Chapter 141 Camp Defense 4
3.8k 11 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surely because they are the ones with the most resistant abilities, the zombies that survived the attack of various magical scrolls, the vast majority were those that had exceeded the 3rd limit and also the force type ones were still in better condition.

 

...well, that was compared to the other zombies that were more unlucky and were now charred, totally frozen, crushed, or butchered.

 

Although the zombies above the 3rd limit could certainly move to try to fight, they all had parts frozen, burned, or were missing limbs from the magical attack... Furthermore, the greatest sequel and benefit that the attack provided us with was that this group was now dispersed.

 

For this reason, it was easier for the girls and me to kill any enemy that crossed our path. Besides, to make our struggle even easier we carried weapons cut any zombie as if they were vegetables without us had to make much effort too.

 

"Let's separate to find the leader of this horde"

 

Since the system had not notified me that I had completed some of the objectives of this mission, therefore it is certain that that the zombie general must still be alive.

 

So that after killing some zombies and watch the girls would have no problem or would run high risk to the eliminate them, I decided that it was best to us separate for more ground to cover and to find the zombie general and to deal with him before it takes the option to flee.

 

But having the ones who stayed in the Helicopter and constantly shooting for support, we shouldn't take too long to finish this group of zombies.

 

Finishing my words, the girls next to me nod and then each of us takes a separate path. As for me, before moving first I extend my domain and try to look for any group that has come together after the magic attack...

 

Whenever I have encountered a smart zombie it has kept company with other stronger zombies like its bodyguards, so if it survived and can move, then it will surely try to regroup again.

 

"Curse!! That damn really is running away!!"

 

A few seconds after extending my domain and analyzing the surroundings, as I had thought, I discover a group of about 10 individuals who had regrouped but instead of heading towards us or the camp to attack, they were heading in the opposite direction.

 

With no other option, I start running towards where they are... I should have brought Haruna's dog, if I rode him I would not have to make an effort to do this... no, that damn will probably not allow me to do it and also with its size, it would be very uncomfortable if it were inside from the helicopter with so many people.

 

A few minutes after I start running I can see the group of zombies running away from us, fortunately, this was made up of only force type zombies and therefore their speed to flee was not so fast.

 

"I had been wondering if I would meet a zombie that could have evolved to the 5th limit before I left this world, since the number of zombies that my soldiers killed every day on expeditions to small towns was enough to complete the mission before 6 months, there was no need to attack another big city and so I believed that it was unlikely that we would find a zombie of that level in one of those small towns...

 

But unexpectedly, now I find a handful of these here. Haaa, I do n't know if I should consider myself lucky or unlucky for this. "

 

When I approach them and try to identify the leader using my evaluation skill, I realize that all of these in the text box above their heads indicated that they were E5...

 

That certainly surprised me a bit and even makes me stop my feet for a second, but I quickly follow behind them and then as I get closer I discover the most likely reason why the smart zombie must have survived.

 

This group of E5 should have always stayed by its side and when the smart zombie saw the attacks it most likely ordered them to protect him using their bodies. Even though these were also injured for that reason, due to their evolution, the resistance of their body surely improved again and therefore they were in better condition than the others of their companions.

 

"Grraaaah !!"

 

The zombie with the text box that said zombie general above its head suddenly screams as it notices me approaching and in the next instant of that group most turn to face me while only a few continue to escape.

 

Seeing this, a smile is drawn on my face... with my new sword, I would surely keep cutting these E5 in the same way as the E4 without much distinction between them despite being a higher range.

 

But this time I want to test my other new weapons that notwithstanding not being as strong as the sword, I also had to check the performance of these.

 

I take my hand to my waist and draw my pistols, but now they were no longer my old colt and beretta... although I feel a little sad to put them aside because they had accompanied me almost since I was reborn, it was time to change these.

 

[RSh-12-H]

Revolver caliber .50 of double action system with a capacity of 5 cartridges. This weapon was specially designed to match large caliber rifles and be able to hunt big creatures with it.

 

I go back to review my new pistols... or revolvers for a second with evaluation and after immediately point them at the E5 zombies that were coming towards me, then having my sights on the first two enemies I pull the trigger.

 

[Bang !!] [Bang !!]

 

Immediately the two detonations that eject the bullet are heard, no… more than the sound produced by a weapon, these almost looked like explosions that even made my ears ring for a second.

