some kind of land animal in the form of bear or lion.

These creatures, which were at at least a dozen, were some wild variants of snails. Their massive, gleaming shells towered above the caravan, their slimy trails leaving a glistening path behind. Their shells had some kind of colored pattern on them, each pattern being different from the other,  which made them look otherworldly but somehow still ugly.

"No matter how much makeup you apply, an ugly being can never transform into a butterfly, unless you are already a butterfly," Kiryin murmured quietly.

"Listen up, everyone. These are the Glimmershell Escargots. They are vulnerable to fire and agility. Avoid striking their shells as they tend to deflect and even rebound attacks. Aim for their slimy bodies," the scarred leader commanded, projecting the authority of a capable leader, ensuring everyone understood the threat they faced.

Kiryin wasn't particularly anxious about the situation. If things took a turn for the worse, he could simply take off and return home. However, a part of him was curious to see if these people were capable enough to handle these monsters. He wanted to learn from them and observe their magical abilities. With a swift and determined motion, the knights sprang into action. Donned in gleaming armor, they wielded their radiant swords, the blades shimmering with an otherworldly aura. Each swing of their weapons sliced through the air, leaving behind a trail of mesmerizing light.

Kiryin's eyes sparkled with excitement as he watched them in awe. Their swordplay was far from ordinary, and he easily discerned a unique power infused within their blades, enabling them to release swift slashes that traversed the air over short distances. Even their shields emitted a shimmering light. However, these formidable creatures proved to be a challenge, as they expelled streams of mucus towards the knights, originating from beneath their bodies. Thankfully, the knights' shields managed to intercept the slimy assault.

Yet, one knight faltered and was forcefully propelled backward, his shield flung aside. The mucus engulfed the man, subjecting him to a merciless demise. He perished in the cruelest manner imaginable, as his body dissolved like flesh exposed to acid. First, his skin burned away, followed by his tissues and muscles, until all that remained were his bare bones.

0