 

Also, the recoil was quite a bit bigger than my previous weapons and probably if it weren't for my strengthening, firing these revolvers would be a little awkward. Although seeing the result of the pair of RHS-12, I could not complain about these small demerits...

 

The two zombies I had shot after feeling the impact of the bullet on their faces, instinctively put their hands to their heads... unfortunately for them, things had not ended with just that. That damage alone would surely end them or at least affect them a lot, but the effect of this new weapon of mine was not over ...

 

[Boom] [Boom]

 

One second after the shot, the heads of those two zombies explode and scattering debris all around.

 

This was one of the reasons why I chose this weapon. Apart from its large caliber, another advantage was that it could use different types of projectiles in it and this case it was explosive bullets.

 

After losing their heads, the bodies of the two zombies fall, I stop paying attention to them and continue firing until emptying the magazines of both weapons that were still running towards me. Like other zombies these try to protect their heads with their hands, but with that they only won that I had to spend one more bullet on them.

 

With the first one I amputated its limb with which they covered themselves... or made them explode. And with the second one, the same thing was repeated as with the first two zombies.

 

Thanks to my new weapons, in just a matter of seconds I pass the headless bodies of this group of zombies who tried to buy time while running towards those who were trying to getaway.

 

"Graaah !!"

 

"It's over ... your subordinates couldn't buy you too long time"

 

When the zombie general sees me approaching him, he roars again but now more than being something threaten, it was more a sound of despair and some fear. The earlier is repeated and the last zombies that accompanied him advance after that, but quickly these also fall like their other companions without being able to do much and leaving only their leader.

 

[Beep]

 

[Target Remove Zombie General] [Completed]

 

Staying if no subordinate to protect him, the zombie general tries to escape on his own but I end up killing him just like the rest without much effort. I had no resentment or reason to drag this out, so after giving him one last word I shot him while he had turned his back on me to run. Doing this, a second later the system's voice is heard in my head.

 

I collect the bodies and crystals that came out of the zombies' heads from the explosions and then I look for other targets to kill. As these were evolved zombies, these had their value and it would also be better not to let them get closer to the camp since the consumption of the shield to stop them would be greater.

 

It didn't take long for us to clear this area of any zombie since the helicopter grounded and the soldiers and girls who had been there, with the exception of Shisuka, Haruna and the little girls, get down from this to help eliminate them.

 

So with nothing else to do here, the whole group come back to the camp... but when we arrived we had to ask them to deactivate the shield for a few seconds. This did not change things much for the zombies as most were quickly detained or neutralized when they entered that short period that there was no protection in the camp.

 

The rest was simple and we only had to wait a few hours until the zombies stopped coming towards the camp. Seeing all this, it can be said that everything was a complete success and we were also able to protect the camp without the need to use the strongest weapons we possessed.

 

[Beep]

 

[Mission / Optional "Camp Defense - H"

 

Since the terrains of this world are practically controlled by the enemy, losing the little terrain that humanity owns is one step closer to annihilation. For this reason, it is essential to fight to maintain the dominance of these places and in this way, the hope of the people does not disappear along with their homes.

 

Requirements: Resist the zombie horde                         

                         Eliminate the "Zombie General" leader of the horde.

 

Failure: Death, Loss of Camp, Escape from the Zombie General

 

Reward: 1x Transmuting Scroll-H (Base Level Homunculus 50)

               10,000x Crystals

               100,000x Gold]

 

[Mission / Optional "Camp Defense - H"] [Completed Rating: S

Additional Rewards: 1x H-Rank Item Coupon

                                  10,000x Crystals

                                  100,000x Gold]

 

In the evening I hear the sound of the system again as announcement of the end of this fight, now it only remained to take care of the aftermath of this one that would also be more profits for me.

 

[Beep]

[Alexander level up to 56]

[Kurisu 46]

[Saeko level up to 51]

[Scythe Level up 54]

[Leona Level up 60]

[Haruna Level up 48]

[Shisuka Level up to 48]

[Rika Level up to 52]

 

As usual, after the fight is over the energy of all the eliminated zombies begins to be distributed among all those who participated in it. Then the system notifies me of the increase in the level of the girls that it recognizes as someone with a formal relationship with me and from whom I can see their status.

 

Kurisu, despite being the first to be with me, seems to have lagged slightly behind the others since she dedicated herself to being in the laboratory for a while rather than hunting zombies.

 

This should also be the case for Shisuka, but thanks to the almost daily training she performs was able to keep her level close to the girls who went out to fight... that moment of pleasure my and effort of hers was not in vain.

 

Haruna who is in a similar position as these two previous girls was able to achieve that level to her dog's help, without a doubt of all the girls, she is probably the one who has leveled with less effort than the rest. 

 

Also, along with the system notification the other people start to level up. Although most of the soldiers went up a few levels, the residents who were the weakest were the most benefited from this since they increase more than a limit... perhaps that is why apart from our level being high, also due to the great number of people who participated, the amount for each individual of energy was less.

 

Thanks to that, many recover a little energy but since it is most likely that mental fatigue remained in them, the best thing would be to do the things that remain to be done for the next day.

Seeing that when most people realizing that there were no more enemies, most of them were now slumped to the ground with a smile on their faces exhausted from the effort they had made since the previous day, then it is better to allow them rest.

 

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------

The next day as planned, the surrounding bodies of the zombies were cleaned. In the end after putting them in my storage, the amount of these that this indicated to me was 427,814 and also there were almost 15 thousand evolved.

 

...that was almost the amount of zombies that we eliminated in the city and it took us almost 2 months to eliminate them... but this time it was in one day.

 

It certainly sounds like a terrifying amount of enemies, but for me, this meant something else... if we say that each zombie has a crystal with an average value of 5... then the number of crystals I now have in my storage is over 2 million.

 

Curse! Truly this world became a great crystal mine! Also, the best thing was that our group is probably the only one that can get a profit from them and thanks to that, I don't have to worry about others trying to get them or fight us for them.

 

And most likely the number of crystals I can get from this world will increase even more... although the reason for this also poses a risk to the population here.

 

After a bit of examining the bodies of the E5 zombies, these apparently didn't change much at the naked eye and instead experienced a qualitative change just like the normal creatures that exceed their first limit causing the value of their crystal to pass from a value of less than a ten to hundreds.

 

In the case of the E5, the value of the crystals of these had increased again and a single one of these exceeded the value of 5,000.

 

[That's because the vast majority of creatures or monsters compared to humans or similar beings have always been one step ahead of them.

 

For example, monsters are born with a crystal that acts as their energy core from the beginning, while humans have to exceed 5 limits to do something similar to themselves in their bodies.

 

Leaving the fact that a monster has a stronger physique than a human almost always, even without it a monster of the same level of a person, is stronger than this thanks to the previous reason that I have said before]

 

… Although I understand that each being has its superior qualities, I think it is a little unfair that monsters have such an advantage, Aurora.

 

[As you say each race has its advantages, Alexander. But since there certainly cannot be such a large imbalance between all of them. So, while monsters have the advantages I mention, humans or the like have others.

 

Usually they have the easiest time to evolve their soul level, while monsters have a harder time]

 

I see... it is good to know that our race also has its advantages, although... if the world is a level one, then this would not be very helpful.

 

[… Well, you're right about that]

 

Well, my goal is to continue to strengthen myself and since I am not tied to this level 1 world, it is a good thing to know that it will be easier for me and the girls to increase our soul level more easily.

 

[Don't forget that in your case it will be even easier thanks to my existence and the system of Cross]

 

You are right, also now that I have completed two missions that the system gave me when I arrived here, perhaps I should go thinking during this month that I still have to stay here which is what I will do in the near future.

 

It would also be good to leave things here at HOTD as stable as possible so that on my next visit there are no bad surprises.

 

But the main thing of all is that I have to tell the girls and see which of them will accompany me back to Gaia... or maybe I should say who will want to come with me.

 

Kurisu, Scythe, Leona, Vrana-chan, and my plant it's certain that they will accompany me... probably Saeko too since she had promised to follow me anywhere, but with the others, I will have to talk with them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone!!

 

Thank you all for reading SES and all your comments, this is a moral motivation that drives me to keep writing! Another motivation, although somewhat materialistic, but necessary, is the support of all of you in my p-a-t-r-e-o-n, so if you like the novel and want to read advanced chapters,  hope you can and  I invite you to visit it!

 

https://www.patreon.com/Drack21

 

Is seems that WN is baned the word (p-a-t-r-e-o-n), so "*******" is (p-a-t-r-e-o-n) without "-"

87